Army Thread Friday 19th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:waving: Tippers, Reccy, Foxy and Sweety!

Comment

Zenstyle;1534268 wrote: I know exactly what you mean. If it was me, I'd be spending the day decompressing today and I'd be very quiet, not wanting to be bothered really. That's the effect these things have on me... they make me go hermit. :l:l:l
      Exactly. I've just pootled about, had a nice long nanna nap.

Got another biggy Sunday at the airport when we see my cousin, wife and Boston Babes back off home to the US.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Recluse;1534264 wrote: Hiya! It's actually not unbearably hot zenny...about 29C indoors. I can live with that. No air-confitioning or fans though. And yep, there's loads of grub in the freezer now. Do you reckon it'll be safe to leave it there with Sweety and Jacks around?

If you've ice cream and lollies it is a decidedly loud, resounding NO it is not safe!

What food did you get? Remember we discussed all the ins and outs of your freezer or lack thereof... so I'm emotionally invested in this thing! :H :new:

p.s. Get a stand up fan... you won't regret it... I pinky swear...

(Should I become a personal shopper?)

Comment

JackieClaire;1534271 wrote: Exactly. I've just pootled about, had a nice long nanna nap.

Got another biggy Sunday at the airport when we see my cousin, wife and Boston Babes back off home to the US.
          Ahh yeah... I forgot about that. Monday brings a whole new week and you'll be feeling better in yourself by then I reckon. It IS hard though... grief is very unpredictable too... comes out in ways you don't expect sometimes. It's good you're dealing with it head on... that will stop it going pear shaped in your mind.

Comment

I only want to put my feet in it. Does it have a custom made foot drawer.

Actually can't believe that my consumption of ice cream has gone up. It's not even on the top 10 of favourite foods.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1534274 wrote: I only want to put my feet in it. Does it have a custom made foot drawer.

Actually can't believe that my consumption of ice cream has gone up. It's not even on the top 10 of favourite foods.
              Do YOU have a fan???

Nobody ever listens to moi... I'm off to get pichers of wot yiz need over there just now...

Comment

THERE! Get at least one of those. I used to have them in Antibes when I lived there and turned my Ma on to them. They make all the difference keeping the house cool...

Comment

JackieClaire;1534271 wrote: Exactly. I've just pootled about, had a nice long nanna nap.

Take care of yourself Jacks- sounds a very emotional time:l

Zenstyle;1534272 wrote: If you've ice cream and lollies it is a decidedly loud, resounding NO it is not safe!

What food did you get? Remember we discussed all the ins and outs of your freezer or lack thereof... so I'm emotionally invested in this thing!

p.s. Get a stand up fan... you won't regret it... I pinky swear...

(Should I become a personal shopper?)
                  Yo Zenny yer sooo right, course his freezer contents wont be safe!! I'd love a personal shopper- haven't a clue esp. when buying clothes!

Comment

Zenstyle;1534275 wrote: Do YOU have a fan???
                    I have so many fans I have to beat them off with a stick.............

oops you mean these kinds.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

sweetpea29;1534277 wrote:
                      Yo Zenny yer sooo right, course his freezer contents wont be safe!! I'd love a personal shopper- haven't a clue esp. when buying clothes!
                      Well, I have a pile to send to me Mam, Aunty and one cousin... we'll see how good I did. If I did bad I won't hear shite about where they wore the stuff. If I did good... I'll get a news feed... :H

I'm so-so with buying clothes... have made some major blunders in the past, usually when it was "too good a price to pass up"...

Comment

JackieClaire;1534278 wrote: I have so many fans I have to beat them off with a stick.............

oops you mean these kinds.

:H:H:H

Smart arse!

So ye have at least one fan then?!

Comment

Yes we have a fan, but we have no idea where the fecker is. It hasn't been used that much in the last 5 or 6 years.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening Zen Jc Sweetpea and anyone else around. I have one of those small desktop type fans. I use in my bedroom mostly in the evenings to cool down to sleep. So you lived in Antibibes Zen? Wow you did some travelling. The package will probably cost more or as much as the clothes you're sending if the costs are anything like over here. good for you for sending the parcels to them.

Comment

JackieClaire;1534289 wrote: Yes we have a fan, but we have no idea where the fecker is. It hasn't been used that much in the last 5 or 6 years.
                              Time to lewk for it methinks... bet the weather will be hot for a bit on and off.

How is Sir Pee doing with his hip? Cheryl seems to be doing really well but she's getting cranky and bored.

Comment

Firefox;1534292 wrote: Evening Zen Jc Sweetpea and anyone else around. I have one of those small desktop type fans. I use in my bedroom mostly in the evenings to cool down to sleep. So you lived in Antibibes Zen? Wow you did some travelling. The package will probably cost more or as much as the clothes you're sending if the costs are anything like over here. good for you for sending the parcels to them.
                                Yeah... lived there for 7 years full time and summers for another 7 years. Went to the Caribbean in the winters with the yachts for the last 7... it's called doing "double seasons"... hard work for all concerned but it made the spudulikas to fill the coffers.

I had one of those desktop ones too. I always sleep with a fan... have one attached to the bedroom ceiling!

Aye, I should have gone to the P.O. today but I've been a lazy wee shite... haven't done bugger all except housework... and now I'm thinking of ordering in for dinner if I don't go out! :wow: I'll make up for my slothfulness tomorrow lol

Comment

Working...
                                X