Army Thread Monday 15th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagoneer;1532451 wrote: Morning all - today is the start of another heat wave/humidity wave in Philly. The city will be filled with cranky, stinky people. Good thing I work and hour and a half away, right? lol My hair will arrive at work about 10 minutes before me. Not enough product in the world to calm that mess down....

Hope everyone has a great day

Waggy
    Morning Waggers.
    That made me LOL :H.
    You should train it to get the coffee on.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

satz123;1532453 wrote: It's not acceptable though JC. He live 20 minutes from his mother & never calls. She may see him 4 times a year !
      He works 10 mins away FFS and doesn't even drop over at lunchtime or after work ....
      alko or not he should visit his mother who lives alone !:bat:
      Oh love, the best you can hope for is to catch him when he's sober and have a word with him. Once he's started you may as well talk to a door.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

RunningCourage;1532450 wrote: :wow: ...

I did like my 14% Rioja

Don't think i've EVER seen a bottle 8%
        - not here in Oireland anyhoos !:H

Comment

Wagoneer;1532451 wrote: Morning all - today is the start of another heat wave/humidity wave in Philly. The city will be filled with cranky, stinky people. Good thing I work and hour and a half away, right? lol My hair will arrive at work about 10 minutes before me. Not enough product in the world to calm that mess down....

Hope everyone has a great day

Waggy
          LOL at the hair Waggy :H:H

Comment

Rightio I'm nipping up the shops. Anyone want anything?
            Bacinalongish bit.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I am having a MAGA SKIVE here to myself :goodjob:

Comment

Which is trouble :k: 'cos I usually end up buying a bag or something stupid I don't really need :H
                Think I'll go now and attack my list of 'work things' I need to do - which is getting longer as I ignore it :upset:!

Comment

mollyka;1532566 wrote: I wonder is that down to boozing or is he just doing what a lot of men (in Ireland anyway) do --- they just don't DO the dropping in, or the social chit-chat with families, they sort of estrange themselves, and then it becomes nearly a hurdle to do a 'visit'..... I know unless I'da been in Joe's life, his mother would never have been visited - but not out of badness, just him not knowing that's what you 'do'? you know?
                  Adam has always been a dropper-outter whereas Si. never was - he's good now generally since Laura and Jamie arrived but........
                  I dunno, doesn't make it right tho.....

Woz meant to go to the bank but ended up couldn't be arsed --- bank'll be still there whenever..... hate the bastards anyhows!
                  Me maw gets upset - well, she'd never openly upset but you know it upsets her - that my wee bro doesn't call often. We see him about twice a year. He calls about twice year and that's usually prompted by his girlfriend. It's not that he doesn't like us, but hi communication skills on that wave length/level are not as mum would like them to be. Dad's a bit more laiser faire about it. On the other hand I see them a couple if times a month usually. But then I am in a different place and not just geographically (bro lives in Brighton, so it's never going to be as if we do see him regularly). It's difficult to truly assess why he isn't more communicative, or why he doesn't feel the need to touch base, as it were.... But he does seem very happy in his life so that's a good thing...

mollyka;1532572 wrote: Haha - I'm gonna have a MAGA one meself this after!!! You have NO idea what a lovely day I should have --- reckon we'll spend all day playing tag to take breaks!!!!! And a cute little green
                  right behind the library I can go with me sangwiches!!!
                  Thought you were speaking about me there :H

Comment

RunningCourage;1532583 wrote: Me maw gets upset - well, she'd never openly upset but you know it upsets her - that my wee bro doesn't call often. We see him about twice a year. He calls about twice year and that's usually prompted by his girlfriend. It's not that he doesn't like us, but hi communication skills on that wave length/level are not as mum would like them to be. Dad's a bit more laiser faire about it. On the other hand I see them a couple if times a month usually. But then I am in a different place and not just geographically (bro lives in Brighton, so it's never going to be as if we do see him regularly). It's difficult to truly assess why he isn't more communicative, or why he doesn't feel the need to touch base, as it were.... But he does seem very happy in his life so that's a good thing...

Thought you were speaking about me there :H
                    Ah yes I know D'arsey - I really don't mind my own two - and I won't pine away if they don't call ! Though DD thinks I should as a 'proper mother ':H
                    As long as I know they are ok & happy - then I am happy.

My mother is a different generation and see her peers being brought out here there & everywhere and feels sad that her sons don't do the same ! She needs company being on her own - they need to understand that. It's not about THEM now she is older ...... 83 - not quite as mobile so gets lonely at weekends. I went up there yesterday & if I hadn't she would have sat all day & night on her own...... selfish feckers !

Comment

Olla Satz Molly Tipps, Running Courage, Jackie and anyone I missed, hope you're all well and happy today, just poppin in with a random bit of info its Swithun's day and its not raining!

'St Swithun's day if thou dost rain
                      For forty days it will remain
                      St Swithun's day if thou be fair
                      For forty days 'twill rain nae mare'
                      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

sugarbeat;1532590 wrote: Olla Satz Molly Tipps, Running Courage, Jackie and anyone I missed, hope you're all well and happy today, just poppin in with a random bit of info its Swithun's day and its not raining!

'St Swithun's day if thou dost rain
                        For forty days it will remain
                        St Swithun's day if thou be fair
                        For forty days 'twill rain nae mare'
                        VERY interesting Ms Beat :schmokin:
                        My mother was always on about it years ago. For some reason I thought it was in June or is that the Three Cross Days at June Bank Holiday I think !

Comment

SKIVERVILLE IS OPEN !

Questy, Pinky, where are yiz ????
                          and
                          other lurkers :sofa:

I need someone to play with :upset::upset:

Comment

I'm here satzy :hallo:

Comment

JackieClaire;1532427 wrote: Had the weirdest fecking dream where they skived off work for 3 days and did all my house work. The real crappy stuff like cleaning the oven (Reccy) the carpets (Molls) and the windows (Joan).
                              Isn't it funny how the mind works? You've reminded me that I had a dream about satzy the night before last. Unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember what happened in it.

Comment

i had a bonkers dream last night - about seeing a bus trying to pass under a bridge that it was too tall for, smashing the roof off in the process to the horror of the passengers.

Comment

Working...
                                X