Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Wednesday 31st July

tiptronic_ct;1538498 wrote: Glad to hear you're going to survive :l

And of course it means I can retract my retraction. Satzuma IS a prophetess of DOOM.

:wavin: UKB
    SHURRUP Tipperooney
    The end of the world IS nigh !!!!!

Comment

Hey again folks :hallo:

Recluse;1538438 wrote: Morning sleepypea

I don't think it automatically follows that we would be eating GM meat if the animal has been fed on GMO feed, but I don't know for sure. I'm quite ignorant on the subject. Maybe zenners can enlighten us later?

We would only know if an animal has been fed GMO feed if the meat is labelled as such, but labelling isn't compulsory in the EU. This article has some information about the policies of the major supermarkets in respect of GM feed for animals:

GeneWatch UK - GM crops and foods in Britain and Europe
      Thanks for the link Reccie

JackieClaire;1538466 wrote:
      Just a quickie. Nothing broken, just soft tissue. Got an elastic doo daa on foot and ankle. Rest and painkillers and see my GP next week.

Mr JC's hip is where it should be and he's grand.

If you're out there D'Arsey, just give us a wee wave.

Bit of lunch now.
      :yay: for the JCs- no broken bones n all joints where they should be :goodjob: Hope ye are doing the resting part Jacks!

I got disturbed in my sleepiness earlier by a mate from work- made me go out shoppin wif him. Fed-up lookin at shops at this stage and all the stuff I cant afford(

Home now and plan is for feet-up and finish rest of me book

Comment

:hiya: Satzy How are ya today?

Comment

OK that?s it! I?m going to shout louder from now on!!!

Recluse;1538421 wrote:
          That's quite a big decision zennifer. It's not easy to eliminate all the "bad things" from our diet because they're absolutely everywhere. Don't forget that even at this stage you're probably still eliminating toxins from your body as a result of giving up the booze, so you may feel better in 6 months time anyway, but aiming for an entirely organic diet has to be a good thing if you're willing to make the effort. Must admit that the cost of the organic stuff puts me off buying it usually, but I like the idea in principle. Over here the GMO stuff is used mainly for animal feed, so we don't have to worry about that particular issue as much as you do, but the whole GMO thing makes me nervous. Let us know how you get on with the new approach.

BTW, there are lots of different ways to protect trees from animals. This article has a few ideas:

How to Protect Fruit Trees from Squirrels, Raccoons and Birds | eHow
          Well I never! I had no idea that raccoons were so well known for climbing trees and nicking fruit? I thought the ones that visit me were particularly clever. I?ll rig something up next year? quite liked the idea of the sheet metal round the trunk so they can?t get a foothold. A raccoon is pretty ungainly? who knew they could climb so well.

It IS quite a big decision to go organic and grass-fed but, honestly, the food here is so tainted it just worries me too much these days. I found a really nice looking farm that I?ll go to this weekend? it?s a trek but it looks worth it? Bedner's Farm Fresh Market, South Florida's Best Farm Fresh Market, Located at 10066 Lee Road Boynton Beach, Florida 33473

By the way, Sweety?s right? when animals are fed GMO grain, and you consume the meat, you?re ingesting GMO product. ( That?s why I?m switching to grass-feed meat.

Jacks? I have to admit, I missed what happened to your foot too! Did Bess trip you up? I?m glad the x-ray was clear. And Mr Pee?s too? )

Sweety... That's a lot of shopping lately... yer must be sick of the shops. I've been meaning to PM you about downloading these tunes... will try and get to it later... kinda hard to explain but we'll figure it out.

I'm going to get a pedicure and eyebrow wax this arvo, and going to Whole Foods and maybe Greenwise too. Right now have to go out in the humid heat to spray for ants. The sugar ants are little feckers... real nuisance. You'd think I lived in the jungle with all them critteres, not in the middle of a town!

Comment

I clicked on Reccy's link and followed another one and it appears that supermarkets in the UK changed their policy in April 2013 and they're now selling GM grain fed meat.

GM Freeze | Where to buy non-GM fed

It looks like you guys are going to be coming up against the same shit that's going on over here, sorry to say. :upset:

Comment

Zenstyle;1538507 wrote: OK that?s it! I?m going to shout louder from now on!!!

Well I never! I had no idea that raccoons were so well known for climbing trees and nicking fruit? I thought the ones that visit me were particularly clever. I?ll rig something up next year? quite liked the idea of the sheet metal round the trunk so they can?t get a foothold. A raccoon is pretty ungainly? who knew they could climb so well.

It IS quite a big decision to go organic and grass-fed but, honestly, the food here is so tainted it just worries me too much these days. I found a really nice looking farm that I?ll go to this weekend? it?s a trek but it looks worth it? Bedner's Farm Fresh Market, South Florida's Best Farm Fresh Market, Located at 10066 Lee Road Boynton Beach, Florida 33473

By the way, Sweety?s right? when animals are fed GMO grain, and you consume the meat, you?re ingesting GMO product. ( That?s why I?m switching to grass-feed meat.

