One Step at a Time - July 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang in there Pauly, I think everyone on this site feels your pain. For me I can only think about what kind of morning I want to wake up to on 7/8. I just don't want that horrible feeling of loathing and taking so many steps back anymore. Family events are the toughest when everyone drinks.

Hey Nurdl!
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

agreed allswell,the last time i drank i swore sobebody needed to call 911 i dont want to feel like that again,especially in front of family! hey nurdl,its funny on sunday my daughter was talking about a pink convertible she saw for sale,your avatar immedietly popped into my head,ive wondered where you had gone,glad youre back
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

HI Nurdl!!
        How are you?
        I am glad to be home...exhausted
        We help my parents with a huge 4th of July party every year...we set up, serve and bartend. I always manage to make it through, as my parents have no idea of my issues.
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Well rats! Came home & posted and see that it didn't go thru.

Nurdl - welcome back!! So happy to see you. :h

Funny - how much the nosie level goes up when you have 2 (13 year olds) and 1 (10 year old) in the house! Plus my 26 year old that they adore. :H:H

Well - off again. Let's see if this post disappears.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thank you Nora! Missed you loads. Yes noise levels do go up with teens in the house and it becomes desperately quiet when they leave. Enjoy the chaos!
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Hi everyone! :new:

Nora were practically twins what al your kids in the house now!

Mama you are such a worrier but I love that. My mom always worried about us and I really miss that. :l

Pauly I hope today was a really good one. Here's an idea for the fourth- bring your iPad...if you have one...so y can sit in the corner and post or read here...I did this last year and it was great.:l

Allswell I think I might try learning golf this summer. We have some free vacation at. Resort in Oregon and Golf seems to be a big thing there. I think me kids would love it.

Nurdl I know what you mean about being away from here. So glad to be back!

I feel stupid Nora as I had no idea this was a monthly thread..But that makes complete sense and actually makes it all the easier to keep track of ourselves. Smart woman!!! :hallo:

Don't have any plans really for the fourth. Trying not to be too depressed about it actually. All my friends are now gone and my nuclear family is gone too...

I bought some fun water toys so I guess we will play in Puget Sound and just be...in- de- pen- dant....

Hugs and heart,
              :l:h
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

playing in Pugent Sound sounds lovely
                I am up....shower then work....tomorrow....repeat
                I have known Nora so long that I know when she disappears it's not good. But I forgot about the kiddos visiting.
                so sad about the firefighters in Arizona
                FT....so glad you survived the cuts at work and I am sorry for your friends.
                So.....everyone at work was fussy, so I sent a silly email with a picture of the new Superman attached.
                Fully clothed, no skin, etc... and my hand was slapped that it could be considered sexual harassment. WHAT???? Corporate America has gone overboard. I was just trying to get my team to laugh. Needless to say there will be no more emails from me.
                I am off to the shower

Comment

Good Morning my friends,

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Well my hubs and I have decided after much prayer and consideration to voluntary surrender my RN liscense for a year, and for me to go to work in the mean time. This is so sad because I worked so hard to get them, but I also worked hard to lose them also thanks to AL.

I do feel pretty relieved considering all the rules I would have to follow.

Still AF 7 days done looking forward to 14, 30 etc.

Please pray for a job to come my way, soon. I haven't worked in over a year so you can imagine the financial strain.

Sorry to ramble, but thanks for listening. Will be around a lot today my support team is going out of town.

Love to all,
                  JDG
                  Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

wait JDG...surrender your RN license?? Refresh my memory.....I can tell you are hurting and I am here...did you get caught drinking on the job??
                    I am SO glad your hubs is there to support you....at least I hope he is supporting you
                    hugs sweetie

Comment

Hi Mama,

No did not get caught drinking on the job. I almost had my liscense back with strict requirements and I got a DUI. So the process is going to take a year if I pursue it now or I can wait, voluntary surrender, and it will be easier to get them back this is just temporary.

I really think it is the best option for me right now.
                      JDG
                      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

JDG - did they find out about the drinking because of you trying to get help for it? It just doesn't seem right that you are having to go thru all of this if it didn't affect your job.
                        But, with that being said, I do agree with you that it would be less stressful to just wait for a year. :l

K9 - where are you? I haven't seen you on Facebook either. I hope you're doing better. :l

Mama - sorry about the slap on the wrist. We've been having so much drama here at work. People sue at the drop of a hat now. I don't think it's right that so many frivolous law suits can be brought against companies. Anyway - I'm sorry that you couldn't just send out a funny e-mail without a problem.

Kradle - great to see you here. :welcome: The difference between you & me is that my houseful is going back home on Saturday. :H I actually called my niece last night and asked her if she was on her period. She said no - why? Because her daughter was acting VERY PMS'y. Crying at the drop of a hat, taking everything wrong. Whew - long evening.

Pauly, Nurdl, Allswell, Glass, FT and everyone else. Happy Wednesday!!!
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks mama, yea I survived and all that means is now with less manpower we remaining have to do more... Oh well it pays the bills right now and if I get these contract jobs occasionally during my days off it will help.
                          Home again Saturday and then Miami on Tuesday.
                          Hope you all have a safe 4th tomorrow that are celebrating, I will toast with my glass of water.
                          FT
                          AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                          As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

about to head out....will check in later
                            hugs JDG and Nora.....crying teenagers..ugh!!
                            Where are you K9?

Comment

home early! YAY
                              out the door at 6:30 in the morning to go to Mom's

Comment

yeah where is k9?so shit,this morning im gettting ready to leave for work and i notice the handle on my car door is busted,open it up the whole dash is torn apart! some asshole tried to steal my car! luckily it has an anti-theft device but how much is that gonna be,cripes i HATE thieves,uggggh,jeez frequent traveler you are a frequent traveler haha,safe travels to you,jdg sorry about the license but take the time to re-group,focus ya know?hugs to everybody else hope your day is better than mine
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X