Army Thread Saturday 29th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recluse;1525822 wrote: Did MWO throw a wobbly for a while there?

I think I may understand what your AA long-termers meant when they said it's not about the drink. The drink is a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself which is, as you so rightly say, learning/discovering how to deal with life itself. I've come to realise that a wholesale change of lifestyle is going to be required to get myself off the drink and really, I think that fits in quite well with the idea of learning how to deal with life.

Mmm...I'm guessing that's code for "how much are you drinking these days?" :H I'm not drinking much...a couple of beers last night, for example. I'm hoping to keep things pretty much as they are until I'm in a position to make those lifestyle changes I referred to.
    Yup. That's it. It's taken me to ... perhaps even just this past week to begin to actually REALISE this, even if I've kinda, sorta known it. Still working on it.

:goodjob:

Comment

Recluse;1525823 wrote: Evening satzy Any luck with the shoes?
      Yes Reccie. Got a pair of shoes and a nice sleevless quilted jacket in M&S
      Mr S doesn't believe in designer clothes.

Molls what's the problem ?- he's a size 9 - has been since I've known him !
      Easy Peasy

Comment

Rant Time

Went for lovely grub in The Hole in the Wall in the Park.. Just a pub - just the two of us :egad:
        Romantic ? :no:
        Sport all the way there in the car -
        we were there 15 minutes he ACTUALLY got up from the table - food half-eaten - went over to a telly to see who won a race while I sat there eating.
        His brother rang & he had a full scale conversation about horses while I sat there.
        Now prob if I had a glass of wine I wouldn't have cared in the past....
        I drove him home & dumped him in the local GAA club - to - yes - watch the end of some other game. JAZUS - never again.
        He can FUCK OFF !

Comment

RunningCourage;1525829 wrote: Yup. That's it. It's taken me to ... perhaps even just this past week to begin to actually REALISE this, even if I've kinda, sorta known it. Still working on it.
          Evening arsey Yep, I find ideas sometimes have to lie dormant in my head for a little while before I really, truly absorb them. Maybe that's another way of saying I'm a bit slow on the uptake.

satz123;1525830 wrote:
          Yes Reccie. Got a pair of shoes and a nice sleevless quilted jacket in M&S
          Result! Well done!

Have to disappear off to Sainsbury's now. Fridge is empty. Bye.

Comment

I hate to say this but time for a big auld talk.

Sport doesn't bother me in the least, in fact I quite enjoy it, apart from women's tennis. But to have a natter on half way through a meal with someone else (doesn't matter that it's his brother) would tick me off to the highest degree.

And you bought him new shoes. Has the man no gratitude.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1525838 wrote: I hate to say this but time for a big auld talk.

Sport doesn't bother me in the least, in fact I quite enjoy it, apart from women's tennis. But to have a natter on half way through a meal with someone else (doesn't matter that it's his brother) would tick me off to the highest degree.

And you bought him new shoes. Has the man no gratitude.
              No effin manners JC - that's it - selfish - but ye know if my company does not appeal - hey - that's ok !
              See I am not joining in the whole meal + lotsa drinks - out all night any more so he's bored.
              I'll cope with that - but it's difficult - it was his feckin' idea.

But ........... he did get me a Tommy Hilfiger (?) rose goldy coloured watch & flowers

Comment

mollyka;1525835 wrote: Yeah, but there's big size 9's and little size 9's - ah sure - whatever works:H
                Joe's just come in and having a wee panic attack - so may do the little wifey bit .... back in a short while --- he goes to bed by half 9
                They are casual deck shoes Molls - M&S, Dunnes will be around same size mostly.

Comment

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack...

Lovely dinner. Combo platter to start with - chicken satay, prawn and duck spring rolls, sweetcorn fritters and little samoosa-like thingies. Duck with cashews and roasted chillies for mains, choc brownies with pear and ice cream for afters. ***burp***

Howyis?
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Mrs. T buys all my clothes. Works for me. HATE shopping for that stuff.
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

satz123;1525842 wrote: No effin manners JC - that's it - selfish - but ye know if my company does not appeal - hey - that's ok !
                      See I am not joining in the whole meal + lotsa drinks - out all night any more so he's bored.
                      I'll cope with that - but it's difficult - it was his feckin' idea.

Mmmmmmmmmmm who has the problem here. Do you think he might be willing to take a few weeks off from drinking, if nothing else it would do his liver and other vital bits and pieces the world of good.

satz123;1525842 wrote:

But ........... he did get me a Tommy Hilfiger (?) rose goldy coloured watch & flowers
                      Ooh can I have a lend of the watch.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1525845 wrote: I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack...

Lovely dinner. Combo platter to start with - chicken satay, prawn and duck spring rolls, sweetcorn fritters and little samoosa-like thingies. Duck with cashews and roasted chillies for mains, choc brownies with pear and ice cream for afters. ***burp***

Howyis?
                        That sounds delish.
                        You're stopping up very late these days. It's rather noice.

Just stuck some prawns in the oven.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1525854 wrote: crikey - you're a woman with a mission tonight --- does MrS know Jackieclaire is on his case Benjy:H:H
                          Shurrup you.:H

It brought back a memory of Mr JC going off to have few goes on the one-armed bandit. We hadn't been courting that long and I was sat whistling at the ceiling for nigh on 2 hours clutching a warm lager and lime until he came back.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

If it hadn't been for the nanna nap, I would have been in dreamland already.

Both the prawns and the banana loaf sound yummy. Wouldn't think I've just had an enormous and delicious meal. The duck was phenomenal.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I must away, prawns are done.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Roight back from the quiz. tbh... not in a pub - at work - but there is a bar at my work. So pretty much same thing. Came 2nd. Again. Most annoying person was the sober duty manager on our team. She's a teacher in a secondary school. If she were the only teacher i ever met, I;d NEVER consider teaching. Pugnacious bossy mooo.

Molls - yer baking sounds delish. WANT SOME!! :H

Satz - gotta say i agree with Jacs. I knows i is not that experienced in the relationship dept (top floor, near the home dept) and youse are a few years wiser than me... but it dis sound affa rude. Get yer cane out and tell him who's boss, arright Doc?

Hey Tipps :hallo:

Comment

Working...
                                X