Sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes

I just really wish I had the moderation gene. Went into a liquor store yesterday for some ice, and I got that Pavlov's dog drool going!

Maybe next time Ill get gas station ice
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Sometimes

I understand

Oh I get it Nelz! Me too. BUT the moderation gene passed us by. C'est la vie

Comment

Sometimes

I know what you mean. But we only get one brain, and it knows where we've been. It is what it is....try to move on, nothing to see here!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Sometimes

Sometimes I wish I could moderate my drinking but I know what will end up happening, I will fail and then to not feel as bad I would make it work to where my plan was to get wasted x amount of times so and so and then before I knew it I would be drinking just as bad or even worse then before.

I love my af life too much to even try moderation especially with the way my last attempt went.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Sometimes

It never goes away but the more we walk away from those situations the stronger we become. Yep, the gas station ice!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sometimes

Other genes I would like to have even more than the Moderation Gene:

The one that lets you eat wheat.
            The one that gives you tons of energy.
            The one that makes you nice all of the time.
            The one that makes you adventurous.
            The one that gives you a skinny butt.

I'm just teasing, Nelz :H.

My point is, there probably are a lot of things about ourselves that we sort of wish were different but we don't think about them all that much. Or feel terrible about them. So, yeah, the moderation gene would be nice but so would lots of things. And even more things are FABULOUS just as they are .

Comment

Sometimes

Apparently you have the strength to walk away from that temptation gene. Job well done.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Sometimes

You know the worst thing about moderating or backsliding for me is i feel so incredibly cut off from all of you...and i already have no friends left and my phone no longer rings sooo...and let's face it, the dog is good for only so much...

:h
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Sometimes

Oh Kradle that was funny!

Comment

Sometimes

Ann Carolina;1527027 wrote: Oh Kradle that was funny!
                    :h
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Sometimes

Ah Nelzie......let me tell you buddy that it SO aint worth worrying about. The mod gene passed me by and gave me a kick in the guts for my efforts when I tried to engage it.

LIFE COMPLETELY AL FREE IS THE BOMB.....

Don't for a second think otherwise - you're not missing a thing. In fact, if you were 'moderating' you most certainly would be....

You know it and you're living it my friend!!
                      It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                      Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
                      X