One Step at a Time - July 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home from another wild day. I made an offer to someone and they accepted! Now I have to just get through the next two weeks
    Hope everyone has a peaceful sober night
    I did not have time to text K9, but I will try in a bit
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

just texted K9
      Juja - I am glad this AB seems better for you
      hugs to all of you
      Shelby, JDG, Juja
      the whole gang
      off to eat a steak...sorry Nora :-)

Comment

wtf! a drinking preoccupation is going on in my mind,i dont know if my brain is just worn out from resisting all weekend,more than likely its p.m.s,ugh this is how it was on my last "slip" the thought kept growing day by day,how do i get past this?its like my brain is on autopilot,kinda numbed out its so weird,im not hungry,angry,lonely,maybe tired,im sick of this bullshit,i cant keep ending up in that ugly place! im just gonna get my blanket and watch the food network hope tomorrows better,i hope everybody is doing good today,mama im jealous of your steak! take care peeps
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Pauly,

I'm not the best on advice but can you get a really good healthy meal and plenty of water in you right now? Let the blood sugar equalize and then go from there, okay. That's the best I can offer friend.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Pauly it's that little prehistoric part of your brain telling you something is different than usual, that's all. You've trained it to think alcohol is the way to get fuel, and it thinks it's missing out.

I find it helps if I try and treat it the way I would have treated my kids if they were having a tantrum in the sweets aisle in the supermarket. I just remind it that I know what's better and it can scream and pound its little hands and fists but it won't do any good because I know better what's good for us.

PS - PMS is the absolute pits for cravings so treat yourself to something else if it will help.
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hi everybody!
              Day 2 was quite busy - hairdresser and appointment with my mental health counselor (in AUS via GP you can get 12 sessions paid by medicare) so double therapy. Probably hair done is always the best "therapy" for a women.
              Counselor is not a total solution for my AL problem but a help and as i don' t have anybody here from my relatives or old friends (they are all in Europe) it is good that i can talk with somebody about my emotional problems and domestic staff and relationship as well.

Shelbie - how is your Day 2? I didn't sleep very well last night but was so happy to wake up with good feeling about myself - i didn't drink last night and my brain starts working properly (slowly!) again.

Hi Juja! Thanks for warm words - yes, i know first days are the worst physically (at least for me) but as i don' t have witching hours as habitual drinkers ( i am a emotional drinker - doesn't matter what time is - as i moved to AUS my life doesn't have routine, a bit chaos tough) i have witching days - Day 6, Day 12, Day 15.. My longest AF period was 22 days.
              As i am binge drinker and after binge (2 - 7/8 days) i get very sick i stop. But i am tired of this cycle - AF, binge, AF, binge etc. During AF period my body recovers, my mind becomes sharp again, i feel positive, i make plans, even do something productive than - blah.. Here we go again. But i really want to spend nice time with my daughter because i don' t know when i' ll see her again in a year.

Hello JackDanielsgirl! I assume it was your favorite drink? Thanks for welcome!
              Will try to post every day!
              The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
              /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Morning everyone
                running late...I slept like the dead
                Pauly...my therapist said a craving lasts 20 minutes.....don't know if I agree but tell yourself to hang on and it will pass
                have not heard back from K9
                gotta blaze
                Hi Audrey!

Comment

Morning everyone mama, allswell, juja, pauly, glass, Audrey, Shelby, and anyone I missed,

Well I finally sent the e-mail surrendering my license, kinda surreal. I do feel good about it deep inside and know it is for the best for now, and in 12 months I can get them back.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday
                  JDG

ps. It WAS my favorite drink.
                  Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

JDG, you sound calm about turning in your license. Are you thinking that 12 months will give you breathing room, time to get AF, and reassess? Just wondering.... If I remember, you said you were very good at your job as a nurse, right? You'll get a job once you get your license back, no-o-o problem.

Audrey, now I remember you! Moved to Aussie, no friends, etc.! Right? The "domestic staff" was the big clue.:H Again, think of your daughter...

I've been enjoying my husband's fishing trip. I've gotten so much done, plus I've read a book and watched two movies! Me, watching movies! Oh, I had a local jack-of-all trades come and dig up some HUGE weeds, and I planted more perennials. The best thing is, I had him haul away a gas grill DH wouldn't fix (it had a minor problem; he fixed it before) and a smoker we never use. Can't wait to see how long it takes him to notice.:H

Working an extra day this week, which I really don't want to do. We're short staffed, though, so I feel I need to do my part. Good girl Juja.

Tired this a.m. due to second dose of AB. Won't take it tonight. I have to be able to function.

It just started to rain. How perfect for my newly--planted flowers.

Hello dear Nora, Mama, FT, allswell, pauly, and K-9.
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Oops, sorry I missed a morning hello to my special GHE, and shelby.

I don't like leaving folks out.
                      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hello my friend juja,

Yes I believe this time will give me more days sober under my belt and help me adjust to dealing with life sober. Yes I am good at my job but due to the financial strain it will also help with the finances, because it will be almost a year before I get to go back to work anyway.

I am calm about it because I know its best for now.

Thank you for asking, Hope you have a great day at work.
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Quick check in from work. I had such a stiff neck yesterday that I was in bed by 6:00.

I just wanted to say how great it is to see such determination. :h These past 4 months have been so hard for me. It's nice to be feeling like I can do this now. :thanks:

Love & hugs to all. :l:l
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

mama here...slammed busy at work as usual
                            no word from K9........

Comment

hey everybody,hope youre all having a good tuesday,thank you guys for the support yesterday,that thought hit me out of the blue,just fantasizing how fun it would be to get drunk?stupid who makes themselves sick for fun?oh well todays a better day,dont feel bad about being in bed by 6 nora,i was in bed by 7 had to just escape the thoughts,mama your therapist is full of bull haha,k9 must be upset about her doggy i hope shes o.k hopefully shell drop by soon,hello to everybody,have a good rest of the day
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

homemade spaghetti is cooking and I am gonna find something to watch on netlflix...I have no idea how I drunkenly used to watch a movie..
                                Pauly...glad you are better....
                                I hope K9 is ok too

Comment

Working...
                                X