Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 9th July

Good morning, folksies

Poor Mrs. T was up from 3am, not feeling very well. She's fallen asleep again, so I guess we'll be heading into the city a little later than usual.

Have a lekker Tuesday, everyone!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Good morning MrT n all who follow

Poor MrsT- hope she is feeling better soon xx

This is one time I aint gonna complain about working in the good weather- got sunburn so bad last sat I don't care much for it atm! So it's off to work for me a happy camper!

Have a lovely day folks xx

Comment

Morning troops.

Another blazing day. Another day cooped up in the glass furnace. Aka - the office.

Mrsa - congrats on your championship place at London 2014 - yer right, Mo Farah better get training Still planning to do Chester?

Orf to forage for food.

Comment

Good morning Tips hope Mrs T feeling better now, is it anything to do with procedure last week?

Have a good day at work Sweetie wasn't it the hottest day for years in Northern Ireland yesterday?

How are things at home Molly? My daughter and children going to stay with her sister next week and then her mother in law. I wonder if joey could go with them.

RC The London Marathon people have made a mistake methinks as the first email said good for age. I do not think there will be many 67 year old women lining up at the front of the start next year:H Yes doing Chester Mr C

Have a great day wherever you are

Comment

Good morning Tipperooo, Piddlepants, Sir D'arsey, Mollymoo, Mo Whizzy and all those yet to drop by.

Poor Mrs T, she's had a rough go lately. Hoping she feels better toot sweet.

Weather report from the Costa del Tyne..........hot, hot,hot,hot,hot,hot,hot.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Absolutely loads better.
            Gone into gratitude mode. Very grateful to have had him in my life for all my years and grateful that I'm sober to be here for my family.

A library in an old church, how lovely. Have a great day, medallion woman.:l
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Belated good morning army :hallo:

Hope Mrs T is feeling better tips?

Can empathise with you on the sunburn peapie...though I'll still go out and do a spot of pruning in the garden in the sun shortly.

Great that you're going to get your privacy back again mrs a

Sounds quite pleasant working in a cool church/library molly. 8 months seems like a long time for simon to be working abroad....does it not bother you?

Glad you're feeling better Jackie.

Comment

Hey u Guys
                Just wanted to say thanks to RunningCourage, Sweetpea and Molly for helping me through my drama over the weekend, had a read through your suggestions again today, easier to process when you're a few steps away from the drama, since then I have have been through a fine medley of emotions, and confusions but I processed it, tried to find my own truth, cried, got angry, meditated, and drink didn't even come into the equation. Its hard to imagine the pain I put myself through before going through emotional stuff and washing it down with drink that filled my head with lies. I met up with a good friend that night and had a right good chat about it, one of the gifts of sobriety was friends and family genuinely coming back into my life. Today I'm coming back to myself thank God but once again thank you and so glad I met ye on these boards.

That aside hope ye are all enjoying the sun this side of the world, not sure I'm built for this heat with my lovely pale and interesting Irish complexion, have a super day one and all wherever you are
                "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Rant Alert

JackieClaire;1530064 wrote: Absolutely loads better.
                  Gone into gratitude mode. Very grateful to have had him in my life for all my years and grateful that I'm sober to be here for my family.
                  Oh Jackie - I'm so glad you reached that stage - you will laugh at memories and that's ok :l

Molls - get thee to work - ENJOY the sun at lunchtime
                  PP sorry for the sunburn - that'll learn ya - is it peeling.?
                  We do that a few times in our lives then we learn - burn = peel :thumbsup:

Now my moan:
                  Mr S's cousin that he saw intermittantly died age 58.

