Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Saturday 29th June

Blimey! Busy thread today!

That's great news about joey's possible apprenticeship molly. Hope things go ok for him at the opticians (the opticians are open on Sundays?!!). Brilliant news about the shop too, if it happens. It sounds very exciting...

Did you get yer tv volume sorted out satzy? Congratulations on your forthcoming anniversary. Keeping a marriage going for 36 years is a fantastic achievement. Well done for remaining AF for so long too. :goodjob:

Hi sweetie, zennifer and arsey :hallo: Hope you're feeling better than yesterday morning piddlepants?

Comment

mollyka;1525720 wrote: Had THE best lunch and absolutely stuffered now --- gonna throw the feet up with a cuppa and chill for a few hours, may even insert a teensy weensy snooze in there It IS great to have you back Reccie:l
      Awwh...thanks molls :l Gonna see if I can find somefink to eat myself.

Comment

Housework - tick
        Shower - tick
        Hair washed & dried - tick
        Face exfoliated - tick
        Various creams applied - tick
        Boiled eggs kewked and consumed - tick

Feckin maintenance everywhere, of one's body and one's habitat. And nowt else for it... can't put it off any longer... time for the feckin Co-op. (

You know what... it must have been exhausting just being alive 100 years ago. You had to work hard just to survive, especially in rural areas. Can you imagine if they'd been given a supermarket to get their grub from? It would have been heaven to them. Shouldn't complain really...

Comment

Roight - done some reading this morning. Funny how I do reading then think it's not work, even if it is "for me" work. Been out and done the shoppy. Feet up until dinner looking for Wombles on WImbledon and then orf out to a pub quiz fundraiser.

Today is first Sat off since Easter... have to stop them guilt trips coming in. Cos i'm sitting on me arse. Have to tell meself: IT'S OK TO DO NUFFINK, BOYO. IT IS OK!

Now that's me told. Back to chillaxin

Comment

I have no such guilt. Had a lovely nanna nap, and now getting ready to go to dinner - friends have invited us to a Thai restaurant.

See you laters, folksies.
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Evening all,

Well today didn't go according to plan. Ma in Law is a bit poorly so Pa in Law came over here.

Dear Sir Fitzwilliam Farquaharson D'arsey,
              If I may be so bold, doing nowt is good for you.
              As recovering alkies we tend to overdo everything.
              First time I sat down and watched a fillum (In Bruges) without shifting off the settee I amazed myself. It was gooooooooooooooooooood.

Your favourite minion.

JC.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1525778 wrote: Evening all,

Well today didn't go according to plan. Ma in Law is a bit poorly so Pa in Law came over here.

Dear Sir Fitzwilliam Farquaharson D'arsey,
                If I may be so bold, doing nowt is good for you.
                As recovering alkies we tend to overdo everything.
                First time I sat down and watched a fillum (In Bruges) without shifting off the settee I amazed myself. It was gooooooooooooooooooood.

Your favourite minion.

JC.

:H:H

Still doing near-to-nout Gonna eat, then go and gleam my oracle for the pub quiz

Hope ma-in-law is OK? Just needing a bit of rest up?

Comment

Just :h the Minions. Just got lost in the world of You-tube with them.

Haven't been to a pub quiz in ages. Stopped going to our local one because of the over usage of phones. Not ours I should add, nearest we got to cheating was using the calculator key ring I used to have.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oooop so busy adoring the Minions that I forgot about Ma in Law. She's got a bit of dickie ticker and gets overtired now and again and she wanted to watch the tennis.

EDIT; Visitors.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

It's just the son and heir and his GF.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I know, but they're family. Don't have to rush round with the air freshener, get saucers out and hide the spittoon.

We are actually going for a wander up to friggintesco.

Bacinabit.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1525787 wrote: Is your wan back from the man's shoe shop yet --- like WHY is she buying men's shoes - she's a size 5 - presumably she canna buy for MrS cos she'd need his feet with her..... this is causing me rumbles of anxiety
                          Something to do with a 36th wedding anniversary present I believe, molls.

mollyka;1525793 wrote: Now I've just given up - it's officially 'evening' so I don't have to feel like I have to do summat
                          Gawd, that sentence is just asking to be followed by...."so now I can let myself have a drink". I know it wouldn't happen with you molly, but I'm afraid that's the way my tiny alcoholic brain would work.

JackieClaire;1525794 wrote:
                          I know, but they're family. Don't have to rush round with the air freshener, get saucers out and hide the spittoon.
                          :H:H:H @ hiding the spittoon!!

Hope your ma in law will be ok, Jackie.

Comment

Home !
                            What's happening?

Comment

Did MWO throw a wobbly for a while there?

mollyka;1525804 wrote: I used to listen to the long-termers in AA saying how 'it isn't about the drink' --- and I just thought they were talkin shite - but I'm realising now, it really isn't - it's really about 're-discovering' or in my case JUST 'discovering' how to deal with life myself - unaided - cos most of us have been drinking all our lives - albeit not always in a problematic fashion --- but it was ALWAYS there as a crutch or as a means to by-pass a problem - now 'stuff' needs to be dealt with head-on - and it often isn't that we find it difficult to deal with things without drink - it's just that we have never learnt how to deal with them AT ALL --- it's quite fascinating really 'discovering' myself in my 50's ----- really weird!!!
                              I think I may understand what your AA long-termers meant when they said it's not about the drink. The drink is a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself which is, as you so rightly say, learning/discovering how to deal with life itself. I've come to realise that a wholesale change of lifestyle is going to be required to get myself off the drink and really, I think that fits in quite well with the idea of learning how to deal with life.

mollyka;1525804 wrote:
                              How are you doing these days?
                              Mmm...I'm guessing that's code for "how much are you drinking these days?" :H I'm not drinking much...a couple of beers last night, for example. I'm hoping to keep things pretty much as they are until I'm in a position to make those lifestyle changes I referred to.

Comment

satz123;1525818 wrote: Home !
                                What's happening?
                                Evening satzy Any luck with the shoes?

Comment

Working...
                                X