Guilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guilt

I am consumed by it. I made a choice and I have to live with it, it's tearing me apart. I don't deserve life, or happiness. I am useless and drunk at 10 am. I should be at work. Please help
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Guilt

Nothing to help with. All addicts backslide. I've pulled in the parkin lot for work before and turned around and went home to get fucked up. It's part of the disease. Just enjoy your day drinking and try to do better nexttime. You're not going to enjoy it though. You'll feel guilty all day and tomorrow lying about why you weren't at work.

The worst guilt that comes from an addiction disease is the things we cannot repair, like relationships, things we've done that have made a permanent impact on our lives that cannot be reversed. People that won't forgive, things we can't get back or undo.

This is not a terrible, end of the world thing to feel guilty about. Could be worse. I say make a day of it. Don't do it again.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Life affords no higher pleasure, than that of surmounting difficulties, passing from one step of success to another, forming new wishes, and seeing them gratified. He that labours in any great or laudable undertaking, has his fatigues first supported by hope, and afterwards rewarded by joy

Comment

Guilt

Thanks for your response, it makes sense.
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Guilt

I killed my mother. I chose to let her live at any cost. Because of my choice she died a horrible death. Isis that

Comment

Guilt

broken halo, you're in the brunt of it, where things are most painful, drink or no drink things will hurt today.

Active addiction is a place where all your emotions are heightened to great levels, when you drink your layer of rationality is turned off and your emotions are sitting wide open running wild with nothing to talk them down

Not much will stick or help if you are drinking now, you're on the merry go round, my heart goes out to you, its mental torture, but try and get some help, your deserve better than this, think its time for a change?
          we're all here for you and there are thousands of resources out there to help you on your journey,
          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Working...
          X