Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - July 2013

Hey everyone.....great big hugs going out to one & all.....:l:l

Things have just been so hectic around here lately. I went to the gym yesterday. My son is determined to help me get healthy. :H Anyway, I went with a young woman from work and we got a free 7 day pass. She can't afford to join so I am really debating about signing up. Oh well - it will keep me out of trouble, right?
    My eyes have been really bothering me. Very dry. It's a chronic condition that I have but it has been so much worse in the past few months. So, now I'm wondering if it is linked to the Wellbutrin. I was able to get an appointment tomorrow morning so I'll talk to them then.

Missing Juja and K9.

I am just so dang proud of Mama, JDG, FT, Pauly, Glass, etc. You are all just doing what needs to be done. So very happy for you. I'm doing better but not in the complete mind set yet. Working on it.

Love & hugs - off to pay bills. YUCK!!!!
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora.....at the gym....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      that is so awesome
      Nora....it has been 15 months since my DUI....I still don't drive....I work insane hours and at high stress levels.....I drink every now and then, but it just doesn't appeal that much any more....I can't explain it.
      My eyes are bothering me too, but I have to go have an exam and get glasses. Let me get Clay into school first!! Glass....you paid a small fortune for your two....thanks for commiserating with me.
      It I get the chance I will text K9. I know she is back at wok and has a new puppy, but I am deeply worried about her. Depression is not a fun place to be, as most of us know.
      Nora, let me know what they say about the wellbutrin. I take Paxil...you never know
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi all. I'm still around, and going round and round! Someone get me off this gerbil wheel!:H

Hubs and I are off on a 4 day "vacation" today to Asheville, NC. That's as far away, and as long a vacation I feel comfortable taking, considering the elderly peeps. Hopefully, no crises will arise while I'm gone. If they do, someone else will have to handle them. Period.

Work and life have been beyond hectic. How did this happen? I thought retirement was supposed to be a joyful, relaxed time. My head's still spinning from work yesterday.

Doing pretty well on the AL front, and will make every effort to maintain sobriety while in Asheville.

Love to EVERYONE!
        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hey all, it has been a min since I posted.

It is a kind of good news, bad news day.

Bad news hubs at it again, but he is not going to get me down, I just let it go in one ear and out the other.

Good news, new job!!!!!!! no more AL filled work days. I am the new assistant manager at our local Fred's superstore. Not sure when I start waiting on background check. I am super excited.

Hope everyone has a great day, love all around
          JDG
          Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

happy wednesday! sounds like everyone is super busy these days,i got in the worst argument with my daughters boyfriend monday nite! they both just started new jobs and finding child care for the baby is rough,so hubs suggested this older lady who lives next door,daughter took the baby over to meet her and talk about hrs,pay,etc.well all was good and set to go but creepy boyfriend came over and freaked out saying hes not gonna leave baby with people he dont know,yada,yada,then is whining hell just call in,he didnt,my daughter did! i dont want her to get fired,sorry im ranting but im pissed because they live at his moms house,shes home ALL day and says she can only watch baby on wednesday wtf?just irritated,and i did drink beers like an idiot,i was just pissed,you guys take care x-post jdg,congrats on the new job!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello my friends......

Pauly - so sorry about the whole 'boyfriend' episode.

JDG - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Juja - have a wonderful, wonderful time. I hope that you are able to relax.

Mama - where are you? Spending more money on your son? :H

Glass - how are you doing? How old are your kids?

FT - Still enjoying your at home time??

Well - I bit the bullet and joined the gym today after work. I've done this before and wasted the membership but this time I joined my son's gym. Will be hard to avoid going. :H They gave me a free session with a personal trainer which is nice. I'll see him on Friday evening. We'll see how that goes.

Well - I'm sore already after today's work out. But, I am looking at this as a positive step. Today I was fretting about something and in my head I said just take it One Step at a Time. It's like duh! That's all I need to do. :h
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Here I am!!!...was out of work Monday-Wednesday again this week due to my foot being super swollen and hurting. Went back to the doctor and she insisted I come back to work. She's being kind of a B**ch. Oh well. I got my ADORABLE new doggie last saturday. We named him Jack. He is such a sweet boy. He's very skiddish, every little noise scares him, so we are being patient. He has given me the snuggles that I've been desperately needing. lol

Ok, time to catch up on all I've missed. I'll be around more. I've exhausted every option for being out of work, so I guess I'm stuck here (I even called my Union Rep and got him involved!)

Be back later after I read some!

Love,
                K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I am here. Crazy busy at work. Told hubs about it and then we got in a huge fight. I almost left to stay with a girlfriend. I was so angry that I told him my crappy day and he ignored it and then later the fight started and the F You's started and then he threw the phone at me. I packed a bag this morning to stau away tonight and let him fret but he called and actually apologized. That's HUGE for him.
                  So I am home....
                  excellent news on the job JDG and Jack ,Niner
                  This drama has worn me out so I am eating pizza and going to bed early. And....I did not drink. It never crossed my mind...I was too mad
                  sorry to vent
                  love and hugs to all
                  good job on the gym Nora and sorry about the fight Pauly.

Comment

guess I am talking to myself here..... :-(

Comment

aww mama,i hate fighting with hubs,hope you guys are getting along better
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mama - I hope you have a much better day today...did you and hubs make up? I hope so!

I'm doing better, back at work and not hating it TOO much. Keeping my fingers crossed for a new job I applied for (at Police Department). The good thing is they don't expect much of me right now at work, I can basically just sit here all day not doing much. lol The lady in HR just caught me walking around without my crutches...busted!

My JackJack dog is so sweet...I love him so much, I haven't even had him one week yet but I can really see him coming out of his shell. I think we are going to be best buds for many years. He is so snuggly

Well, it's Friday...let's all have a great weekend :h

Comment

Now I'm talking to myself! (crickets...crickets..crickets)

Good news (finally!)...my doctor said my bone is healed and I no longer need crutches! I just have to wear the ugly "surgery shoe" for the next 2.5 weeks, but hell, I am so happy that I can finally WALK!!

Ok...where is everyone???

Comment

Hi everyone
                            Sorry I?m so late in responding. Things have been very hectic .

Wow, so much has happened in here in the last few days! It must be busy, seeing as we're still in July and the rest of the world is already in August! :H:H

Well done on going to the gym Nora ? keep it up! To answer your question, my boys are now 27 and 24. All grown up, or so they think!

Mama ? so sorry about the argument. It?s the pits when you have so much else going on. How?s the new assistant working out?

K9 I?m glad to hear you?re healing well. I?m sure and Jack will be wonderful company for each other. He sounds adorable ? and very lucky!

I hope you?re enjoying your vacation Juja!

Pauly that situation with your daughter?s BF sounds very frustrating!

I?m glad to hear about your new job JDG!

:h :l :h
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Going to make a VERY quick post - computer is acting up.

Things ok here. So sorry about the fight, Mama. K9 - so happy to see you. Great big hugs to everyone!!!

Hope this goes thru & now I'm going to trouble shoot my computer. :h
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

we made up...we have a doozy of a fight every few years, so I guess it was time
                                just back from more school shopping....JEEZ
                                hugs to all
                                off to unpack groceries
                                good news about your foot niner

Comment

Working...
                                X