Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeptalking

Hey Everybody

I'm currently just over 10 months sober. I've been a bit grumpy & tired over the last two days and last night apparently I was doing a lot of sleep talking and was giving out to people, the person who told me just laughed about it. I was a bit disturbed by it, questions like am I suppressing something, am I really angry and not aware or dealing with it. Generally I feel I'm trotting along nicely in my recovery, changing everyday, learning new stuff everyday but I suppose I have a certain amount of regrets and guilt about my drinking and I would ultimately like to turn these into peaceful regrets. I suppose I'm afraid these are coming out in my sleep. I'm gona try and meditate on it alittle today but just wondering if anyone else experienced this? am I over analysing? Any advise?
    Thats all really, thanks for listening my friends
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Sleeptalking

Hi sugarbeat, first off congratulations on your ten moths that's fabulous!
    I have always talked in my sleep. I think it has to do with how deeply you are sleeping maybe? I wouldn't let it worry you. I have even woken myself up talking! Here's some info I found on it.

Talking in Your Sleep: Sleep Talking Causes and Treatments
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

Sleeptalking

Oh Sugarbeat,
      I've talked in my sleep for donkey's years. Starting of very, very young. I once told my little brother what he was getting for Christmas. I must have been 9.

It normally happens if I'm over tired and it can be about anything. The last program I watched on TV, something that's niggled all day, something I've read or seen on the news.

I once woke my husband up singing Christmas Carols in August.

I'm trying to say is try not to stress about about it, a few early nights and a bit of meditation will do you the world of good.

J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sleeptalking

Ah you guys are as good, its always great to put these things out there instead of stewing them around in my head, they have a tendency to grow legs and arms when I try to self analyse...
        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Sleeptalking

I will chime in accord with the others, nothing to worry about. I am 29 months today, and periodically, I do that...only this time, I can't blame it on booze! Sleep well and don't sweat it!! You are doing great! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Sleeptalking

I sleep talk as well and yes, I wake myself up. Usually I am angry and yelling at someone. The webpage for asking the Sleep Doc is the best: Sleep Doctor | Dr. Robert S. Rosenberg | Answers For Sleep
            Meow-Meow
            MonaKitty

Comment

Sleeptalking

I sleep talk and sleep walk, but only when I'm extremely stressed out. I'm convinced I eat in my sleep and once I lost a quarter of a tank of gas and suspected I may have driven in my sleep. I really hope I didn't, but the missing quarter tank says otherwise.

I haven't done this in a while that I know of.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Sleeptalking

My wife does it.....but she does it in a whisper and talks in German.......LOL

Sometimes it makes me giggle...sometimes Im waiting for her to spit up a bowl of soup and have her head spin 360 degrees...........:H
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Sleeptalking

Nelz;1522189 wrote: My wife does it.....but she does it in a whisper and talks in German.......LOL

Sometimes it makes me giggle...sometimes Im waiting for her to spit up a bowl of soup and have her head spin 360 degrees...........:H
                  :H:H:H
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Sleeptalking

Is yapping to yerself in public ok?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                    X