One Step at a Time - July 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I survived the long, hot day working at Mom's yesterday..
    Sun- I am thrilled to see you here and so excited about your grandbaby!!!
    K9 - I am sorry....poor puppy...I wondered what you did when you posted your pic on FB. Call if you want to talk. Your pup has been failing for a while now.... :-(
    I am doing NOTHING today.....except maybe go grocery shopping
    (I have to work tomorrow)
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good Morning my friends,

It is a cloudy and gloomy day here in the south, and now it appears to be raining. :upset: Can a girl not get a little sunshine?

K-9 so sorry to hear of your troubles, and the pup situation. It is so hard to make the decision to put down a loved pet. My heart goes out to you:h I lost 2 mini daschunds (smokey and sam) to dog fights, it took a long time to get over so I can not imagine your pain. I agree love her/him til its time and then remember the good times.

Glass, FT, Pauly, Nicelife, Sunshine hello friends.

Juja - how are you?

Tess -2 - praying for your mom and SIL. Stay strong, I am so happy that you are there for your mom sober. I lost mine at 16, so even though these are stressful times, enjoy. I know she feels much better with you just being there.

Praying for a safe and sober Friday for you all,
      JDG
      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

hey guys,quick pop in before we leave,hope everyones 4th was good i got totally smoked out by fireworks and the noise shoot i was so ready for bed,what a nerd oh well,daughter and her man were gonna go to his family house to get"wasted"great now i gotta ride for 4 hrs with stinky,crappy,hungover creeps! wish me luck haha,anyways have a good weekend peeps,btw,sorry about your doggy k9,very sad luv ya guys
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

happy travels Pauly....NOT!!!
          out to do some yardwork while the sun is shining

Comment

Hi gang,
            Sorry to hear K9, always so sad when we have to do that.
            Heading home Saturday, freelancing job completed and customer very happy.
            Every one be safe.
            FT
            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Hey K9, take care this weekend okay. It's no easy decision to lay a member of the family down.

Pauly, you have such a funny way of describing the everyday stuff that drives us all nuts. Hope it all goes well.

I hope everyone has a weekend that matters!
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Thinking of you and your little friend K9

I hate to brag, but I have to say we're having some spectacular weather here today. Almost the middle of winter and it's gloriously sunny with clear blue skies.

So, for those who have been following my recent journey, I'm now on Cymbalta. I've done a bit of a search through MWO and it seems some have had problems with it. I'd really appreciate it if you could share your experience if anyone here has used it.

Happy Weekend everyone!
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Morning, all, and yep, it's one of those.:upset: I hate myself, etc. Move on.

K-9, I'm sorry to hear about your pup. I had to have one of our cats put down last Sunday, so I know how you feel. My heart goes out to you.

We're going to a picnic this evening. No AL allowed, and I'm very glad. Prepared my dishes last night, and drank beer. I don't even like beer!

YS took Mom to the hospital last night, but she's okay. When she gets upset, her occasionally seizes up. No UTI, so that's all anyone can figure out. My father pushed her to go to a 4th party at the home, which she didn't want to do. I haven't been able to get across to him that her no means no.

Haven't been on here much due to stress and failure, but I love you all, and think about you throughout the day.
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

we are here for you Juja....we have all fallen down so many times....
                    I heard a new one
                    put on your big girl panties and your bitch bra and make it happen!!
                    I am worrying about you K9
                    safe travels FT
                    Glass, I know nothing about Cymbalta, but I have heard good things

Comment

Hi all,

Glass Cymbalta made me see weird things, almost pass out, so I quit taking it.

Not a lot of time off to cookout with SIL. No drinking for me, or my hubs. WooHoo!

Love to all,
                      JDG

Comment

Cymbalta worked weird on me, dizzy spells (more than usual) weird moods, and I was on it for 6 months last year and it was not for me.
                        FT
                        AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                        As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Kiddos have been picked up & on the way home.

Wonderful having them here. I told their Dad, we'll have them again for a week but not right now. :H:H He laughed so hard.

I'm going to read back & try to catch up.

I'm hanging in there. Not doing so well, actually. I've taught myself a lot about hiding it. So, I seriously am ready to move on. Got a lot of garbage to talk about.

Love you all so much. :h:h:h
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

well im back happy to say i survived the weekend! i had told my mom to get her drinking out of the way on the 4th so we could just have a nice weekend together,she was cool when we got there but then she started getting edgy(you know the feeling) i told her just because i wasnt drinking didnt mean she couldnt,man she flew into that fridge so fast i swear i saw flames shooting off her! anyways her "i just need one to feel better"turned into a twelve pack and she still wanted more of course,it actually made it easier not to drink cuz now i know where i get it from yikes! my youngest brother was up all nite drinking then stayed up all day drinking so it was a wasted visit with him,at least i had a good visit with dad and other brothers all in all a good trip
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello all.......

Pauly - great for you.:goodjob:

JDG - Great for you. :goodjob:

I've been having a lazy day today. Back to the grind tomorrow. Yuck. :H:H I talked to my brother for a very long time today. He's the one that is taking care of my Mom. He finally admitted that he is still bitter at my husband. Very long story from a year or two ago. I basically told him......Get over it. I told him that is what I have told my hubby. That I have no patience for either of them. This is life and you can hold a grudge or you can live a happy life. Anyway, I don't know if I got thru to him. But, I told him that I had given my hubby a much more 'Verbal' talk. :H And that we are family. That is my husband. He is my brother. I love them both. Get over it. So, we will see where this goes. I told him that I have worked very hard to get where I am in life........to let anger go.....not hold onto it. Oh well.....
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Evening all,

Hello Pauly, FT,Nora.

Been a good day great church services. Then lazy day.

Juja - Allankay was asking about you in the newbies nest. I told him that you still posted here. Hope that was ok?

Have a great evening everyone, off in am to put in more applications.
                                JDG

Comment

Working...
                                X