confused about posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confused about posting

I have been on other forums like this before but I'm confused about how to follow posts. So I've posted a few things and have seen responses but now when I look at new posts I can only see 2 pages of them. In other words conversations that I was following have seemed to disappear and when I got to User CP I'm not subscribed to any posts.

Don't know if this makes any sense..hoping someone can walk me through it so I can keep following along with discussions I'm interested in. :new:

confused about posting

Hey Sake - OK, so start with just following one thread: newbies nest in Just Starting Out would be a good one.

When you see that thread - there shoulf be written along side it the page numbers: "1,2,3...last page". Now, click on last page and that will take you to the most recent posts.

If that's not happening check your CP settings as you can change how you view it - in other words, you can view a thread so when you click '1' that will show the most recent posts (instead of 'last page' which will then show the first/oldest post)

At the bottom of page, when you are reading a thread, will show you how many pages there are. Some have the one, others like the newbies nest have hundreds, if not thousands!

RC
    Does that make sense?

Comment

confused about posting

Sake123

I think I know what you mean - thread subscriptions? I think the forums are running on rather an old version of vBulletin as they don't behave quite as I'd expect either. try 'Quick Links'->'Today's Posts' instead of 'New Posts'

SD

Comment

confused about posting

Hi Sake123

When you are on a thread that you want to follow click on "Thread Tools" located on the blue bar right below "Post Reply".

Then click "Subscribe to this Thread". Then "add it" when the subscription screen pops up.

You can then use "Quick Links" to get to your "Subscribed Threads"...

Hope this helps....PPQP

Comment

Working...
        X