Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidng minatures.

Hi my friends,

Hope you are all well. I'm off on an adventure residential this week for 4 nights with the school children and I am ashamed to say I've hidden lots of minature vodkas in my suitcase to have when I'm in bed. The head has given us a few bottles of wine between us so we can have one glass each, each night when the children are in bed but that wasn't enough! I'm appalled by myself as a mother and practitioner. I'm employed as a responsible person. Parents are trusting me with their children's care and I'm downing vodka! Good Job there are 6 more teachers there. Although it's not enough to get me drunk, it is still really irresponsible.

How low can a person stoop exactly? They cost me 26 pounds and my finances are in severe trouble to the point i may have to sell my house but I have spent 100 pounds on booze in 3 days. Just how low can 1 person sink? still, I know i won't take them out of my case.

The activities are heavy duty, how am I going to do them all on a fuzzy head?

Nothing is ever going to get me out of this awful drink hell hole. I am not looking for sympathy, I just feel by writing it down and telling someone I am then accountable for my actions. like I have to take some action and responsibility for it all.

My friend here, PM your number. I NEED someone to talk to on an evening to keep me clean as possible.

Bless you all xx
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Hidng minatures.

Girly,

Nothing is ever going to get me out of this awful drink hell hole.
    There is only one thing that will ever get you out of the hell hole. That is deciding you absolutely cannot and will not drink and then not drinking.

There truly is no "easy" way out if you continue to drink.

I wish there was.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hidng minatures.

Girly,
      It's July 1st today...and Monday to boot... Its The unofficial start of Summer IMO...hot...shiny...slow and relaxing. Let's make this day one. I need someone for my day one too.

Please join me in the Day One Summer camp over here! :l :new:
      I watched that Documenatry Somethings Wrong With Aunt Diane...if you get a chance to see this.. Please do....
      Don't know what else to say at the moment. Just woke up but want to be here with you. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! Especially with all those kids! :H

Day One Soul Sista!! We can do 24 hours standing on our heads...:l

:h
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hidng minatures.

Well I have to say my advice would be if you can't go without taking alcohol then find a way not to go. It is one thing to harm ourselves. In this case it sounds like you are in charge of other people's children on this trip. That is simply scary. You could also be putting your job in danger by drinking in excess on the trip.

As Kradle mentioned, please try to watch "There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane".

I know you don't want to hurt anyone but when you are drinking and in charge of children that is a recipe for disaster. And even if you say it is not enough to get you drunk there is still going to be a significant amount of alcohol in your system while you are responsible for other people's children. Again, don't go if you can't do it AL free.
        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Hidng minatures.

i might be too late, but did you realise this is a huge chance at a head start to tapering down for a complete full stop when you return. If you can manage one moment of wilpower and NOT take them, the other teachers will be your suport in only drinking a glass of wine, tell them you feel sub par, tell them you expect some sweats and headach but you didnt want to let the kids down.they need never know why you are unwell, if it even comes to that. when you return you have been supported through and kept busy on the worst days of recovery... sounds fab to me.

I wont say good luck, as luck has nothing to do with it. stick up for YOU!.

love aspy.
          AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Hidng minatures.

Thank you for the reply folks. I didn't see them until I got home. I took 4 of the miniatures away and had one, each night. I therefore wasn't drunk and sailed through the week. I am at a music festival this afternoon so that's today out of the window. Sundays are the worst as I begin drinking with lunch at 12 pm then carry on until bedtime. Not this Sunday. I am going to start breaking my 'drinking rules'. I am going to look for something to occupy myself tomorrow rather than alcohol.
            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

Hidng minatures.

Any thoughts on setting a limit for today as well GW, as you did manage to sail through the week?
              AF since 15/11/2012

Comment

Hidng minatures.

sian;1528942 wrote: Any thoughts on setting a limit for today as well GW, as you did manage to sail through the week?
                Maybe try and halve the consumption!!

Comment

Hidng minatures.

mini drink bottles

i'm sure the leprechauns left them for the world

they mess yer head up :l

Comment

Hidng minatures.

scottishman;1529139 wrote: mini drink bottles

:H:H leprechauns indeed! That's the first time ever I have had one!

Comment

Hidng minatures.

scottishman;1529139 wrote: mini drink bottles

How did you do the picture / Avatar thing things Mr. Scott?

:l
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Hidng minatures.

i'm not sure what you mean, my picture? just me in black and white in the hills

Comment

Working...
                        X