Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - July 2013

Morning all,

Juja i totally feel you, depression is a horrible thing, but remember AL makes it worse. Stay close my friend we are here for you.

Pauly hope you are better today. Stop beating yourself up. There are a lot of positives here, not down playing it but it was only one day right? Ok so dust yourself off, get back on that bike and start peddling sister. If you need a push or training wheels we are here.

FT - safe travels nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

Mama we tried "family" counseling he went for 2 sessions and the suddenly could not take off work anymore. It was only 1 time every 2 weeks, and he took off only 1 hour early. Even if he don't go do it for you, it has really helped me.

Have a heavy heart today. Yesterday was my 21 year anniv, postponed DUI class, sent kiddos to movie and dinner to have a quite romantic evening with hubs. He has been soooooo ill the last few days, and on my case about everything. Well that went to hell in a hand basket, miagraine showed up, hubs ill again, found old bottle (assumed i was drunk) and said he was divorcing me. WTC?!!?
    I am so tired of being threatened with this. Don't know what to do, any advise is welcome.

love to all,
    JDG
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

oh Lord JDG...was he serious?? Is there something else going on with him?
      That would have made me livis and an instant crybaby...that is NOT a threat you can ignore....
      Juja - honey, I know the misery of depression and all I can do is send hugs
      pulling a six day work week...thanks heavens my new girl starts Tuesday. Then there will be weeks of training,etc, but I am trying to focus on the positive.
      Been here since 7....just wanted to check in
      love ya'll
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama I don't know if he was serious or just blowing smoke, he was still pissed this am. I do believe there is something else I just don't know what. That is my mission to find out.

Comment

yikes jdg! what the hecks going on with him? sounds like you guys need to sit down and have a looong talk and figure out what up,im sorry youre going through that juja,its good to hear from you,ugh sorry about the uti,those are a bitch! hello to mama,glass,allswell,ft,nora man feels like im missing someone,anyways didnt do so well on the af thing yesterday either,im getting it together though,for some reason as soon as that 30 day mark hits,im off the races,i was trying not to count but i was looking at my calendar and realized it had been a month since my last drink,im gonna avoid calendars this time,im serious about quitting,but im not gonna dwell on this,itll just make me depressed,everybody have a great friday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

good attitude Pauly..
            hi everybody

Comment

Hey all....I went & got my hair beautiful tonight. :H:H (Colored & cut)

I'm hanging in there folks. A step at a time. Some days are better than others.....but in the grand scheme of things.....I'm ok.

Now - to my friends that aren't doing that great. I offer great big hugs, huge shoulders and lots of love. JDG - I'm so sorry that things turned out that way. I've been thinking of you. Juja - I've been thinking about you too but didn't want to be too pushy. Just know that I care. :h

Glass - it was wonderful to see you. Pauly & Mama - I depend on you. Actually, I depend on all of you so much. Thank you for being my lifeline. :l
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi my lovelies
                Juja, JDG so sorry you're having a rough time.

Nora I'm sure you look stunning!

Pauly I know all about trying to escape reality - I guess that's what many of us are trying to do.

and Mama good luck with your new assistant. I hope this one works out ok!

Have a lovely weekend everyone. :h :h :h
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Morning peeps,

Nora C thanks, he seems to be better I think he is bipolar. I can deal with that.

mama, glass, juja Hello friends.

Another hot and humid day with a chance of t-storms. Not many plans just cleaning house, laundry, and then POOL time.

Have to get ready for church and then work tomorrow.

Hugs,
                  JDG

Comment

Morning peeps
                    moving like a slug but have to get ready for work....ugh
                    JDG - if he is bi-polar he needs treatment and counseling, but I am sure you know that. I am not sure I could handle that
                    I was looking at FB and so many friends are partying and having girls night out, etc. I made me feel glum, as I don't a lot of close friends (other than my virtual ones :-) ) and I told hubs it must be nice to have a life. I am a virtual hermit these days...work, Netflix, bed....rinse, repeat
                    Maybe as soon as I have some trained help I will get out some.....
                    wah, wah
                    Nora...I am glad you got your hair did!! (that's an intentional grammatical error, fyi)
                    That always helps with my mood. I have been thinking about going to the salon and have some fluffy eyelashes put on. But I have to spend $500 on a tablet for Clay's senior year, so eyelashes may have to wait. I guess schools are headed the way of tablets.....no more textbooks.
                    shower and then out the door...I will check in later
                    muah!
                    ps...I texted K9 yesterday and got no response. I don't think she is drinking....just sad and down. I hope she is with her parents....they are so close

Comment

Good morning, everyone.

JDG, I'm glad there's a reason for your husband's behavior. It's him, not you.

Nora, getting my hair done this week, too, and it needs it. Thanks for the hugs.

Mama, I know what you mean about having friends and a life. Where did mine go?

I think it's time to call the therapist I'd seen last year. I can't let this depression go on any longer. I need to talk to someone and get some help. I don't want to feel sad, guilty, and numb any longer.

I wish this horrid weather would leave. I feel trapped by the heat. Getting outside would help, but I can't breathe in the high temps and humidity.

Hi, GHE, allswell, pauly, sweet K-9, and anyone I missed.
                      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

My pm box is full, and I want to save some messages. I created a folder, but can't figure out how to move messages to it. Anyone know?
                        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

aww juja,i dont want you to be depressed its a sucky feeling! had an interesting nite,was watching tmz then the power went out! lots of lightning and thuder,but not much rain for all that carrying on,so i had to sit in the dark for nearly 2 hrs,listening to winslow(my dog)bark every thunderclap,finally went to bed to try and sleep in a quiet,hot,muggy room,not fun,finally power came on at around 11, had to microwave leftover coffee(yuck) this morning,oh well,hubs and son enjoyed being outside in all that mess,but lightning scares me so i stayed inside,hope everybody has a good saturday ill probly stop by again later on

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh Pauly.....I love a good storm but no AC would kill me
                            Juja - PLEASE go see the doc....keep us posted ok?? A therapist SAVED me about 15 years ago
                            I was talking to a friend this morning about having no life and he said....I cherish my quiet time.
                            That's how I am going to look at it from now on!! PLus this crazy job requires lots of down time to recuperate.
                            hugs to all

Comment

mama,thats how i feel too,cherishing my quiet time,i listen to people gab all day,sometimes the shop gets so loud with tha gabbing,music and the phone,i want to run out of there! so evenings i like to spend just watching t.v and kicking back,people think living in vegas we'd be out gambling,or going to watch a band,to me now its too much,plus all my old friends were just drinking buddies anyways,ill take my serenity anyday

Comment

yeah Pauly, me too. Just had a ten minute pity party last night but I am over it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X