X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Thursday 18th July

Recluse;1533734 wrote: Morning

Too hot!!!THANK YOU Reccie - at least we are honest
    People are going around in a lather but will not say a word - in case the sun disappears :egad:
    Let's face it - we are not used to / set up for this heat - and shouldn't be afraid to admit it ! The sun won't hold a grudge :H
    Firefox;1533738 wrote: Morning army. Hot here already. Enjoy your time off sweetpea you need the break as you have rushed off your feet lately. Everyone needs a break no matter what their job. Off to the post office to pay me bills and Aldi in Bray to get my food shopping. Prefer to go early before it gets hot. Then maybe get some time in the garden for the afternoon. Finished cleaning and clearing out my last kitchen cupboard my bathroom one and my corkboard on the kitchen wall yesterday. Its amazing how many old receipts address no's on bits of paper I had stuck on it lol. Anyway throw out stuff and wrote the addy's and no's I needed in to my address book. Still haven't been back to AA in a while I had some drinking thought days also so need to get back over the weekend. I didn't make it Tuesday as I was late home. First coffee and then shower. Have a terrific Thursday catch you all later.
    This weather Foxy will test us as we are used to sun /fun / drink
    Take your AB - then no need to 'think' any more ! :thumbsup:

RunningCourage;1533744 wrote:
    Morning from skiverville - only wan in the office here.

PP - enjoy yer last day before yer well deserved break. The thing about working as a nurse or a doc, as i see it, is that it is not just one of the most demanding jobs there is (along with a whole host others, but it is particularly demanding) but also that it is emotionally demanding too. I'm a layman, but just even parking me arse watching 24hrs in A&E makes me think - jeezus, i'd be banjaxed after a morning, let alone 20 years in the job.
    HERE HERE !!!! :goodjob:

Comment

mollyka;1533790 wrote: Too hot INDOORS - HEAVEN outside!!
      Opposite here Mollers - lovely & air conditioned in here - afraid to leave :egad:
      Feel sorry for Pregnant / Menopausal / wine slugging ladies - Jazus I remember the feckin' heat hormones / grog can produce :upset:

Comment

mollyka;1533799 wrote: God ur dead posh wit air-con! Right - best back in and face my adoring public ;-)
        Laters!
        :bow::bow:

Comment

Jacks? I hope everything went well at the funeral? it will have been bittersweet for sure? :l:l:l

Sweety? Nice one on the two weeks orf! Aren?t you going to see Mumford this weekend? Or did I remember that wrong. I know you?re orf to the Big Smoke? buy me summat noice at Harrods! After a quick squizz back at yesterdays, two words for yer feet... epsom salts.

I'm having a bugger of a time with racoons in my back yard. They're taking the mangoes off the tree and bringing them onto the deck to eat and it's a bombsite out there in the mornings. Just washed the deck off AGAIN and the fellow on the riding lawn mower comes along and covers it in bits of grass FFS...

Heading up to Marshalls for the last of me Ma's shopping then will post it all off. The postage will prolly cost as much as the gear.

I'm going on a "girls" night out tonight... to this place!

Lips Florida, The Ultimate in Drag Dining

I'm the designated driver. Last time I went to a drag show was with Starty down in Key West... we had an absolute blast!

Comment

JackieClaire;1533736 wrote: Good morning Sweetypie, Pinkles, Mollymoo (AKA The Boss), Tipperooo, Reccybear.

Well the day has arrived where we say our formal goodbyes to my most favourtist uncle in the whole wide world doubled. Although I doubt anyone of us at the funeral or who knew him will ever say good bye in our hearts.

And yes Reccy it's too hot.
            Evening lads n lassies :wavin:

Jacks just wanna say me thoughts are with you:l Hope today went as well as a funeral can xx

Jeez, it aint half hot here, feels so good to get the 'ol uniform off and not hafta worry bout donning it for another while! Came home with the chemist shop to try mend me blistered feet!!

How are yis all? Out enjoying the lovely evening?

Comment

Zenstyle;1533817 wrote: Jacks? I hope everything went well at the funeral? it will have been bittersweet for sure? :l:l:l

Sweety? Nice one on the two weeks orf! Aren?t you going to see Mumford this weekend? Or did I remember that wrong. I know you?re orf to the Big Smoke? buy me summat noice at Harrods! After a quick squizz back at yesterdays, two words for yer feet... epsom salts.

I'm having a bugger of a time with racoons in my back yard. They're taking the mangoes off the tree and bringing them onto the deck to eat and it's a bombsite out there in the mornings. Just washed the deck off AGAIN and the fellow on the riding lawn mower comes along and covers it in bits of grass FFS...

Heading up to Marshalls for the last of me Ma's shopping then will post it all off. The postage will prolly cost as much as the gear.

