What do you collect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you collect

Hi all, I am planning one of my yard sales and as I was looking at my stuff. I realize I can't part with a lot of it Do you collect anything in particular? I collect any jewelry and clothing from the 30's-50's. Love that era. I was born in '61. Also for some strange reason I love salt cellars. Have so many Hubster says"WHY DO WE HAVE THESE?!!" So what about you?Hey Determinator maybe a large collection of garlic presses? Also a !st lady history geek. Gabby I know, Ben & Jerry Containers. (Te he)
    Smiles
    mary

What do you collect

Shoes. I am a total shoe whore. There are some I haven't worn in years and yet there they are. Taking up space.

And kitchen gadgets that "You can't live without" or that will "Simplify Your Cooking." I love to cook and I have such a crap load of tools that I dont really need.

But the shoes.....ah the shoes are my true weakness.
    Hawk

Comment

What do you collect

oh Hawk, the Imelda Marcos jokes are coming I'm sure....
      no Simey I'm surprisingly not a big fan of garlic presses, I'm a "garlic purist" or is that snob?
      I either smash them with a large knife/cleaver or mince them manually (tedious but no problem after practicing 67 billion times). But I DO collect pepper grinders/mills. and Kitchen knives. And Australian side-cast fishing reels, and flashlights.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

What do you collect

Shoes and boots for me, cant even count how many pairs I have, and also Betty Boop memorabilia (not a suprise eh) xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

What do you collect

I love this thread! I collect old tube radio's (I have some nice ones), as well as vintage linens and porcelin parrot statues (small ones); seashells, beach glass, antique furniture (I love the 30's-40's), deco lamps, antique compacts and cigarette/purse wristlets...

Comment

What do you collect

I collect anything with hummingbirds on them. Love them.

Comment

What do you collect

I'm the anti-collector!

Anything I haven't used in six months usually gets thrown into the yard sale or sent to Goodwill.

Would love to be a classic car collector. Anyone want to loan me a couple million $$?
              Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

What do you collect

Children
                I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

What do you collect

Mackeral...you crack me up! I collect pigs...I do not klike the tacky little ceramic ones and plastic...I collect antique/orginal looking ones. I also collect antiques. Any kind... My daughetr collects Precious Moments and my son Kiddie Kar Klassics....they are antique looking cars.

Comment

What do you collect

I am with Hawk; Kitchen gadgets. Love them. I am the best customer at a Tupperware or Pampered Chef party.
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

What do you collect

Tired,
                      you and I have that in common. I do antiques and pigs. And as you said not just any ole pigs. I love my children of course. They are my live piggies, and lots of other cool ones. My antique love is more primative style. I just like old stuff. Maybe doesnt have to be worth anything. I just like old.

I also like cookbooks - even tho I dont cook - wonder whats up with that? Maybe it just makes me look good sittin over there on my old shelf. I do like kitchen gadgets as well. Again I think its just an image thing.

I do have a shoe fettish too. Merrells are my fav.

Some people like collecting husbands.....this however is not an area of interest of mine. Those husband collectors can have my share.

And Simey....I dont collect Ben and Jerry's.....I eat em.
                      Gabby :flower:

Comment

What do you collect

I have a soft spot for any antique copper gadgets that are actually usable.
                        Have a 150 year old Bundt cake pan that works like a charm. Are you jealous yet Determinator???
                        I also like antiques. Have been known to dive the odd dumpster, because I spotted a helpless old mahagony leg sticking up. That's when my husband pretends not to know me and I am beaming from ear to ear, logging my find down the street. The stinker actually makes me carry it home by myself.
                        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

What do you collect

Good one Macks and Gabby very funny husband, collecting comment.

I collect Lighthouses. I really have a "water" thing.
                          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

What do you collect

Marbles....
                            Please send me all you can find!
                            My hubby says I've surely lost mine!
                            I like the really old ones . They cost $$$$$!

I like Merrells too Gabby.

And old fashion flowers that smell good.

Nancy
                            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

What do you collect

Any kind of footwear and bags to match...the spare room in my house is so full of my shoes and bags that its now known as the shoe room!!
                              I also hoard anything that might be even slightly sentimental...as a result i now have every card that has been sent to me since i was 9...from birthdays to new jobs to passing exams....the list goes on and on, i have them all and i could never bring myself to get rid of them...they document my life so clearly and they are so precious to me.
                              "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Working...
                              X