Underoos and Friends, August '13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bird;1544816 wrote: Still raining. Marching band practice got cancelled cuz some of the roads are washed out.. Stray cat trap empty this morn, guess he was holed up in a dry spot...Glassy, we can only do what we can do.....Bridge, thats how my picnic table was, just like the deck...Rags, nice B&B. Didn't see a rooster guarding the girls, guess they were on their own huh?...Mr.G, that bass player I played with the other night was a lefty playing a right upside down..hi Cori...off to work on these tunes...
    Cool stuff Bird. Rock on friend!

G'night y'all. Sleep tight, and casual like.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Can't respond to too much - headache again. soz.

Edit: V V bad headache
      There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
      You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey. :egg:

(Just learned that from another thread, but in my case it would be fakey bakey) So good to wake up even after a bad migraine and not be trying to cook a shakey, achey, fakey bakey.

Thanks for your lovely comments re my POD yesterday. You've probably guessed that the real problem isn't just the money, it's all tied in with being a solo mum and trying to give my kidlings the life I wanted them to have. We left their father because he was abusing us and they haven't seen him since 1996. It's important to me to give them what we would have if all that hadn't happened. Stupid, I know. :nutso:

Comment

Hope you're feeling better this morning Glassy Bum. Sometimes there's nowt else for it but to crack an early one.

Determined I was to have a sleepin this morning, but the relentless wild call of the Spring clean is incessant. Incessant I tells ya.
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1545012 wrote: You've probably guessed that the real problem isn't just the money, it's all tied in with being a solo mum and trying to give my kidlings the life I wanted them to have. We left their father because he was abusing us and they haven't seen him since 1996. It's important to me to give them what we would have if all that hadn't happened. Stupid, I know. :nutso:
            No it's not stupid.
            I struggle with exactly the same thing. But you gave them what no bank can deliver. A safe and loving stable home. I can't even imagine all of the wealthy but violent homes with two dysfunctional parents who can't offer the kids that.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1545031 wrote: No it's not stupid.
              I struggle with exactly the same thing. But you gave them what no bank can deliver. A safe and loving stable home. I can't even imagine all of the wealthy but violent homes with two dysfunctional parents who can't offer the kids that.
              Thanks Bridgeybum I'd let you be my mum/dad any day! I bet you do a fanbloodytastic job.

Yes, you're absolutely right. Looking at my post objectively, I can see that I'm holding on to a stupid old feeling I should have ditched years ago. The Glasslets have never given me any reason to feel they're missing anything. They used to give me mum gifts on mother's day (perfume etc) and dad gifts on fathers' day (still have the tool set!).

I was feeling so bad about flying solo at the wedding I was going to invite one of my single male friends as a handbag, but the glasslets told me they'd be proud to have me there by myself, seeing as we've always done everything together. Gosh - just made me think! We started out on our own when they were 4 and 7 and now one is 27 and getting married!!!! :dancin:

Comment

Glassy that lat para brought a little tear to my eye - what a lovely thing for them to have said! So great for them to be as proud of you as you are of them :l
                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Thanks, lovely Miss B

Glasslet 2 also told me he's already planned to be my partner if we have to do any 'parent of the couple' dances.

PS - he may be nearly 30 years younger, but he's at least a foot taller. So that's ok!

Comment

Guitarista;1544746 wrote: Well i'm not surprised with Mr. Rags waving around that firearm like that. That table in an earlier pic looks like a scene straight out of Scarface. Teddies stuffed with contraband and guns waving about with gay, i say gay abandon.

, Yo!
                    :H

Never thought of stuffing the teddies full of white powder.

byebyebridgetjones;1544755 wrote: I also throb that groovy little black and white bucket chair up there, Rags.

?

yep, they've got very nice taste in furniture and fittings. Would look awfully out of place in my house but.

Guitarista;1544789 wrote: G'day Rags,

. I had to have me guitar steam cleaned after Sting's tantric antics ron.
                    Bridge can lend you her Karcher if you want.

Glass Half Empty;1544835 wrote:
                    Can't respond to too much - headache again. soz.

