Underoos and Friends, August '13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must get the cauliflower soup on the boil later on. Great little stand-by that one.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Well hideeho fellow Soupsayers - I'm a tad stuck on Thai Sweet Potato soup at the mo.

Nary horse has crossed my path so far however I'm back to collecting three bum nuts per day. Bliss.

Comment

I think I want another couple of chooks...the naturopath - have more sex person - said eat protein for brekkie, locusts included...so it was scrambled this morning...the eggs, not the sex...

Thai Sweet Potato using a curry paste TF?

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1538685 wrote: I must get the cauliflower soup on the boil later on. Great little stand-by that one.
          When you have time Bridge, would you post or pm it so it can be added to the recipe book?
          Thanks.

Comment

myhappyplace;1538695 wrote:

Yep - No official recipe just sweat onions, garlic, ginger for about 5 mins, add 2 tabs red curry paste, fry for another couple of mins, add chopped kumara, add about 1L of veggie stock, cook until done, smash through the whizzer thingy then add a can of coconut milk and reheat. Add fish sauce to taste. I like to garnish with thin slivers of red chili because I just can't seem to grow coriander.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1538698 wrote: Yep - No official recipe just sweat onions, garlic, ginger for about 5 mins, add 2 tabs red curry paste, fry for another couple of mins, add chopped kumara, add about 1L of veggie stock, cook until done, smash through the whizzer thingy then add a can of coconut milk and reheat. Add fish sauce to taste. I like to garnish with thin slivers of red chili because I just can't seem to grow coriander.
              Copied and saved.
              It's going to be a bumper recipe book this time!!!

How about some photos to go with recipes?

Yay! just googled Fletcher Jones and they are now an online store. Scoured EVERY shop in the district yesterday trying to get a pair of nice plain woollen slacks.

Comment

myhappyplace;1538695 wrote: I think I want another couple of chooks...the naturopath - have more sex person - said eat protein for brekkie, locusts included...so it was scrambled this morning...the eggs, not the sex...

She told you to eat the locusts? That doesn't sound very ethical!
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1538701 wrote: She told you to eat the locusts? That doesn't sound very ethical!
                  That's naturopaths for ya, Glassy. It's always about the sex. Sex sex, nothing but sex ... from morning to night ...

Comment

Tis a huge step bridgey ,one that i am still grasping and grappling with. It's more shit than i care to mention, even just had husband abusing my mother half .hr ago. Only 3 more days until i am safe physically.
                    Furniture truck organised, rent and bond organised. Buying a fridge tomoz and out of spite am taking the good bed!

Re the almonds haps ....smoked gives nice subtle flavour and plain would be diff.
                    I caramelised onions in local honey and it balanced out the nuttiness really well.

Guess what? In my rented cottage i have.....

A CHOOK HOUSE!!!!!

Comment

coriander;1538705 wrote:

Guess what? In my rented cottage i have.....

A CHOOK HOUSE!!!!!
                      YAY! That's gotta be good for the soul.

Sorry you're having to go through this phase but it seems (to me) it's been on the cards for a long time. I wish you a safe transition.

Comment

Thanks tawny.

Comment

Wishing you all the best too, Cori. I know how hard it is, but it will be worth it. :h

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1538701 wrote: She told you to eat the locusts?or That doesn't sound very ethical!
                            :H:H

Corri, thanks for the tip on the almonds. Re your sitch, like my mum would say, you can equate it back to gardening. Sometimes you've got to cut back on an awful lot of dead wood to get new growth. Safe passage matey.

I've deviated from the soup path, doing a vegie quinoa hommus bakey thing instead...smells quite good...

Comment

myhappyplace;1538731 wrote:
                              I've deviated from the soup path, doing a vegie quinoa hommus bakey thing instead...smells quite good...
                              Ooh - that sounds yum. I've deviated too, and I'm making a lentil, pumpkin, cauliflower shepherd's pie-ish thing

Comment

Rags;1538696 wrote: When you have time Bridge, would you post or pm it so it can be added to the recipe book?
                                Thanks.
                                Two small white heads of cauliflower, chopped.
                                Chicken stock 1 litre ( I just use Massel)
                                2 onions sweated in Lurpak
                                About 200gm of lean free range bacon chopped finely
                                1 Leek chopped and saut?ed with onion
                                1 metric teaspoon paprika
                                Salt and pepper to taste

Saute onion and leek and bacon
                                Mix paprika into stock and add with cauliflower
                                Gently bubble for 30-40 minutes
                                When well cooked puree with stick blender.
                                Top with all manner of yummies: herbs, fried bacon and/or onion croutons, cream, yoghurt. Must be served with the freshest crunchiest bread available spread with Lurpak ( I will not back down on this)
                                Easy peasy
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X