Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 29th July

Goooooood morning, Army

Had a surprisingly good sleep for a Sunday night. Managed to avoid a nanna nap, so that helped. Bonus: three meals for the week cooked and frozen, which should make my evenings more relaxed.

Have a lekker Monday, all!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Mornin' Tipster and all / anyone to come

Comment

Mornin'

Comment

Hi molly

How're things with you today?

Comment

mollyka;1537700 wrote: Hi reccie --- just taking control back here tbh - it's been a truly horrible weekend - I can't remember the last time I was so upset by anything - like the 'upsets' that used to happen here with 'drinking incidents' -- I cannot continue like this - so I've done what I can and Joe is taking over from tonight - he's off for the next week.
          Joey's out of his big fancy bedroom and back into the little small one he used to be in - two bedrooms being reclaimed - he's going to hand up proper money into the house - the mates are banned after midnight - and if he doesn't like the above he has to leave and get a flat --- bald as that!!
          I feckin HATE nastiness goin on around me in the house, but this needs to be done.... yuck!!!
          I'm ok tho
          How are you?
          r
          That all sounds very sensible to me molly, not that I know the first thing about how to lay down the law to a 19 yr old. Actually, I think you're being very reasonable in even allowing Joey's mates to stay until midnight sometimes. It's good that Joe'll be around to help maintain order this week though. It must've been a very unpleasant surprise to wake up to all those "guests" yesterday. Maybe if Joey had warned you in advance it might have lessened the shock a little? Actually, I couldn't help wondering how you managed to sleep through it all. And yeah..it can't be nice having nastiness in the house. Hopefully that'll blow over sooner rather than later. Glad you're ok!

I'm fine thanks, got absolutely nothing to complain about although I wouldn't have minded an extra hour's kip. There...I did find something to complain about!

Comment

Good morning Tippperoooo, Reccybear, Satzuma, Molly 'taking back control' moooooo,

Well done to you and Joe. Great to see you working as a team.

I was in bed by 10pm last night, came over all not very well at all. All woozy and dizzy and just fecking worn out.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1537705 wrote: Good morning Tippperoooo, Reccybear, Satzuma, Molly 'taking back control' moooooo,

Well done to you and Joe. Great to see you working as a team.

I was in bed by 10pm last night, came over all not very well at all. All woozy and dizzy and just fecking worn out.
              Good morning Jackie

Sorry about the not feeling very well...are you any better this morning? You're up early!

Comment

mollyka;1537707 wrote: Ahhhh - we'll get you moaning like a good thing if you keep hangin round here:H
                No - no advance warning would have been ok yesterday - Joe doesn't understand this bit - but the fact these 'friends' were all complete strangers to me just made it worse -- Joey seems to be moving on from group to group of pals --- screaming of addictive behaviour to me.......
                The men in AA yesterday seemed to agree with me on that one - bit like 'geographical' change that addicts do --- you know, you've burnt all your bridges and run out of 'drinking' or 'drugging' mates ---- so you move on......we'll see.
                Once Joe sticks to his guns on this one - he's become a big soft lummux in latter years

Gawd Molls, now I hear that I think you managed wonderfully. I would have keeeeeeeeeeeellllllled them.

mollyka;1537707 wrote:

Ah you poor love --- what was it? Just worn out or is there more??
                Mind you - I was in bed last night before 9!!!!!!
                Just worn out emotionally. It doesn't matter how many times I think about the lovely times we had with my uncle. The fact he's not here any more comes over me in waves.

The wooziness and nausea seem to part and parcel of when I get over emotional.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1537707 wrote: No - no advance warning would have been ok yesterday - Joe doesn't understand this bit - but the fact these 'friends' were all complete strangers to me just made it worse -- Joey seems to be moving on from group to group of pals --- screaming of addictive behaviour to me.......
                  Yep...I can definitely understand how the fact that the friends were complete strangers would have exacerbated the situation molls. And yeah, I can see how you would be worried about Joey changing his friends like that too. Hope you and joe can find ways to improve the situation.

JackieClaire;1537711 wrote:
                  Just worn out emotionally. It doesn't matter how many times I think about the lovely times we had with my uncle. The fact he's not here any more comes over me in waves.

The wooziness and nausea seem to part and parcel of when I get over emotional.
                  :l:l:l

Comment

Good morning Army.

Well done Joe and hope things improve quickly Molly

Grief is a strange thing it causes so many reactions Jackie:l

Hiya Reccie with the wonderful words of wisdom:goodjob:

How are things Tips?

Off to the track and on to Chester back later

Comment

mollyka;1537712 wrote: Very understandable - and very normal in grief imo --- and if you recognise it as such - it doesn't seem as overpowering --- I know after Mum died, I didn't - I just felt so shite and miserable all the time - it seemed like there was no alternative to drinking to alleviate how I felt..... just be gentle with yourself yeah??
                      Best be thinkin of breakfast ---- had no appetite yesterday but starvin-marvin today -- need to gird my loins for another week in Garristown:H
                      Aye, I drank away the grief with my Pa. TBH thought it was the normal thing to do.

Think I need a few days away. Get yer tent out, Reccy, I'm on me way.

Apart from when my Ma was feeding me or spooning it into my mouth I've never really eaten breakfast.

Mind you when I was drinking I didn't eat lunch or dinner either.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sorry Satz nearly did not see you XXXX Good morning

Comment

Yoooooo hoooo Our Whizzy,

You're right grief affects us all differently. I keep catching Mr JC shedding a few tears for him. They were proper best mates.

I :h Chester. Mr JC did his Law exams down there. Haven't been for an age.

Nice bit of boiled gammon tonight.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

anon;1537716 wrote: Good morning Army.
                            :hallo:

Comment

mollyka;1537724 wrote: It's funny the different cuts of meat we have and ye have - don't really have 'gammon' here -- is it the same as fillet of ham? And I often see recipes for 'skirt steak' and there's some other prime cut of beef - can't remember the name of it - that ye have that either we call differently or it's just cut differently --- interesting it is! Have my shin beef simmering away anyhows and it's gonna be DELISH!!!!
                              Yes, although I had to go google it.

Had to google skirt as well and it's come up with flank. Still none the wiser.

Reccy where is you?
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                              X