I got the inquisition this morning -
                  • "Burial - Thursday - ARE YOU GOING ?" - er NO - 'cos I'll be in the hospital with a camera in dark places at 7.30 am - I have to be dropped & collected 2 hours later - and 'minded' for 12 hours."Well go Tomorrow night to the church" - er - NO - I have to evacuate my bowel and will be on the loo from 6pm tomorrow.
                  Got quite heated then - what time would I be finished ? and I was told that HE was going to the funeral - no matter what on Thursday.
                  Well at least I know now where I am in the pecking order.
                  I get the impression it's all 'for show' d'ya know ? Kinda here we all are - wives in tow kinda thing ......
                  I will get a taxi to the hospital - see how that goes ...........

Really p***ed off !:upset:

Thanks for allowing the rant :l

Comment

sugarbeat;1530080 wrote: Hey u Guys
                    Just wanted to say thanks to RunningCourage, Sweetpea and Molly for helping me through my drama over the weekend, had a read through your suggestions again today, easier to process when you're a few steps away from the drama, since then I have have been through a fine medley of emotions, and confusions but I processed it, tried to find my own truth, cried, got angry, meditated, and drink didn't even come into the equation. Its hard to imagine the pain I put myself through before going through emotional stuff and washing it down with drink that filled my head with lies. I met up with a good friend that night and had a right good chat about it, one of the gifts of sobriety was friends and family genuinely coming back into my life. Today I'm coming back to myself thank God but once again thank you and so glad I met ye on these boards.

That aside hope ye are all enjoying the sun this side of the world, not sure I'm built for this heat with my lovely pale and interesting Irish complexion, have a super day one and all wherever you are
                    Hey Sugar - must have missed that - but you were in very good hands with those 3 :l
                    Great you are in a better space & didn't need to resort to AL :goodjob:

Comment

Lunchtime hello.

Glad you're feeling better Jacs.

Molls can I come and work in an old cool church, cos me office is a fecking furnace and all I want to do is sleep in an ice cold bath.

Sugarbeat, :l and good on ya for staying so strong

Reccie enjoy popping into the garden. Wear sunscreen.

Doc, och... Hang on a mo ... so is Mr S not got any sympathy for you having to go into hospital? Sounds as if - and correct me I'm wrong- that its not like he cousin was the nearest and dearest and as you say it's more for show? That stinks imo. Well, although we can't be there with you, the army will be thinking about you on thurs. :l:l

Comment

RunningCourage;1530093 wrote: Lunchtime hello.

Glad you're feeling better Jacs.

Molls can I come and work in an old cool church, cos me office is a fecking furnace and all I want to do is sleep in an ice cold bath.

Sugarbeat, and good on ya for staying so strong

Reccie enjoy popping into the garden. Wear sunscreen.

Doc, och... Hang on a mo ... so is Mr S not got any sympathy for you having to go into hospital? Sounds as if - and correct me I'm wrong- that its not like he cousin was the nearest and dearest and as you say it's more for show? That stinks imo. Well, although we can't be there with you, the army will be thinking about you on thurs. :l:l
                        Thanks loverly RC for the vote of confidence :h
                        May not be ALL for show - but I feel it is sometimes - I didn't even KNOW the man. May have met him say 30 years ago - once ! But I am expected to go. Mr S imo is a bully sometimes & puts me on a guilt trip for not being ALL about his family
                        But hey guess what ? I am not like him - have my own way of dealing with things - I WOULD go if I could - as it is his close relation but ....

Thanks Again RC :l

Comment

Satz, you're a fecking strong woman.:l

Bollix to him. Gawd I wish I could stick me fingers up his nostrils and drag him round a really, really rough and cheap nylon carpet.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1530101 wrote: Satz, you're a fecking strong woman.:l

Bollix to him. Gawd I wish I could stick me fingers up his nostrils and drag him round a really, really rough and cheap nylon carpet.
                            *snort* LOL :H:H
                            I am sitting in an office laughing to myself here ...... tears in my eyes !!!

Comment

JackieClaire;1530101 wrote: Satz, you're a fecking strong woman.:l

:H:H Can i video it? We could make a mint on YouToob...

Comment

Working...
                              X