Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread MOnday 1st July

Morning!

JackieClaire;1526679 wrote: Googling the constant pain over my right eye..............yes I've taken the teaspoon out of my cup.

In general sweet f*** all.
    Bit slow on the uptake today Jackie...took me a couple of minutes to understand the teaspoon thing! Do you have room for one more in the doing sweet FA department?

some-dumbass;1526682 wrote:
    ...but I definitely have a tipping point - aka "the pint of no return"
    Welcome SD...I lke that phrase

Comment

Morning Reckstar.

Always room for one more, me lovely.

Forget His Master's Voice was off this week.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1526690 wrote: Mornin recs! Just decided to make a big beef stew - very errmm - seasonal! Following his Lord and Masters idea of clearing out the freezer!!
        Morning molly Beef stew's good at any time of the year, I reckon. On the subject of freezers, I've decided to follow up my mum's suggestion and buy one, having been without one for many years. It'll have to go in the garage cos the kitchen isn't big enough. Actually, the garage isn't big enough either....need to do some more tidying up and throwing out first. Guess I won't be joining Jackie in the doing sweet FA department after all. :upset:

:hallo: Jackie

Comment

Day off today so playing in the garden as usual.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Finished the cross word quicker than I thought so I'll have to find something other than SFA to do.

Oooh a freezer, that means lots of lovely little freezer boxes and labels.

Day off, KT. Noice.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I not that organised at all but they're a must buy with a new freezer. Lasts..........mmmmmmmmmmm all of a week.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ooops meant to say, know absolutely nuffing about cuttings.

And no it's not mean to take exceedingly nice food to work.

When I'm hungry a pot-noodle smells delish.:yuk:
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm orff to do a bit of house wifey stuff. See ya in abit.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1526699 wrote: I not that organised at all but they're a must buy with a new freezer. Lasts..........mmmmmmmmmmm all of a week.
                    Oh...I have lots of freezer boxes and labels...but no freezer. The boxes and labels are great for keeping one's rucksack organised!

Sorry molls, I'm sod all use with cuttings (you prolly guessed that already)...you may have to wait for tabs to return from the garden.

Comment

Recluse;1526707 wrote: Oh...I have lots of freezer boxes and labels...but no freezer. They boxes and labels are great for keeping one's rucksack organised!

Sorry molls, I'm sod all use with cuttings (you prolly guessed that already)...you may have to wait for tabs to return from the garden.
                      I'd like to invite you to the next time we go up to the caravan. You can organise us.

My little bro has got a lovely wee camping spot cleared in the woods so you could bring your tent.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ahh that's just shite.
                        Mebbes Reccy can come up with an idea.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1526694 wrote: the very man achully!!! If you haven't gone off doing your Alan Titchmarsh impression yet --- trying to take cuttings of an escallonia hedge for Simon -- it says in the books to do them 'late' summer --- I'm trying it now, don't understand why it should be late summer --- surely the cuttings would be softer and better right now? Any ideas?
                          Softwood cuttings will root easier but arent nearly as hardy as hardwood cuttings and wilt and die easier if not kept warm and humid. So take your choice, take lots of softwood and you may lose a good few or wait and take hardwood, while they will take longer to root and grow will probably mostly survive. Oh and take cuttings in the morning as the plant has more moisture in it.

Comment

mollyka;1526711 wrote: :Hthat could take a week!!!!!

Just had a phonecall from Joe -- we may be falling at the first hurdle re. buying out the shop. Apparently the bank's aren't lending money -- to anyone --- at all ----- the amount we need is relatively tiny considering the value of the shop ..... THESE BASTARDS HAVE BANKRUPTED OUR COUNTRY --- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
                            Now gonna have a HUGE cup of very strong coffee and about 25 million cigarettes --- :damn:
                            Credit Review Office - Home

Comment

mollyka;1526711 wrote: :Hthat could take a week!!!!!

Just had a phonecall from Joe -- we may be falling at the first hurdle re. buying out the shop. Apparently the bank's aren't lending money -- to anyone --- at all ----- the amount we need is relatively tiny considering the value of the shop ..... THESE BASTARDS HAVE BANKRUPTED OUR COUNTRY --- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
                              Now gonna have a HUGE cup of very strong coffee and about 25 million cigarettes --- :damn:
                              That's shite molly. Don't be discouraged though, the banks are never going to make it easy to borrow unless you don't actually need the money in the first place. However, you could consider social lending networks, otherwise known as peer to peer lending, if you really can't borrow from the banks.

Peer to peer lending could offer substantial returns and provide lifeline to SMEs - The Irish Times - Tue, Jun 25, 2013

Comment

JackieClaire;1526710 wrote: I'd like to invite you to the next time we go up to the caravan. You can organise us.

My little bro has got a lovely wee camping spot cleared in the woods so you could bring your tent.
                                Umm...very kind offer, but I'm currently tentless Jackie. I took my old one to the tip after getting back from Wales. The one night it rained everything got soaked! :upset: The seams were leaking cos of the tent's age.

Comment

Working...
                                X