I'm going on a "girls" night out tonight... to this place!

Lips Florida, The Ultimate in Drag Dining

I'm the designated driver. Last time I went to a drag show was with Starty down in Key West... we had an absolute blast!
              Bloody cheek of them racoons Zen- stealing yer mangoes! Is there anything you can use to deter them?

Hope ye enjoy the girls night out- sounds like fun indeed

Comment

A little check in with some major news: details are having to be finalized but it looks like my move is permanent - my mother won't see sense and it's been agreed with my fiances family I need to be safe. I will be hopefully arranging for this to happen over the coming week, but obviously this whole situation is a massive upheaval and really quite upsetting. I am unlikely to be around with any gret frequency over the coming weeks. hope alls well

sending JC my best for the funeral, hope all went as well as possible

-inchy
                I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

InChains;1533869 wrote: A little check in with some major news: details are having to be finalized but it looks like my move is permanent - my mother won't see sense and it's been agreed with my fiances family I need to be safe. I will be hopefully arranging for this to happen over the coming week, but obviously this whole situation is a massive upheaval and really quite upsetting. I am unlikely to be around with any gret frequency over the coming weeks. hope alls well

-inchy
                  Ah Inchy:l Sorry to hear that yer Mam aint being supportive. Your safety is the most important thing though and Im glad that yer fianc? and his family are giving you that shelter and support. I can only imagine though how upsetting the whole thing is for you:l
                  Apologies as this may be totally out of order on my part but methinks you're far better off away from your family at present.

Stay safe and take care, thoughts are with you and don't forget we care about you here xx

Comment

InChains;1533869 wrote: A little check in with some major news: details are having to be finalized but it looks like my move is permanent - my mother won't see sense and it's been agreed with my fiances family I need to be safe. I will be hopefully arranging for this to happen over the coming week, but obviously this whole situation is a massive upheaval and really quite upsetting. I am unlikely to be around with any gret frequency over the coming weeks. hope alls well

-inchy
                    Ah hello Inchy - :l:l glad to hear it. It is a big upheaval but it needs to be done.
                    Please take care of yourself and check in when you can. We'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear how you are getting on. XXX

Comment

Firefox;1533738 wrote: Morning army. Hot here already. Enjoy your time off sweetpea you need the break as you have rushed off your feet lately. Everyone needs a break no matter what their job. Off to the post office to pay me bills and Aldi in Bray to get my food shopping. Prefer to go early before it gets hot. Then maybe get some time in the garden for the afternoon. Finished cleaning and clearing out my last kitchen cupboard my bathroom one and my corkboard on the kitchen wall yesterday. Its amazing how many old receipts address no's on bits of paper I had stuck on it lol. Anyway throw out stuff and wrote the addy's and no's I needed in to my address book. Still haven't been back to AA in a while I had some drinking thought days also so need to get back over the weekend. I didn't make it Tuesday as I was late home. First coffee and then shower. Have a terrific Thursday catch you all later.:hallo::cupajoe::toohot:
                      Hey Foxy Those drinking thoughts are never far away eh? I do think with this weather, bbq's, beer gardens etc... the drink is more in yer face as such and I know for me it is a tad difficult watching others partake and enjoy a few cold ones whilst I abstain, but then I remember why I choose to abstain!! I cant enjoy just a 'few'!!
                      Also think it shows progress when we are aware of the thoughts now- instead of just being on 'automatic pilot' and rushing to down our drink of choice we can view those thoughts simply for what they are - just 'thoughts'. Hope ye can get to a meeting if they help you, or come here and just type out your thoughts:l

Comment

Yo Doc Satz :hiya:

Comment

Sorry your mum isn't being very helpful inchy, but I think you're doing absolutely the right thing under the circumstances. Do what you have to do to be safe. I completely agree with peapie and satzy's comments. Keep in touch when you're able to. :l

Hiya piddler and satzy! :hallo:

Comment

Hey Reccie :hiya: How are you doing? Cooled down any?

Comment

sweetpea29;1533877 wrote: Hey Reccie :hiya: How are you doing? Cooled down any?
                              Noooo...still too hot! My clock/thermometer thingummy says it's still 29 degrees indoors, so I may have to go outside to cool off for a while.

Bet you're pleased to be off for a whole fortnight! How long is your working week? You seem to put in a heck of a lot of hours. And when're you setting off to London?

Comment

Evening all.

You know my lovely, Incheroo, we're never far away. So post when you can and keep us updated.

Wonderful ceremony, but crikey we didn't half laugh and didn't half cry. It was standing room only and some people had to stand outside. Never seen that before.
                                Music was Love me Tender (Elvis), Time to Say Goodbye (Pavorotti) and the final song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydfH7iuLR0I[/video]]All You Need Is Love - The Beatles lyrics - YouTube
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X