Army Thread Friday 5th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recluse;1528630 wrote: Fridge door is back on at the second time of asking. I got it upside down first time round!
    :H:H Oh go on - please say you took a pic

Comment

Xpost arsey....good afternoon

RunningCourage;1528628 wrote: Prolly my biggest multiquote to date :H
      And very impressive it was too! :goodjob:

RunningCourage;1528626 wrote: Got the hinge? Fridge working? I gotta palaver of a pavlova that could do with some refriggerating.
      Yep, all up and running now. Plenty of free space for the pavlova (so long as you don't mind me checking it for taste...).

RunningCourage;1528626 wrote:
      Just in from work... not much to report.
      There's a thread for that, you know!

Comment

RunningCourage;1528634 wrote: :H:H Oh go on - please say you took a pic
        Some things are best left to the imagination

Comment

Someone mention PAVLOVA?!!

Don't suppose there's any left for a weary shopper?

Comment

Recluse;1528635 wrote:

Yep, all up and running now. Plenty of free space for the pavlova (so long as you don't mind me checking it for taste...).

Not at all.

sweetpea29;1528639 wrote: Someone mention PAVLOVA
            ?!!

Don't suppose there's any left for a weary shopper?
            Reccie ate it all :egad: :H

Comment

Molls sorry to hear ye had such a shite week:l Glad yer feeling much better now tho.
              Yerself n Jacks are such a support here, the 'backbone' of the thread imho, that when one of ye is 'down' or outa action it kinda shows. Hope ye could offload somewhere? Put the (w)ankers behind ya and enjoy yer medallion weekend xx :goodjob:

Comment

Yo D'Arsey :hiya: How are ya?

Comment

yo pantaloonies :wavin: am fine - bit banjaxed tbh, but got the tennis on... though it's affa stressful watching it :H

How's you? so you gotta go into work Sunday i see? Keep yer mind on the money Whatcha done today?

Comment

RunningCourage;1528654 wrote: yo pantaloonies :wavin: am fine - bit banjaxed tbh, but got the tennis on... though it's affa stressful watching it :H

How's you? so you gotta go into work Sunday i see? Keep yer mind on the money Whatcha done today?
                    OOh forgot about the tennis... cried last year at Murray's post match speech!

Aye, I gotta work( forgot tho had already agreed to work extra nxt fri, so basically means I'm in for a 6 day stretch, 2 long days in there :egad: But a girls gotta do....
                    I know ye all work 6 day or more stretches every week, so sorry if it sounds moany, but in my place they're a killer!

Whatcha doin the weekend? Any races?

Comment

I spied sumfink beginning wit Z about the boards!!........

ZENNY- :waving: Hope ye got back safe n sound?:l

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1528598 wrote: Cheeses Wreccie

Her friends do refer to her as the "original cougar", but she's my wife FFS.

LMAO
                        LMFAO!!! That?s a classic! :H I didn't have a chance to check the boards the last few days... what was Mrs T in hospital for? I hope everything turned out OK, whatever it is... X

Jacks... I?m sorry to hear about your uncle... big hugs... :l I?m very fond of mine (he?s the same age as yours btw) and know you must be feeling horrible about it.

Questy... your son burnt your kit hen?!! Yeah? I guess that would push you to re-do it all right! lol Are you insured? I hope you are? just so you can get summat out of the bloody insurance co. (I started a blaze in ours when I was a kid but they caught it before there was much damage...)

Waggy? what?s a thundershirt??? My cats couldn?t give a fig about the fireworks? they?re brazen wee buggers. (I was awful glad to see them when I got home!)

Mollers? Re the (w)bankers? they are on my shit list, along with big Pharma, insurance of all types, government and the GMO feckers! I hate being part of someone else?s bloody food chain. I hope you have a good weekend. What's Medallion Day about? Is it peeps celebrating 1,2,3 years etc.?

Reccy? How could you put the door on upside down? Did you have the hinge on the wrong side? Me feckin mind is boggling over here!!! Wish you HAD taken a photo!

Yoo Hoooo to the rest of the troops... from SUNNY South Florida. The rain cloud that was following me for 3 weeks has somewhat fecked orf. Reckon there will be a quick thunderstorm this arvo then business as usual.

