Army Thread Tuesday 23rd July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweetpea29;1535779 wrote: :H Yeah the big Bridget Jones pants are back! tis all that fit me now after the weekend Back to slimming world for this girl methinks!

How are ya Mr D'Arsey? What ya mulling over? Tell me to p off if being too nosey xx
    Not nosey at all.. just mulling over zenny's post tbh...

And how i need to think less... the peace with oneself point by Molls strikes a chord (currently the chord is discordant, but i am working on amending the harmony )

Comment

mollyka;1535781 wrote: Pantypie!!! Great to see you back!!! Did you see the Queen?:H
      We missed you:l
      :H Oh aye Molls- she had me in for tea so she did!!!

Missed ya too:l

Comment

sweetpea29;1535786 wrote:

Again, Molls sorry yer going through a tough time at present:l Suppose at least ye are aware of not feeling at ease or 'peace' and willing to get up and do summat about it like going to AA or aftercare? Hope ye get some peace soon tho xx
        Ditto here Brigadier. :l:l

Comment

Inchers - good to hear your living conditions is easing a bit for the present.

You got an aim there over the next 7 weeks afore you move to get a new hold on the drink n pot. Hmmm.... my advice would be (and others may disagree) is give yourself a reasonable/doable target. Maybe not the full quit??? Maybe just drinking particular evenings/times (only out; after 7pm; on Fridays/Saturdays only) or cutting down - one drink at x time ... and get that good... then then think about AF from there. Just a thought... Look after yourself hun. :l

Comment

thanks arsey, good advice

n re: withdrawing from people, i only speak to my fiance now, i don't even have anybodies numbers, not on forums, not on facebook socially... i dunno just a thought but seems i'm missing something in life eh?
            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

mollyka;1535794 wrote: Well - if all I've learnt is true in the last while, then using the phone and talking to people is really really important ---- so if it's only a habit you've got out of ---- make yourself get back into it...... literally --- set yourself a target - as in, ring someone every day, or every week or whatever WAS your norm. and it'll become your norm again ---- apparently it's real good to do ---- I just can't
              Now ---- the other bit's ---- I think you have a 'syndrome' there ---- and it's called 'man syndrome' ----- precisely the difference between ordinary men and women that is extremely damaging to men imo ---- they don't like discussing the 'small things' the 'moany things' - they seem to think it makes them less manly or something ---- that's not a slur on you - I used to see it in Joe and I love him dearly!!! However, men in recovery that I've met, have discovered that it IS the little things that can trip them up ---- bottling them all up ---- becomes one big huge GAZZUMP in your belly ---- and eventually BAM ------- the men in AA whinge JUST as much as the women ---- and it's GREAT ---- IT'S A GOOD THING TO DOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Trust me on this one Arsey ----- just like you've to ring someone every day ---- so too you HAVE to moan here at LEAST once a day ----- RIGHT!!!!

I'll be fine Sweety ---- the awareness of it is the essential part ---- I know I'll be fine. It just sits uncomfortably with me. A bloke at AA said tonight that he knows his head isn't in the right place by his attitude on the roads when he's driving ---- well, I know when mine isn't right when I can't concentrate on reading...... weird!!!!!
              Did you love your trip?
              Ahh... thank you Molls.... Very good to stuff to take to me leaba with - good thoughts indeed. And i do get the man thing - totally.

Will see youse at breakfast with a wee moan

Gotta hit the hay tonight now... sleep well folks when you get there ... have a good natter!

:bedtime:

Comment

RunningCourage;1535785 wrote: Not bollix at all... It's not easy, it's all quite complex - we need to be aware of how we interact with, or importantly what we choose to divulge about out lives, others - even on an anonymous forum... and many of us know to do this naturally. But sometimes (and this is something different perhaps?) some of us might not want to just go bleh, cos we're having a shite day for whatever reason because we don't feel it's worth mentioning, we don't want to sound moany, we don't to burden peeps with our own negativity or downness/pissed off ness etc etc. .. so we just keep it bottled up. But even these little things, the more they are bottled, the more they could potentially become volatile. If the lava is left to build inside a volcano, cooking away... it's gonna have to blow, have a meltdown of some description... or it could eat away at itself from the inside...

as for phoning... och... i just got out of the habit with it... and prolly something i'm making a mountain out of. It aint even a mole hill prolly!
                mollyka;1535794 wrote:
                Well - if all I've learnt is true in the last while, then using the phone and talking to people is really really important ---- so if it's only a habit you've got out of ---- make yourself get back into it...... literally --- set yourself a target - as in, ring someone every day, or every week or whatever WAS your norm. and it'll become your norm again ---- apparently it's real good to do ---- I just can't
                Now ---- the other bit's ---- I think you have a 'syndrome' there ---- and it's called 'man syndrome' ----- precisely the difference between ordinary men and women that is extremely damaging to men imo ---- they don't like discussing the 'small things' the 'moany things' - they seem to think it makes them less manly or something ---- that's not a slur on you - I used to see it in Joe and I love him dearly!!! However, men in recovery that I've met, have discovered that it IS the little things that can trip them up ---- bottling them all up ---- becomes one big huge GAZZUMP in your belly ---- and eventually BAM ------- the men in AA whinge JUST as much as the women ---- and it's GREAT ---- IT'S A GOOD THING TO DOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Trust me on this one Arsey ----- just like you've to ring someone every day ---- so too you HAVE to moan here at LEAST once a day ----- RIGHT!!!!

I'll be fine Sweety ---- the awareness of it is the essential part ---- I know I'll be fine. It just sits uncomfortably with me. A bloke at AA said tonight that he knows his head isn't in the right place by his attitude on the roads when he's driving ---- well, I know when mine isn't right when I can't concentrate on reading...... weird!!!!!
                Did you love your trip?
                Brain on a big go slow lads (even more than usual), but MrD- that advice from Molls is spot-on as always!! If yis don't mind-iz gonna steal it for meself too?! Please don't be afraid of letting yer moans out here even if they seem silly/minor to you- get them off yer chest so to speak:l

Molls- you will be fine its just not nice to think of ye or any of the others here going through tough times- but suppose that's the nature of life and living...
                Yeah had a great time- just not long enough, baby bro back here now for a week so hafta do a bit of spoiling since he was so good to me

Gonna head on to me leaba now- see yis tomorrow xx

Comment

molly: would be nice to feel i had a friend to call when all this kicked off other than the wife, but i haven't any other relationships in my life except family. ot a fan of phones for anything, but maybe i should have more people in my life?

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

night molly, think i can relate to that alot,nice to hear it's not just me

Comment

Working...
                    X