Army Thread Friday 5th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

future father in law is home, having pain meds messed about with and getting referred to a another psychiatrist. other half is my main worry, I've never seen him so down and simply not himself at all. spent the last 3 days at his place, 2 just the pair of us then his family home last night. his mums obviously super stressed as well which is all just making things horrid for him - he's had a very sheltered upbringing to this point so the shock must be awful.
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

RunningCourage;1528689 wrote:
      As for parents fucking you up: here's Larkin...

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
      They may not mean to, but they do.
      They fill you with the faults they had
      And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
      By fools in old-style hats and coats,
      Who half the time were soppy-stern
      And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
      It deepens like a coastal shelf.
      Get out as early as you can,
      And don't have any kids yourself.
      Thanks for me luvverly medal!!!

That poem says it all, really. Me Gran was a right targer with a fucking horrible temper of her own and she ruled me Gramps like she was Hitler. My uncle was the apple of her eye and my mum and aunt took second place. So, yeah, my Ma just soaked up what she saw in her childhood and passed it right along to me. And, nope, I didn't have any kids that I could fuck up in turn!

It's a funny old world, isn't it?

I think the best thing for me to do is to see it for what it is and now discard it. It would be a very bad thing for me to dwell on all of this... best I talk it out with you guys like I have and then move on, I reckon.

Comment

InChains;1528691 wrote: future father in law is home, having pain meds messed about with and getting referred to a another psychiatrist. other half is my main worry, I've never seen him so down and simply not himself at all. spent the last 3 days at his place, 2 just the pair of us then his family home last night. his mums obviously super stressed as well which is all just making things horrid for him - he's had a very sheltered upbringing to this point so the shock must be awful.
        If he's not really been exposed to angst then it'll be hitting him hard for sure. What is the medical problem with his dad?

It'll be a tough time for your boyfriend just now but I'm sure he'll work his way through it and be himself before long. :l

Comment

pain meds are for a pre-existing back problem, current problem however is the mental breakdown he had whilst on holiday - really not great.
          I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

InChains;1528698 wrote: pain meds are for a pre-existing back problem, current problem however is the mental breakdown he had whilst on holiday - really not great.
            Ah right... I remember now. Jingos, I've had so much going through ma heid this last week. (

I hope he'll be OK and that he'll get a good psychiatrist. His poor mum must be beside herself.

You've been there for your BF luvvie... and I'm sure he really appreciates that.

Comment

Zenstyle;1528684 wrote: Well, here's the other thing that came out of my trip home this time. Everyone is convinced my mother isn't an alkie... she's just a nasty drunk. (Which is worse, one begs the question?!) So she just stopped. At least, to my knowledge, she did. She'll still eat food with booze in it though and it doesn't "trigger" her. I mean, like booze that hasn't been burned off... sherry trifle, cranichan, etc. She never went to AA or nowt.

The family reckon I'm a problem drinker and I over-reacted with the alcoholism thing. I guess what they don't understand is that it's all the same thing at the end of the day really. You drink too much and it'll bite you in the arse whether you're a "problem drinker" or an "alkie".

Thanks for the comment on my "journey". :l It's been really good to get the new insights... very helpful. I feel a lot more cheerful than I have in yonks to be honest... )
              True Zen.. it don't matter how we call it...'problem drinker'...'nasty drunk' or alcoholic, at the end of the day if it's causing a problem it will bite us in the arse...eventually...
              Glad yer feeling more cheerful, keep up the good work xx

RunningCourage;1528689 wrote: I may work 6 days during term time... but i reckon there's way loads more of emotional-type stress with yours. Some jobs need more time away from them than others in order to do the job - if that makes sense!

Yup - one race on Sunday, up north. So off to folks tomorrow cos it's a wee bit closer.

You're quite tall aintcha?
              Would've hate them kids. Hate the racket the ones next door make :stomper:
              As for parents fucking you up: here's Larkin...

They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
              They may not mean to, but they do.
              They fill you with the faults they had
              And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
              By fools in old-style hats and coats,
              Who half the time were soppy-stern
              And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
              It deepens like a coastal shelf.
              Get out as early as you can,
              And don't have any kids yourself.
              :H Very true D'Arsey, but if we all don't have kids...what'll become of red heads? We are already endangered!!

InChains;1528691 wrote:
              future father in law is home, having pain meds messed about with and getting referred to a another psychiatrist. other half is my main worry, I've never seen him so down and simply not himself at all. spent the last 3 days at his place, 2 just the pair of us then his family home last night. his mums obviously super stressed as well which is all just making things horrid for him - he's had a very sheltered upbringing to this point so the shock must be awful.
              Ah Inchy- sorry yer other half is so down xx Tis good you can be there for him tho xx

Comment

General wavings and good evenings and yooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooos to youse.

Been watching the way you talked on here through the stuff with your Ma, rather than let it boil your heid, oh Zennifer of the mighty big post.:goodjob:

No news of my uncle as yet. Fingers crossed it'll be better than this mornings.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1528701 wrote: General wavings and good evenings and yooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooos to youse.

Been watching the way you talked on here through the stuff with your Ma, rather than let it boil your heid, oh Zennifer of the mighty big post.:goodjob:

No news of my uncle as yet. Fingers crossed it'll be better than this mornings.
                  Yo Jacks :hiya:

Is your uncle far from you? Thinking of ye and him anyways xx

Comment

sweetpea29;1528702 wrote: Yo Jacks :hiya:

Is your uncle far from you? Thinking of ye and him anyways xx
                    Not far, about 30 miles. Visiting is only very close family at the moment. I may just have to become his sister or a long lost daughter he fathered when he was 14.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1528704 wrote: Not far, about 30 miles. Visiting is only very close family at the moment. I may just have to become his sister or a long lost daughter he fathered when he was 14.
                      Yeah Jacks do whatever it takes xx

The nurses wont have a clue anyhows if at all like me. Amount of times Ive said to a wife, yeah go ahead in and see yer Dad!! or worse to a daughter, yeah yer husband is doing well!! How I haven't been floored I dunno!

Comment

I'll be guided by my cousin, she was a nurse. Actually she was a Sister (she'd half kill me if I didn't say that) up until about 8 years ago.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1528708 wrote: I'll be guided by my cousin, she was a nurse. Actually she was a Sister (she'd half kill me if I didn't say that) up until about 8 years ago.
                          Sorry if ye thought I was making light of it Jacks :l
                          Maladaptive filter between head and fingers has me xx

Comment

sweetpea29;1528710 wrote: Sorry if ye thought I was making light of it Jacks :l
                            Maladaptive filter between head and fingers has me xx
                            Don't be a daftie.:l

The thought that's been banging around my head all day is if he dies who the hell am I going to talk about tickling my tomato plants without sniggering.

He's my go to person for all things gardening.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1528713 wrote: Don't be a daftie.:l

The thought that's been banging around my head all day is if he dies who the hell am I going to talk about tickling my tomato plants without sniggering.

He's my go to person for all things gardening.
                              Ah dear Jacks:l:l

Do you care to share about 'tickling' tomatoes?! Is it some kinda gardening trick?

Comment

sweetpea29;1528715 wrote: Ah dear Jacks:l:l

Do you care to share about 'tickling' tomatoes?! Is it some kinda gardening trick?
                                Oooh and you do it with a paint brush

Just when they start to flower get a wee artists paint brush and 'tickle' all the flowers, so sharing the pollen. Do you know after all these years I still think he's pulling my leg.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X