Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Friday 19th July

Hiya MrD'Arsey :hiya:

Can empathise with you on screaming youngsters!! Have been relaxing out me back- listening to the birds and bees, enjoying the sun and my neighbours land home with their two little 'darlings' - peace shattered:H Ah well....was time to come in anyhows afore I roast anymore! Need to start packing too- don't like that job :no:

Have ye any plans for yer weekend?

Never mind baked Alaska- yrs since had that tho!
    More importantly- Has Reccie any room in th'on freezer for a roasted redhead?!

Reccie- was wondering what are ye pruning this time of year? And do ye know the 'Boss' is actually here tonight?- doing a gig in town- wouldn't have minded seeing him...

Jacks- think might invest in a paddling pool of me own if this weather keeps up!!

Yeah MrT :woot: for the weekend - hope ye get a chance to chillax xx

Comment

:wow3:mgmg

The Boss is over your way, Sweety. Saw him a couple of times and gawd that's a hell of a night out. I am not worthy.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening army

RunningCourage;1534218 wrote: Sweltering. Can deal with that. The little sister from next door with the piercing scream that makes me simultaneously nauseus while giving me a headache isn't so ... uhm ... welcoming. Not dealing with that quite as well.
        Remember that feeling if you ever start having thoughts of becoming a father arsey. Just saying...

sweetpea29;1534231 wrote: Never mind baked Alaska- yrs since had that tho!
        More importantly- Has Reccie any room in th'on freezer for a roasted redhead?!.
        Well, it might not be easy to get the door to close properly but I'm sure we'll manage somehow

sweetpea29;1534231 wrote:
        Reccie- was wondering what are ye pruning this time of year?
        I haven't a feckin' clue sweetie. It's green and it grows! If and when I manage to string together a few hours of sobriety and I'm in the mood for getting things done, I have to take full advantage. Can't wait until autumn or whenever to do the pruning or it might not get done.

sweetpea29;1534231 wrote:
        And do ye know the 'Boss' is actually here tonight?- doing a gig in town- wouldn't have minded seeing him...
        No I didn't...but I do now. He must be getting on a bit, actually.

Comment

Just had a squizz back at yesterday’s… Inchy, if you check in, I’m glad you’re moving to your fiance’s parents… it’s a really good idea imho. The bedlam in your mum’s house doesn’t do you one bit of good… how could it? I’m sure you’re very sad at your mum not being supportive and I hope you can come to accept that’s just the way she is and get on with living your life now hon… XXX

I’m glad the funeral went well Jacks. They take a lot out of you though. I’ve missed a good few I should have been at because I’m over this side and, though it sounds bad, I count myself lucky for that. I’m a blubbering wreck at funerals… as soon as they mention something about the person off go the waterworks… ( Anyway, I’m glad it was a good turn-out and it sounds like it was a lovely ceremony with some laughs in amongst the sadness… XXX

anon;1534057 wrote:
          2 daughters 1 partner 1 baby 1 toddler and in half an hours time 2 schoolchidren

So I am out the door ASAP:H
          Feck's sakes... will they not just LEAVE HOME already?!!! Buy a smaller house Whizzy... reckon it's going to be the only thing that will work. Hope you had a good day notwithstanding... :l

JackieClaire;1534074 wrote:
          Mine tooooooo! (After Diva of course...)

After checking the Tranny website to see what their other shows are about, I discover the one tranny I was yakking with is the Head Tranny. A tranny amongst trannies as it were. I’m heartened to see that I have a good choice in trannies… straight to the top of the pile, me. ;o) Ya know, I was shamed sitting there with my flat hair and not as much as a bit of eyeshadow on! Most of the time I can’t be arsed spending 15 minutes doing my hair right and putting on make-up and these guys must be at it for hours every day… thank Gawd I’m not a tranny. ;o)

Reccy... are yer still roasting? 31C here today which is quite cool for this time of year. There's air conditioning everywhere though so it makes a big difference that we’re equipped for the high temps. Have you got fans? They make a huge difference. And did ye get the grub for the new freezer?! Not that there's much space left with Sweety and Jacks in there...

Comment

He's 63. Well within my age range.

