• Show
Clear All

Army Thread Tuesday 16th July

Gooooooooood morning, foksies

Have a lekker Tuesday!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tipps and al to come. Its a cloudy start but warm. The sun deserted a bit yesterday afternoon but still in mid 20's. Off to the library later to pick up a book I ordered and not much planned for today apart from household and garden work and an AA meeting this evening. 2nd coffee already here. Have a terrific Tuesday. :hallo::cupajoe:

Comment

Morning :hallo:

Comment

Marning Guys
        I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Morning army

Good to see you pinkles. How're things?

Comment

Morning Troopers

:hallo:
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Recluse;1532866 wrote: Morning army

Good to see you pinkles. How're things?
              Hiya Reccie, things are good yeah, had a massive urge to drink the other day so I'm back at AA, I haven't had a drink though but it was hard not too, how's u?
              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Good for you, Pinkles. Well thought through.

Orff to work, kettle on around 6ish pliz.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

littlepinkcat;1532872 wrote: Hiya Reccie, things are good yeah, had a massive urge to drink the other day so I'm back at AA, I haven't had a drink though but it was hard not too, how's u?
                  Well done on not caving in pinky. You're really building up your AF time aren't you? It would be a shame to break it now. All's well with me, thanks.

Comment

littlepinkcat;1532872 wrote: Hiya Reccie, things are good yeah, had a massive urge to drink the other day so I'm back at AA, I haven't had a drink though but it was hard not too, how's u?
                    Yo Pinkles :wavin:

can i ask what the urge was... the weather, everyone out having a crunchy cold beer or glass of wine in the sun... long days, BBQ's ... or summat totally different? I've been getting urges and I don;t know how much it is do with the weather and associations there of, or if i'm feeling angry/lonely at moments and just think "fuck it" what harm's it gonna do? (and then thinking, well even if it does come to harm, that'll teach them (whoever "them" are...).... a little bit of froglet's bonkers thinking.... he comes round though :H)

Comment

RunningCourage;1532876 wrote: Yo Pinkles :wavin:

can i ask what the urge was... the weather, everyone out having a crunchy cold beer or glass of wine in the sun... long days, BBQ's ... or summat totally different? I've been getting urges and I don;t know how much it is do with the weather and associations there of, or if i'm feeling angry/lonely at moments and just think "fuck it" what harm's it gonna do? (and then thinking, well even if it does come to harm, that'll teach them (whoever "them" are...).... a little bit of froglet's bonkers thinking.... he comes round though :H)
                      Well I crave it on and of and I can contain them and not give into them, but this one was different I nearly caved in, I just think its cause I like drink that much, nothing else really and my mind craves it a hell of a lot, I just have to make sure I don't give in and keep coming on here and going to AA. I stopped both for a while, so that didn't help the cravings like
                      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

mollyka;1532878 wrote: Morning Pinky!!! Well done you!! laffin at the 'teach them' mentality Arsey --- I have that too ---- 'them' could as easily be the man on the moon or the postman!!!
                        I think it MUST be the good weather and all the associations from the past that you talk about --- big fall off at AA meetings I've been to, and even up at Aftercare --- don't think necessarily they're drinking, but if you've had a support system and stop using it....... not goooooood!!!!
                        Orf to work --- laters xx
                        When I went back to AA there was 8 people all back on the drink, 7 of them not coming to meetings and still drinking and one came back and is sober now, that's enough to scare me. I'm glad I didn't give in I didn't wanna be the 9th person in our group on the drink like
                        Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Morning all. Hope everyone is well.
                          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Good morning folks :wavin:

Pinky- good to see ya and well done to ya for fighting back those urges :goodjob:

Got back late yest from the most fab time ever in Dublin
                            The gig in Phoenix Park was amazing, the atmosphere, the weather, the support bands and the main men themselves- all perfect :h Had a few urges myself as my friends and near every other begger there were all drinking their ice-cold beers whilst I had to make do with luke-warm water, but managed ok! Have blisters on soles of me feet from walking miles in not appropriate footwear but all in all feeling good. Back into work today for late shift and only working til thurs then off again- for London Sat :yay:

How are ye all?

Comment

RunningCourage;1532876 wrote: Yo Pinkles :wavin:

can i ask what the urge was... the weather, everyone out having a crunchy cold beer or glass of wine in the sun... long days, BBQ's ... or summat totally different? I've been getting urges and I don;t know how much it is do with the weather and associations there of, or if i'm feeling angry/lonely at moments and just think "fuck it" what harm's it gonna do? (and then thinking, well even if it does come to harm, that'll teach them (whoever "them" are...).... a little bit of froglet's bonkers thinking.... he comes round though :H)Aww Poor Froglet and the bonkers thinking - STOP THINKING .... I know it's difficult :l Yeah who is 'them' ???
                              littlepinkcat;1532886 wrote:
                              When I went back to AA there was 8 people all back on the drink, 7 of them not coming to meetings and still drinking and one came back and is sober now, that's enough to scare me. I'm glad I didn't give in I didn't wanna be the 9th person in our group on the drink like
                              And Pinky :l for you & :goodjob: on not caving in to the temptation. I have back-up for such times - I take an AB and then it's out of my hands & I don't have to worry about it any more for 7 days ( Molls told me that ! ) ..... works well !
                              SKIVERVILLE OPEN inkele:

Comment

Working...
                              X