Jacks? I have to admit, I missed what happened to your foot too! Did Bess trip you up? I?m glad the x-ray was clear. And Mr Pee?s too? )

Sweety... That's a lot of shopping lately... yer must be sick of the shops. I've been meaning to PM you about downloading these tunes... will try and get to it later... kinda hard to explain but we'll figure it out.

I'm going to get a pedicure and eyebrow wax this arvo, and going to Whole Foods and maybe Greenwise too. Right now have to go out in the humid heat to spray for ants. The sugar ants are little feckers... real nuisance. You'd think I lived in the jungle with all them critteres, not in the middle of a town!
              Hiya Zenny :waving:

A pedicure sounds like bliss, eyebrow wax less so!!! Yeah, am sick of the shops now, especially since I cant afford the stuff i'd like!
              Thanks re the tunes- the bros. partner has emailed me info re downloading tunes and movies but haven't got round to checking it out yet- have been kinda distracted with me book

Don't like the sound of yer place with all them critters about :yuk:

Comment

Had my 2nd ever attempt at eyebrow wax in a rehab treatment centre. The patch test went red so wasn't risking what had happened the first time which was removal of the skin over my eyes. Both time qualified beauticians, they say my skin reacts or something. Right.
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Ukblonde;1538514 wrote: Had my 2nd ever attempt at eyebrow wax in a rehab treatment centre. The patch test went red so wasn't risking what had happened the first time which was removal of the skin over my eyes. Both time qualified beauticians, they say my skin reacts or something. Right.
                  uch: Oh dear UK sounds v sore! Prob for the best you don't attempt it again, yeah?!

Why the feck do we put ourselves through that crap anyway?

Comment

Right folks, time for me to off and read a bit, see ya's later :hallo:

Comment

Yooo Hoooo Sweety and UKB! :waving:

That sounds like a wax job gone completely wrong UKB. The girl that does mine may not even be "qualified"... it's a little Vietnamese place... but it takes her two ticks and it's not even sore.

Glad you got the destructions for the tunes Sweety. If you need a hand with it, let me know. When you take a look at it, tell me what he said about snagging the movies. I got an email from Comcast telling me there had been a report submitted to them from one of the torrent sites when I went on a movie snagging mission... (

Comment

sweetpea29;1538521 wrote: Right folks, time for me to off and read a bit, see ya's later :hallo:
                        Catch you later. (And what ya reading?)

Going to skeedaddle myself... have to go to the market and get me hooves sorted...

Laterz!

Comment

Evening

JackieClaire;1538466 wrote: Just a quickie. Nothing broken, just soft tissue. Got an elastic doo daa on foot and ankle. Rest and painkillers and see my GP next week.

Mr JC's hip is where it should be and he's grand.
                          That's good to hear!

tiptronic_ct;1538498 wrote: Glad to hear you're going to survive :l

And of course it means I can retract my retraction. Satzuma IS a prophetess of DOOM.
                          Make up yer mind!!!

Zenstyle;1538507 wrote:
                          By the way, Sweety’s right… when animals are fed GMO grain, and you consume the meat, you’re ingesting GMO product. ( That’s why I’m switching to grass-feed meat.
                          Fair enuf! I did say I was quite ignorant on the subject!

Comment

Didn't quite catch that Zennifer,

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

sweetpea29;1538511 wrote: Hiya Zenny :waving:

A pedicure sounds like bliss, eyebrow wax less so!!! Yeah, am sick of the shops now, especially since I cant afford the stuff i'd like!
                              Thanks re the tunes- the bros. partner has emailed me info re downloading tunes and movies but haven't got round to checking it out yet- have been kinda distracted with me book
                              :yuk:What are you reading PP ????

Zenstyle;1538522 wrote:
                              Yooo Hoooo Sweety and UKB!

That sounds like a wax job gone completely wrong UKB. The girl that does mine may not even be "qualified"... it's a little Vietnamese place... but it takes her two ticks and it's not even sore.

Glad you got the destructions for the tunes Sweety. If you need a hand with it, let me know. When you take a look at it, tell me what he said about snagging the movies. I got an email from Comcast telling me there had been a report submitted to them from one of the torrent sites when I went on a movie snagging mission... (
                              :waving: Zenners, Reccie & JC ( of the good foot ) - glad to hear my pronouncement ( is that even a word ?) was wrong !!!:new:

Comment

Yo Satz,
                                We go to a proper butchers for proper meat and weirdly enough get our proper fruit and veg there.

I get my eyebrows threaded. Stings a bit but they seem to stay 'tidier' longer than waxing.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X