Sir Pee uses the hedge trimmer to prune. 20 minutes going at it hammer and tongs at the roses and believe it or not they're bewdiful each year.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1534255 wrote:
              Sir Pee uses the hedge trimmer to prune. 20 minutes going at it hammer and tongs at the roses and believe it or not they're bewdiful each year.

Took me a feckin arvo to prune back the hibiscus hedges. I tried the trimmer first but it was too shite for the job... Sir Pee must have a nice big one. (Trimmer that is...) :H

Comment

Evening army another hot day here also. Went to the library this morning to pick up a dvd I ordered called hope springs and while there I gto a box set of season 1 to 3 of Shameless so a few dvds to watch in the evenings. Sat out in the back and roasted again but put enough sunscreen on not to burn. Got very hot tho. I have never seen Bruce Springsteen in concert wud luv to but it was expensive and sold out quick when he was down this way. I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend tipps and the rest of the army. Have a lovely trip peapie. My brother called earlier and put the new blade on my lawn mower so that's a job over the weekend cutting the grass and hedges back. Off to get dinner and watch Corrie so be back later.:television: Oh the tranny show souned great fun Zen glad you all had a ball.

Comment

Just saw this on FB. Big thank you to Mrs Byrdie of the Newbies Nest.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Yo Zennifer and FoxyLoxy.

Zenstyle;1534256 wrote:

Took me a feckin arvo to prune back the hibiscus hedges. I tried the trimmer first but it was too shite for the job... Sir Pee must have a nice big one. (Trimmer that is...) :H
                    Now that would be telling.

I'm actually worn out today after the funeral. The high emotions took it out of me, thank God I wasn't in the drink all day.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:l JC :l
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Recluse;1534249 wrote: Evening army

Remember that feeling if you ever start having thoughts of becoming a father arsey. Just saying...

Well, it might not be easy to get the door to close properly but I'm sure we'll manage somehow

I haven't a feckin' clue sweetie. It's green and it grows! If and when I manage to string together a few hours of sobriety and I'm in the mood for getting things done, I have to take full advantage. Can't wait until autumn or whenever to do the pruning or it might not get done.

No I didn't...but I do now. He must be getting on a bit, actually.
                        :H I get yer logic on the pruning Reccie!
                        Tis ok- plenty a room in the freezer now as I've cooled down a tad! Can we have choc n nut cornettos please?

JackieClaire;1534255 wrote: He's 63. Well within my age range.

Yeah, he's only a young ting Jacks Where'd you see him before?
                        Might be seeking yer wisdom re pruning roses when the time comes if ye don't mind?

Zenstyle;1534256 wrote:

Took me a feckin arvo to prune back the hibiscus hedges. I tried the trimmer first but it was too shite for the job... Sir Pee must have a nice big one. (Trimmer that is...)
                        :H:H

Hiya Zenny and Foxy :hiya:

Comment

And MrT :hiya:

Comment

Zenstyle;1534254 wrote: Reccy... are yer still roasting? 31C here today which is quite cool for this time of year. There's air conditioning everywhere though so it makes a big difference that we’re equipped for the high temps. Have you got fans? They make a huge difference. And did ye get the grub for the new freezer?! Not that there's much space left with Sweety and Jacks in there...
                            Hiya! It's actually not unbearably hot zenny...about 29C indoors. I can live with that. No air-confitioning or fans though. And yep, there's loads of grub in the freezer now. Do you reckon it'll be safe to leave it there with Sweety and Jacks around?

Evening foxy

Comment

sweetpea29;1534262 wrote:
                              Yeah, he's only a young ting Jacks Where'd you see him before?
                              Might be seeking yer wisdom re pruning roses when the time comes if ye don't mind?
                              At the City Hall, Nooocastle. Not a huge place. So close you could see the sweat coming off his guitar. He had Clarence and Nils Lofren with him then. I think it may have been about 200 years ago.

Gawd roses are Sir Pee's department. I do sweetpeas and runner beans and of course I'm now a virtuoso of tomato growing. I now have at least 7.

Yo there Tippers, ta for the :l, right back atcha.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1534259 wrote:
                                I'm actually worn out today after the funeral. The high emotions took it out of me, thank God I wasn't in the drink all day.
                                I know exactly what you mean. If it was me, I'd be spending the day decompressing today and I'd be very quiet, not wanting to be bothered really. That's the effect these things have on me... they make me go hermit. :l:l:l

Comment

Working...
                                X