Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice cravings creeping up?

Hi all! Happy Birthday Seabreeze!
    I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else on mods and what you did. I am doing the whole kit and kabootle, cd's supps meds, faithfully. Fallen off track a little with the cd's but not terrible. I am at 50mg of the Topamax at week 3. I should be at 75 or 100 or whatever the next dose is but I went on vacation so the doc gave me two weeks of 50 mg. Around early afternoon and/or early evening, 5pm or so I have been getting that SERIOUS I need a drink feeling! I fight it take my stuff keep busy etc. The 5pm one I give into thogh b/c I am mods anyway. It goes away after a glass of wine and all is weel for the evening. Do you think I am just used to this dosage of Topamax and will be ok once I go up or is it something more? It is still early in the program for me so I don't want to beat myself up but at the same time, I have come so far out of my personal little hell, I don't EVER want to go back.
    All input always appreciated
    luv to all:l
    :thanks: JoAnn
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Hi,

I am not on topa but I would say if you are having one glass and stopping at one that is pretty darn good moderating.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi ...

Same as Lushy ive not tried topa, so I can't advise on that, but hey .... one glass is amazing .....

Keep up the hard work ......:h :l :h

Love & Hugs
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance (sp? never could spell) guys. Just want to check on myself. :-)
        One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

You're living my dream! Haven't tried mods yet -- have a date set to give it a shot. Have ordered topa but have only used kudzu, cds, book and vitamins to this point. Way to go -- I think you are succeeding!
          Mama T.
          Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Comment

I was on Topa at the beginning and yes I had the same experience. One glass of wine is great. You are doing fine. It's all about "state of mind".
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

twins,
              I do take topa. Maybe when you go up you may not want to drink at all. Thats what has happened to me. I do get occasional cravings when I am stressed. But since I was a beer drinker topa has ruined the taste for me. So I dont drink knowing I wont like it. Wine may be different. 50mg is pretty low.
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
              X