Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - July 2013

that's a BIG baby FT!! Congrats!!
    new assistant started today....stressful, but good!!
    gonna eat and flop
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

that is a big baby ft! hope mom and baby are doing well,congratulations nice youre home for a bit,nothing better than your own bed,mama you do sound beat,get some kickback time in,i wonder where everyone is today?probly busy with life,well im busy watching the baby so everyone have a good rest of the day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello my dear friends. I'm so sorry that I haven't' been around much. Been busy getting read for the yard sale, etc. Yesterday, I called in sick - just felt awful all over.

Anyway - I've been thinking a LOT about going back to AA. There were a few meetings that I liked. Some that I didn't like at all. But, I think it might be helpful to me. Just to get me out of my element for a bit. But, first I have to go to 24 Hour Fitness with my son tomorrow after work. Then, I have to help hubby prepare everything for the yard sale. So, I am busy.......I just think I need a place to be able to sit & say......I'm an alcoholic, does anyone understand?!?!?!? Who Knows? I might change my mind in an hour. :H

My friends mother died yesterday. I work with her husband. It was a hard time for them. So, I'm so sad for them.

My cousin that was so sick. We thought he was going to lose his leg. Leg was saved. Skin grafts did great. Does have some type of infection that everyone has to mask/glove/gown to go in but thought it was ok. We thought he was doing better.....but now he's having mental problems. Hallucinating, etc. They are not sure what is causing it so not sure how to treat it. I told his sister today that my Dad did the same thing. They see things that aren't there. They think people are plotting against them. It's awful. I watched my Dad go thru this. It sounds just like ICU Psychosis. That is what my Dad had. It was so hard to watch.

Well - off to pile up more crap for the yard sale. :H:H

Has anyone talked to K9?????
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, hang in there you can do it.
          Thanks guys, baby was taken "C" due to being so big, mom and baby doing great. My sister is loving the promotion to grandma...
          Finally good news instead of the constant bad that has been for the past 12-18 months... I feel inspired.
          FT
          AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
          As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

happy wednesday everybody,nora,ive wanted to go back to aa too but the one and only meeting i went to kind of irritated me cuz people kept hounding me for being a newbie,perhaps looking for a sponsee?i dont know how that whole thing works ill probly go back but try one of the early-bird meetings at 7am,maybe the people will be different,good luck on the yard sale theyre a lot of work for sure! ft,so happy your sister is excited to be a gramma,i am too but i just cannot get that word wrapped around my head or outta my mouth,i just call myself nana-p haha,well i hope our other steppers show up today at least just to say hi,have a good one everybody

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi peeps,

I know my posts are sporadic this new job is really messing with my routine. I am a A+ type A personality. Things will settle down it will just take a lil bit.

So,
              Mama do you think this asst will work out? Hope so for you sake.
              FT glad you are home, congrats on the new addition.
              Nora good luck with the yard sale hope you make lots of money, and feel better soon.
              Pauly, Juja, GHE, hello friends.

Today is going to be stressful around my house. WARNING: I am about to go on tangent.
              My 15yo son has been consistently coming home after curfew, like anywhere between 1-4 in the morning. His curfew is not later than midnight. His dad grounded him once and that lasted less than 24 hrs. Well last night it was 3, bc i waited up on him. So this time mama is handling it. No priviliges for 1 week. He is going to throw a fit and pout and be ill, but guess what if AL taught me anything it is that our actions have consequences.

What is wrong with todays kids? I know it is a mix of parenting and society. I have been told (by reliable sources) that he gets drunk, takes pills and one of his friends (we are close to the whole family, we have went to church together for years) is handing out suboxone and about to start selling Mollies. WTH?!?!?!

Anyone who has ANY advise as to my situation please tell me. I am at a loss, but it will NOT cause me to drink.

Sorry to ramble. Everyone have great day
              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

oh how awful jdg! i have a 15 yr old son too,id be dying if he was up to that monkey biz,you and dad are gonna hafta get tough on him together,im lucky my sons kind of a nerd and doesnt leave the house much,but my girls were like that too,wonderful,smart kids in their teens but as soon as 18 came they went crazy,weed,drinking,who knows what else,my oldest came home yesterday with her cheeks peirced! yeah these kids are crazy,its cuz theyre just not afraid of anyone,parents,cops,teachers the kids know theyll just get away with whatever,ok enough of my rant,good luck to you raising kids is the hardest job hands down,one of my customers said"little kids,little problems big kids big problems"pretty much sums it up for me

Comment

JDG..time for some tough love and I hope your husband supports you. My boys have a healthy fear of their father. They tell me pretty much everything, and so far so good. My oldest told me my DUI has scared the crap out of him and I am grateful. They have seen me not drive for almost 15 months and know how money and shame it caused me. I am always honest with them and share real life consequences of some stupid shit I have done. He may an intervention or get a friendly cop or minister involved. Laws do not play with drugs...I hear if you are found with narcotics on you without a prescription it could be 2 to 5 years......
                  I am home and tired, but thankfully I think Brianna is going to work out. She is young, has a 7 year old, and likes to party, which worries me. She comes to me for advice and I try to remind her that being a mother comes first. She is smart, pleasant and a hard worker. Fingers crossed.
                  Nora....my Netflix and my nook are my down time, and I treasure it. I am sorry about your friend.
                  Off to get some dinner together. I love you guys.
                  I try to text K9 once a week or so and she usually responds. She is not drinking but is in a very sad place right now.

Comment

My cousin, Mike, passed away a few minutes ago. Thank you for all the love, prayers & support. He was only 48 years old.
                    I will be back tomorrow......
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

so sorry for your loss nora,thats too damn young to die

Comment

Hi my lovelies

Nora, I’m so sorry. What a terrible, terrible time your family’s going through. I pray the rest of you will stay safe and well. Maybe now is a good time to go back to AA so you have that extra support.
                        :h
                        FT – Glad you’re home safe and well.

JDG – the only advice I can give is that you have to be really, really tough and stick to your guns. He can pout all he likes, but if he’s told he’ll be grounded for breaking curfew, then that has to be the consequence. And if he sneaks out he loses privileges. Being strict won’t kill him, but his behaviour might.

I hope your new helper works out well Mama.

Juja and Pauly hugs :l
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Oh Nora.....

Comment

Happy Thursday,

Thank you all for the advise. We are doing just that. Sticking to our guns. GROUNDED, and it appears my 21 yo daughter has done the same so the same for her.

Gotta jet love to all,

Nora thinking of you.
                            JDG
                            Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

congrats on 30 days jdg!

Comment

congrats on 30 days!!! that is freaking awesome!
                                stick to your guns!!
                                back to work

Comment

Working...
                                X