Army Thread Friday 5th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sugarbeat;1528804 wrote: breaking up because of addiction is a weird one, different to falling out of love, or cheating, not much out there about it
    yes it is different - and i have no direct experience of it, but that does not diminish your own strength, fortitude and down right bravery in taking control of your life. You mustn't underestimate yourself... by doing so, you deny yourself the truth of realising who you actually are, and what you are proving yourself capable of.

and never think yourself "less than" someone else, who, perhaps does not have the same relationship you had with AL. in what way, precisely, are you "less than"?

I can't think of an answer either.

Comment

Right folks - must away and study google maps if am to make this trip (on time) tomorrow...

Sugarbeat- take care of yourself:l

Nighters to you, D'Arsey n all xx

Comment

RunningCourage;1528812 wrote: yes it is different - and i have no direct experience of it, but that does not diminish your own strength, fortitude and down right bravery in taking control of your life. You mustn't underestimate yourself... by doing so, you deny yourself the truth of realising who you actually are, and what you are proving yourself capable of.

and never think yourself "less than" someone else, who, perhaps does not have the same relationship you had with AL. in what way, precisely, are you "less than"?

Listen to him Sugar.... very wise

Comment

nighters peapantallons :hallo: safe journey!

Comment

Ah guys you're so good, and thanks for listening, I suppose when we got together I wasn't in active addiction. I wasn't too gone on him that way but loved him as a friend and fell in love, I was confident and felt equal to him (normal I suppose), didn't give it too much thought. During the relationship the addiction kicked off big time, self sabotage things in my past, learned behaviours eating me up. Although he was a great guy I put him on a serious pedestal and stopped seeing the real person, the real him, I just saw the superman all knowing amazing him. After the breakup due to ongoing active addiction I rose him higher and my mind told me how great he was and how crap ing I was.
            Today I'm not that girl and I'm just trying to bridge the gap in my thinking, when your head tells you so many lies in addiction, and you're retraining the brain back to normal. Does this make sense?
            Oh God thanks a million for listening
            "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

RunningCourage;1528812 wrote: yes it is different - and i have no direct experience of it, but that does not diminish your own strength, fortitude and down right bravery in taking control of your life. You mustn't underestimate yourself... by doing so, you deny yourself the truth of realising who you actually are, and what you are proving yourself capable of.

That means alot to me
              "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

sugarbeat;1528820 wrote: Ah guys you're so good, and thanks for listening, I suppose when we got together I wasn't in active addiction. I wasn't too gone on him that way but loved him as a friend and fell in love, I was confident and felt equal to him (normal I suppose), didn't give it too much thought. During the relationship the addiction kicked off big time, self sabotage things in my past, learned behaviours eating me up. Although he was a great guy I put him on a serious pedestal and stopped seeing the real person, the real him, I just saw the superman all knowing amazing him. After the breakup due to ongoing active addiction I rose him higher and my mind told me how great he was and how crap ing I was.
                Today I'm not that girl and I'm just trying to bridge the gap in my thinking, when your head tells you so many lies
                in addiction, and you're retraining the brain back to normal. Does this make sense?
                Oh God thanks a million for listening
                That makes complete sense. And the fact that you recognise your previous ways of thinking is more than half the battle towards recogising what is real and what is your mind playing tricks on you. There are no pedastals anymore. (but feel free to put yourself on one )

Comment

JackieClaire;1528752 wrote: News just in........Uncle's bit better and had a cup of tea.
                  Sorry Jacks missed this earlier, wot wif all the Murray excitement n all. Great news bout yer uncle xx

Got me directions written down now so will away to the leaba xx

Comment

Working...
                  X