I had another bloody arduous journey from Heathrow to Miami... I was beside a woman with three under-5's and a baby... holy cow it was awful? she didn?t even remotely try to control them and they were SO badly behaved. To top it all off, my TV headset didn't work so I couldn't drown out the screams and yells. One of the stewards took pity on me around the time the baby was smearing food on my arm and moved me to a seat in business class... thank fook! I reckon I?ll pay the extra for business class on trans-Atlantics from now on, if I possibly can. The plane was delayed getting off the tarmac and I would have had that shit for 10 hours if they hadn?t moved me. Gah! :nutso: Anyhoo? got back in one piece. Yer one indoors picked me up at Miami and we went to a seafood restaurant on the way home. It?s a place I used to go when I lived ?dahn Sarth? and one of my faves? very low key with excellent shellfish. Used to have newspaper tablecloths but they?ve "upgraded" to paper now. We had a load of crab and oysters? absolutely scrummy! Here?s a link?

World Famous Garlic Crabs - Ft. Lauderdale's Best Seafood - Rustic Inn

Things calmed down somewhat before I left home. I don?t know what the feck it is with my mother and that rage thing. It was extremely upsetting as a child. She?d get drunk and go ballistic? keep me awake all night ranting and raving and I?d need to get up and go to school in the a.m. while she got to sleep it off. ( Then it would be all about remorse by the time I got home? wanting hugs and shit. She?s actually put me off being a touchy feely person? somewhere along the line I related hugs and ?I love you?s? to the mayhem that preceded it. Feckin crap really. That whole thing really hit me this time? probably because I didn?t drown it with booze like usual. I guess it?s something I?m going to need to work on. Does the work on oneself EVER fucking end?!!! I know some of you will relate to this next statement (Reccy and Inchy are in my mind as I type)... parents can totally fuck you up. (

Anyway, I had a great night in Glasgow Tuesday with the rellies? lots of reminiscing. Can?t believe how the kids have grown? one is taller than me and I?m 5?9?.

I cleaned house all day yesterday? feckin sick of cleaning to be honest. If it wasn?t for the fact that I have a terrible dust allergy I?d have said feck it and left it. I?ve got to tackle the outside today. Yer wan indoors tries but he just doesn?t do as good a job as me. I?m starting to suspect that it might be some kind of ploy! You know? if yer don?t do it right yer won?t be asked to do it again type deal?

It was a holiday here yesterday? we skipped the party we were invited to and fired up the BBQ and made dinner for Cheryl and her mum last night. She?s doing well but is in a lot of pain? on percs every 4 hours and a bit out of it? but she?s following what they told her to do to a T (it?s very important in hip replacements as I?m sure Sir Pee would know). Totally off her food and has lost quite a lot of weight in a very short time. I shall try to fatten her up as misery likes company!

I?m going to have to transfer the data from this bloody awful desktop to my laptop and get rid of this fecker. It is the most horrible, slow, annoying computer in the world. I?ll enjoy taking it?s hard drive apart! And I need to start the ball rolling on getting a new passport. And pay bills. And file the crap on my desk. Waaaaaaahhhhhh!!! I need a holiday after my holiday tbh?

I expect a ribbon or a medal for this mega-post by the way????? :thanks:

Comment

sweetpea29;1528656 wrote: I spied sumfink beginning wit Z about the boards!!........

ZENNY- :waving: Hope ye got back safe n sound?:l
                          :waving:

Ya saw me sneaking in there?!!! :l

I was busy putting the largest post in MWO history together... lol... otherwise would have said hi sooner!

Comment

sweetpea29;1528649 wrote: Molls sorry to hear ye had such a shite week:l Glad yer feeling much better now tho.
                            Yerself n Jacks are such a support here, the 'backbone' of the thread imho, that when one of ye is 'down' or outa action it kinda shows. Hope ye could offload somewhere? Put the (w)ankers behind ya and enjoy yer medallion weekend xx :goodjob:
                            What have I missed with Mollers and the wankers? I know she hates them, generally speaking, but has something happened?

Comment

Zenstyle;1528658 wrote: :waving:

Ya saw me sneaking in there?!!! :l

I was busy putting the largest post in MWO history together... lol... otherwise would have said hi sooner!
                              :H Wow, am impressed Zen, that sure was a mighty post

Sorry about the shit wit yer Mam:l Well done you on not caving and drowning it out with booze :greatjob2: Maybe it don't feel like it- but from here it looks like progress. I wouldn't be so sure that if I had to deal with such stressers I could remain AF. Reminds me of one of my aunts... put her kids through hell wit drink on her, then next day was the sweetest Mum ever.

Comment

Will a :goodjob: do, Zennerooney?

No place like home, huh? :l
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X