Army Thread, Friday 28th June 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InChains;1525286 wrote: sweetpea i wasn't offended, i know i should get help but this whole thing with fiance needing me, he was my help, now i just need to put that to one side and take care of him i guess

arsey: i should get the help, i have mixed feelings on whether i won't get help coz i don't have the balls, or whether i think it's too weak to not do it alone? i always admire other people who do though. weirdness.
    Inchy - it aint weak.

Look, I started seeing a counsellor in January for unresolved issues I hadn;t really spoken to anyone about in depth. Which in turns into looking at my self-esteem (very low for many years)... now, 6 months on, i feel currently more centered and more able to look at my present situation/s and towards my future with more hope, and i am getting a better grasp of ME - this is NOT being self-centred... it's so much better than that. I have a grasp of me. I am stronger now than i was in January. I can be and will be better with and towards others (family, colleagues, friends etc). Sure, I am still learning. Have me off days. Get down. Get mad. And cuss to kingdom come. BUT, my grasp of my life, my hold on reality has a clarity it NEVER had when i was drinking. I am stronger now, than i ever was then, even when i feel weak. Because i got to speak to someone about it objectively as they listened and made pointed and bright questions and observations...

So, what i am saying... is it doesn't show weakness AT ALL. If you can speak to someone, do it. We are all each other's tools. You, nor anyone, are gods that can do everything and be omniscient, omnibenevolent and omnipresent. So use us and use pro's who you can go to ...

Comment

mollyka;1525297 wrote: Am I the grown up?????:H:H:H:H
      You will have to be Molls - we have an injured soldier :l

Comment

mollyka;1525297 wrote: Am I the grown up?????:H:H:H:H
        Satz tried to be. Should have seen her. Never seen anything that funny in all me life :H:H

Comment

RunningCourage;1525303 wrote: Inchy - it aint weak.

Look, I started seeing a counsellor in January for unresolved issues I hadn;t really spoken to anyone about in depth. Which in turns into looking at my self-esteem (very low for many years)... now, 6 months on, i feel currently more centered and more able to look at my present situation/s and towards my future with more hope, and i am getting a better grasp of ME - this is NOT being self-centred... it's so much better than that. I have a grasp of me. I am stronger now than i was in January. I can be and will be better with and towards others (family, colleagues, friends etc). Sure, I am still learning. Have me off days. Get down. Get mad. And cuss to kingdom come. BUT, my grasp of my life, my hold on reality has a clarity it NEVER had when i was drinking. I am stronger now, than i ever was then, even when i feel weak. Because i got to speak to someone about it objectively as they listened and made pointed and bright questions and observations...

So, what i am saying... is it doesn't show weakness AT ALL. If you can speak to someone, do it. We are all each other's tools. You, nor anyone, are gods that can do everything and be omniscient, omnibenevolent and omnipresent. So use us and use pro's who you can go to ...
          This is so, so true Inchy... Listen to the wan who cant wash his own boxers..

If anything seeking out help and admitting we aren't superman/woman is a sign of strength:l

Comment

I found a quote today. Here it is:

things are not difficult to make; what is difficult is putting ourselves in the state of mind to make them. Constantin Brancusi

I think we can change the word "make" and "things" to what we want it to be.

Comment

RunningCourage;1525305 wrote: Satz tried to be. Should have seen her. Never seen anything that funny in all me life :H:H
              Shurrup you n'all !:bat:

('Cept when yer giving brilliant advice to Inchy )

Comment

can somebody give arsey a prize for that? now? xD

seriously thats was awesome haha
                I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

thanks molly, wise as always. starting to get a little bit... i can't keep typing reasonably haha. thanks guys for the help, and for telling me to get help. got some thinking to do.

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Inchy- Wise words from Molly n D'Arsey there. Please take care and keep in touch here ok?:l

Comment

thanks guys, can't explain how much it means to me having my family here. hope one day to make you proud. a 100 day thread with my name on it is out there - promise

Comment

Not far behind ya Mollers.

Wondering what in the heck I can take tonight for the neck that wont have be puking me ring up in the morn....

Nighters xx

Comment

InChains;1525336 wrote: thanks guys, can't explain how much it means to me having my family here. hope one day to make you proud. a 100 day thread with my name on it is out there - promise
                          Proud already :l Don't give up our kid xx

Comment

InChains;1525336 wrote: thanks guys, can't explain how much it means to me having my family here. hope one day to make you proud. a 100 day thread with my name on it is out there - promise
                            You don't know HOW proud we are of you Inchy :l

Comment

thanks guys, army family are awesome

Comment

InChains;1525343 wrote: thanks guys, army family are awesome
                                Aye we brats aint bad You're gonna do grand. You'll have your very own 100 day thread before long. :l

Comment

Working...
                                X