Edit: V V bad headache
                    Oooh, have a cup of tea, a BEX and a good lie down.
                    Hope you're better today Galssy.

Glass Half Empty;1545040 wrote:

Glasslet 2 also told me he's already planned to be my partner if we have to do any 'parent of the couple' dances.

PS - he may be nearly 30 years younger, but he's at least a foot taller. So that's ok!
                    You are very lucky to have glasslets like them, and they, you. Cherish each other.

Comment

Vexing Veterinary Questions:

Dear Corrie,
                      New neighbours moved in next door this week.
                      They have a yappy little rat dog and an alsation.
                      They both bark incessantly. It is bloody annoying.
                      I will give them 3 more days to settle into their new accommodation.
                      If the barking (all day and up to 9pm) then continues what action should I take?
                      1: Introduce myself to the new neighbours with a marscapone berry tart and say welcome to the neighbourhood, by the way what is the problem with the cute little doggies? Can you train them to be quiet?

2: As above but minus the tart?

3: Entice the alsation to the fence and give him a bone laced with valium/morphine/cocaine?

4: Put up with it till I go nuts and contact the local council and complain? I think that is a bit too surreptitious though.

Sigh, it was a quiet neighbourhood till they, their kids, and their dogs moved in......

Your help would be most appreciated.
                      Yours faithfully,
                      Your friend,

Glenoid.

Comment

Well, you're the one with the good bones Glenoid, I'm sure you'll work it out

Arvo Undies!! Gorgeous day here, lots of stuff done and settling in for the afternoon for some relaxation time...how was everyone's day?

Tawny so nice to hear your visitors were good ones. Glassy :h bum...love your post, you deserve the cool children you have matey...

I'm thinking eggplant parmi for dinner...might potter in the kitchen shortly...

Comment

Glenoid Smoth;1545068 wrote:
                          1: Introduce myself to the new neighbours with a marscapone berry tart and say welcome to the neighbourhood, by the way what is the problem with the cute little doggies? Can you train them to be quiet?
                          Ms Smoth
                          I suggest that you introduce yourself to the neighbours and enquire about their cute little doggies.

No, no - it was my pleasure.

Please send your marscapone berry tart to PO Box XX Brisbane 4000.

EDIT: I have my own forks and spoons

Comment

Glenoid Smoth;1545068 wrote:

2: As above but minus the tart?

Glenoid.
                            Dear Glenoid,
                            here's another suggerstion.

Don't mention it.
                            Have a nice day,
                            Raggsy.

Comment

Glass Half Empty;1545089 wrote: Ms Smoth
                              I suggest that you introduce yourself to the neighbours and enquire about their cute little doggies.

No, no - it was my pleasure.

Please send your marscapone berry tart to PO Box XX Brisbane 4000.

EDIT: I have my own forks and spoons

Dear Glassy,
                              Thankyou.
                              I am cooling the pastry ready for the filling as I type.
                              Good, I'm running short on splades.
                              Yours faithfully Glenoid Smoth.

Dear Raggsy,
                              Thankyou for your most thoughtful suggestion.
                              I shall give it the consideration it is due.

Yours faithfully
                              Glenoid Smoth.

Comment

Rags;1545066 wrote: :Never thought of stuffing the teddies full of white powder.
                                You are very lucky to have glasslets like them, and they, you. Cherish each other.
                                Thanks Raggsy - I can't express how glad I am that this electronic conversation about white powder didn't happen a little while ago when Glasslet no 1 was traveling back and forth to Pakistan every couple of weeks. Finding out he was apprehended by the "police" (and I use the term loosely) one night was bad enough. He was accused of consorting with a prostitute [a fellow aid worker he was driving home] and was detained and threatened for about an hour. Being the sweetie he is, he didn't tell me until he got home. :badboy:

Probably just as well. I love him so much I may have strangled him!

myhappyplace;1545084 wrote:
                                Glassy :h bum...love your post, you deserve the cool children you have matey...
                                Thanks Happybum. That's a very lovely thing to say!

Have a lovely week everyundie.

Comment

Working...
                                X