• Show
Clear All

Army Thread Wednesday 31st July

But we love her. :h
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

My little shit brought up a furball on my very light-coloured carpet this morning so she's in my bad books for the day. I comb her twice a day to avoid this sort of thing FFS!

Comment

Gawd I'd forgotten about cats and furballs.:eeew: Not the most glamorous thing a cat can ever do.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

How do all from the bowels of the workhouse :hiya:
          Sorry Zenners - I am on here most days but not sure why I missed yer post. Apologies but sometimes with the timezones - you are gone by the time we come here.
          Like now for instance you are gone to the leaba ?
          So if I responded would you read back ?? - and when I think of it YES YOU WOULD.
          So sorry again :upset:
          and ..............

NO!!! :no:
          YOU ARE NOT BORING
          OR
          MOANY
          ( anyhoo we enjoyed wallowing in other misery - you KNOW that ):H

Comment

JackieClaire;1538398 wrote: Morning Molls,

Ach the foots fine at this time of day, it's later on that I start limping.
            I'll dig out the very fetching boot that DD had !!!!

Comment

Zenstyle;1538259 wrote: I've made a bit of a life decision... I'm going to start buying pretty much all organic fruit, veg, eggs and grass fed meat. I've been pondering over it for a month and after talking to some people the last few days I've decided this is it. It's going to be a pain in the arse as I'll have to travel further to shops and probably once a week to a farm for fruit & veg... and it'll be more expensive also... but I'm going to give it a crack and see how I feel in 6 months time. If I feel more energetic and healthier then I'll stick with it. The GMO nonsense over here is out of control and I really don't feel like getting a major disease from their genetically botched-up shite and pesticides. :upset: Would be just my luck... get away with the boozing only to be tripped up by feckin veggies and Frankenwheat.

I took all the mangoes off my tree yesterday because of those bloody racoons. Now I'm looking for people to give them to! LOL That tree is more hassle than it's worth...
              That's quite a big decision zennifer. It's not easy to eliminate all the "bad things" from our diet because they're absolutely everywhere. Don't forget that even at this stage you're probably still eliminating toxins from your body as a result of giving up the booze, so you may feel better in 6 months time anyway, but aiming for an entirely organic diet has to be a good thing if you're willing to make the effort. Must admit that the cost of the organic stuff puts me off buying it usually, but I like the idea in principle. Over here the GMO stuff is used mainly for animal feed, so we don't have to worry about that particular issue as much as you do, but the whole GMO thing makes me nervous. Let us know how you get on with the new approach.

BTW, there are lots of different ways to protect trees from animals. This article has a few ideas:

How to Protect Fruit Trees from Squirrels, Raccoons and Birds | eHow

Comment

Morning satzuma in the bowels of the workhouse :hallo:

Comment

satz123;1538411 wrote: I'll dig out the very fetching boot that DD had !!!!
                  oooooh it'll go so well with the Hunter welly on me other foot.

Dead jealous, Molls.

Just waiting for Sir Pee, rather fortuitous that he has to have his last hip x-ray today. We can hold handies in the waiting room.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1538419 wrote:
                    Going to a luberly hotel tomorrow night in Monaghan --- hopefully mebbe on the bike --- all excited I am --- leisure centre, outdoor hot-tub --- the works!!! I NEED to get away from this house!!!!!!!!
                    That sounds perfect molls. Just what the doctor ordered! :goodjob:

Comment

Mornin' Army :hallo:

Still half asleep here....

Jacks - jeez hope yer foot aint broken uch:

Reccie- I know nuffin bout GMO, but if it's in animal feed, would we not be ingesting it through eating meat? How would we know what animals have been fed it? Got me wondering?!

Hiya MrT, MrsA, Zenny, Molls, Satzy, UKB and all :hiya:

Thinking bout MrD'Arsey too and hoping he's doing ok xx

Comment

sweetpea29;1538427 wrote: Mornin' Army :hallo:

Still half asleep here....

Reccie- I know nuffin bout GMO, but if it's in animal feed, would we not be ingesting it through eating meat? How would we know what animals have been fed it? Got me wondering?!
                        Morning sleepypea

I don't think it automatically follows that we would be eating GM meat if the animal has been fed on GMO feed, but I don't know for sure. I'm quite ignorant on the subject. Maybe zenners can enlighten us later?

We would only know if an animal has been fed GMO feed if the meat is labelled as such, but labelling isn't compulsory in the EU. This article has some information about the policies of the major supermarkets in respect of GM feed for animals:

GeneWatch UK - GM crops and foods in Britain and Europe

Comment

Recluse;1538438 wrote: Morning sleepypea

I don't think it automatically follows that we eould be eating GM meat if the animal has been fed on GMO feed, but I don't know for sure. I'm quite ignorant on the subject. Maybe zenners can enlighten us later?

We would only know if an animal has been fed GMO feed if the meat is labelled as such, but labelling isn't compulsory in the EU. This article has some information about the policies of the major supermarkets in respect of GM feed for animals:

GeneWatch UK - GM crops and foods in Britain and Europe
                          Ello again.

I think the chemicals are all up there in the atmosphere anyway, but organic does taste better, just doesn't come ready peeled and scrubbed.

Thing is if you travel further do you then pollute the atmosphere more and thus negate the overall benefit?
                          I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Just a quickie. Nothing broken, just soft tissue. Got an elastic doo daa on foot and ankle. Rest and painkillers and see my GP next week.

Mr JC's hip is where it should be and he's grand.

If you're out there D'Arsey, just give us a wee wave.

Bit of lunch now.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1538466 wrote: Just a quickie. Nothing broken, just soft tissue. Got an elastic doo daa on foot and ankle. Rest and painkillers and see my GP next week.

Mr JC's hip is where it should be and he's grand.

If you're out there D'Arsey, just give us a wee wave.

Bit of lunch now.
                              I don't hold with elastic doo dahs, often do more harm than good. Did you ice it when whatever it was happened?
                              I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

JackieClaire;1538466 wrote: Just a quickie. Nothing broken, just soft tissue. Got an elastic doo daa on foot and ankle. Rest and painkillers and see my GP next week.

Glad to hear you're going to survive :l

And of course it means I can retract my retraction. Satzuma IS a prophetess of DOOM.

:wavin: UKB
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X