Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Wednesday 19th June

I still get the impatience thing.
    Like when I had my chest infection I wanted to be well 2 hours after I took my anti-biotic and you should see me waiting for a bus. I'm still very much a work in progress on that one.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1521545 wrote: eeeeeewwww aren't we Precious:H:H
      -
      :H:H Program of the week for moi. Must go and be precious for an hour.

RunningCourage;1521547 wrote: PEAPANTS - just watching 24hrs in A&E... MY GAWD.... RESPECT
      to the nursing profession. That is SO demanding. I'm well proud of you.
      Bugger missed it. Have to get it on catch up.

Rightio bacinabit.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1521549 wrote: I still get the impatience thing.
        Like when I had my chest infection I wanted to be well 2 hours after I took my anti-biotic and you should see me waiting for a bus. I'm still very much a work in progress on that one.
        Suppose one thing we gotta mind is that by sobering up we don;t automatically become superhuman / angels / saints (apart from Molly)... it's not as if before booze we were that, so why should we be after we've stopped drowing ourselves in it?

What we're learning is how to deal with life moderately and reasonably. There will be issues - with or without booze. But without booze these issues can be dealt with, without the additional abuse of problem drinking.

make sense?

Comment

really oughta start taking me own medicine one of these days :H

Comment

RunningCourage;1521552 wrote: Suppose one thing we gotta mind is that by sobering up we don;t automatically become superhuman / angels / saints (apart from Molly)... it's not as if before booze we were that, so why should we be after we've stopped drowing ourselves in it?

What we're learning is how to deal with life moderately and reasonably. There will be issues - with or without booze. But without booze these issues can be dealt with, without the additional abuse of problem drinking.

make sense?
            Yes totally D'Arsey.
            Think you mentioned earlier that its hard to distinguish if these traits are just 'us' and not so related to the drink or lack of.
            I can identify with the lack of confidence and fear of life, also still tend isolate myself from friends just as much as I did when drinking. Don't think am in denial as know I have a problem with booze-- 'Im an alcoholic'- think that's first time I've ever typed that!! Booze isn't gonna fix my problems or make life better for me in any shape or form. Just think I need to work on the confidence and tendancy to hide away.

What happened in 24hrs in A&E?

Comment

sweetpea29;1521560 wrote: Yes totally D'Arsey.
              Think you mentioned earlier that its hard to distinguish if these traits are just 'us' and not so related to the drink or lack of.
              I can identify with the lack of confidence and fear of life, also still tend isolate myself from friends just as much as I did when drinking. Don't think am in denial as know I have a problem with booze-- 'Im an alcoholic'- think that's first time I've ever typed that!! Booze isn't gonna fix my problems or make life better for me in any shape or form. Just think I need to work on the confidence and tendancy to hide away.

What happened in 24hrs in A&E?
              Aye - ye see, it's just about knowing what you need to work on while realising that working on it will take time and NOT to be put off by that. I was saying in a PM to Jacs about how 18 months ago i'd NEVER have thought that i'd be here, at June 2013, with being 6 months sober and having run 3 marathons... both these things didn't just happen, they took daily working it and many days were tiring and couldn't-be-arsed and frustrating and other days were good and most days were just days. You will be more confident, and you wont feel the need to hide away. It'll happen. (and for me too!)

A&E: 3 old men, one a 94 yr old veteran.... just a dear; one an alky who drinks 2 bottles of wine every day (i THOUGHT that was his condition when he first was seen...anyone else get that, where they think they can spot a particulalry heavy drinker?); and then one old jamaican dude who died in hospital... but the nurses were ALL so patient, kind and patient-centred in their treatment of them all.

There was a moment that caught me (it'll no come across in words) when the old Jamaican, clearly knowing it was his time to die in the coming few days, simply asked the nurse when she was going home... something about it just caught me, about the beautiful simplicity of life that we forget or choose to ignore when we join the rat race and look for external approval of who we are and have become. It's not about NOT thinking - or that dumb peeps have it good... just about a greater awareness that it's being ALIVE that is such a great thing and not necessarily what or who you become while you are alive.

Oh dear.... i'm tired and going off on ones... better get me onesie on and get ready for bed :H

Comment

Went off to watch 24 hrs on the 4+. Yeah- v moving D'Arsey.

Suppose may say nighters to ye all, even tho yis are all gone on to the leabas!

Nighters xx

Comment

I never sleep.............. evil cackle
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Night Jackie xx Hope ye get some shut-eye xx

Comment

Nighty night, hun. :l
                      Not at work 'til Friday so I can be a dirty stop up tonight.
                      Really enjoyed the conversation tonight with added swooning.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                      X