• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - August 2013

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

I'm so sorry that I forgot to start a new thread. I hope that everyone is taking life one step at a time. :h

Things are going better for me. Not perfection but that is ok. I joined the gym....had my session today (free) with a personal trainer. Really sweet guy (26 years old - same age as my son). He gave me some pointers......my son has given me some pointers. So, now I just need to get in to the gym. I felt so much better afterwards. I really did.

Off to bed now - have to get hubby to the airport at 5:30 am. He's going up to visit his Dad for about 9 days. Would have been a free for all for me in the past......this time, I think I'll be in the gym.
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora:

Im here. You are a steadfast stepper creating this wonderful thread every month. I read it all the time. :l

5:30AM ! Wow! You are a wonderful wife :h
      I know what you mean about the free for all... I must admit that when hubs goes away for awhile I can get a little distracted...

Sleep tight sweet Nora. See you in the AM...well maybe more the PM
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Thanks for starting the new thread Nora. :thanks:

Keep up the good work with the gym. I'm sure K9 can inspire you if you start to lose motivation.

Lovely to see you in here again Kradle :l

Hope all the other lovely Steppers are doing well. :h
        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Kradle - so good to see you here. You have been on my mind so much lately.

Glass - how are you doing?

I've only been to the gym 3 times and I already feel better. My mood has improved. I don't enjoy going but it is certainly helping me out of this depression. Now - to just lose 80 pounds.

Dropped hubby off at the airport. Came home for a few minutes now off to see my therapist and then my psych. Boy - do I sound like a mess or what? :H

Great big hugs to everyone......:h:h
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

cant believe its august already! thanks for kickin us off nora,you sound like you are doing some wonderful,positive things right now keep it up! hi kradle and glass lets make this the best august weve ever had,take care peeps
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Nora - well done with the gym. Keep up the good work and soon you'll really start to like it.

I'm OK thanks. I seem to be having some good results with the Cymbalta. I don't know if it's the meds, or whether I was just at my lowest point at that time and now I'm facing up to it, but I'm feeling much more positive than I was a while ago.

Thanks to all of you for helping me out of that black hole. You were all so lovely and your concern made a huge difference to me! :h:h

Mama - I'm glad you two made up, you crazy kids!

Juja, Kradle, JDG - I'm with Pauly - let's try and make this August a good one. One step at a time. :l

Comment

Morning loves.
                Nora, it's a scientific fact that the endorphins released while exercising will improve your mood. Good for you. Use this time with Scott away to focus on you. You GO GIRL.
                Things are ok here. Our battle opened some up old resentments. Bret pretends they don't exist, and I fester and bring them up for discussion, but then another fight starts. Why are men like that?
                We are fine...I am just frustrated.
                He got up early to go tend to the lake house and I slept till nine. It was nice....
                Glass, I am so glad you are feeling better.
                Have a happy Sunday Juja, JDG, Kradle, Pauly, FT and K9.
                I love you all
                gonna wallow a bit and then get on the laundry
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hello everyone....

I am sorry that I have been on the down low lately. I've been working thru everything and just have been having problems. It really does feel great to be on the upswing though. Glad to hear that you are on the upswing too, Glass!! :h

Casey & I went to the gym today. He stayed with me and helped me learn some new machines (He graduated from college with Kinesiology degree). So, he is very knowledgable. We are planning on going for the next 3 days after my work day. So, it's really helpful to have him with the same gym, etc.

So - that is the news with me....:H I know it's boring but that sounds good to me right now. Now, I'm washing my gym clothes and thinking about bed. How boring is that?!?:H

I have been thinking about all of you so much lately. The main reason that I was able to pull myself up was because of all of you. Thank you for being here with me. :l
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

NoraC;1540090 wrote:
                    I have been thinking about all of you so much lately. The main reason that I was able to pull myself up was because of all of you. Thank you for being here with me. :l
                    My sentiments exactly, Ms Nora! :h

I hope you all have a great week. :l

Comment

morning loves
                      I woke up at 4:45......WTF?
                      I'll be a zombie by three...
                      oh well another Monday is here and I plan on getting through the week with a smile on my face
                      my new asst is doing great, but training her is tiring....I can't get my own stuff done
                      I am going to try to think as positive as possible....I have been very negative lately and I know that is not good....your thoughts become actions.
                      off to shower and then to work
                      Nora...I am proud of you....getting all BUFF!!
                      I'll check in later.....muah!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

happy monday! mama,ive been in a pissy mood lately too,its time to get positive! its just hard cuz when yucky thoughts come in,i let them fester and grow,sometimes its tiring to keep telling myself to stay positive ya know?oh well,i have to get more positive and just let the bad roll off me,where is everyone anyways?we are only on page 2 and its already the 5th,hope everyones ok,take care
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Back from my mini-vacation in Asheville. Drank every night, but only to excess one night (5 glasses of wine).

Don't know what to do, friends. Can't find any strength to make changes I need to make--food, al, exercise. Never thought I wouldn't be in control of my own life.

Wish I could run away where no one would find me, and start over.

Today's a new day, and I'll start more positive thoughts after this post. Thanks for listening.

Vacation laundry calls.

Love to each and everyone.
                          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Juja :l You WILL find the strength. Start with one little thing and work on it, then move on to the next. Looking at the BIG picture can be overwhelming. One time I tried to stop drinking and smoking, go on a diet and go to the gym all at once...guess what happened? I failed at every one! Just hang in there and take it easy...you CAN do this! :h

Nora - I am so proud of you for getting to the gym...believe it or not, it will actually become something you look forward to. When I first broke my foot, I CRIED because I couldn't go to the gym...then I was doing laundry and my gym clothes were in there and I cried again...who'd a thunk I'd be that attached to something healthy? LOL Anyway, I'm not back YET...but maybe next month (I hope, I hope!)

Mama - Since you and hubs had your big blowout, that should hold you over for a few years eh? Ugh, school shopping...mostly we just need supplies, my girl's closet runneth over with clothes!

My boy Jack is doing wonderful...we're working on his skittishness. The poor chihuahua has been hiding in Sierra's closet for 3 days. Sierra went to her dads house so the poor lil thing is a nervous wreck. I try to coax her out but she hates me!

This is my first Monday at work in 8 weeks....UGH.

Hi Pauly and GHE and everyone else! :h
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks, K9. Going to focus on Af/weight. Same thing, right?

Why is your puppy so scared? I probably missed something....

Good going, Nora. Sounds like you're back on track.:l

pauly--Crabby, are we? You're not alone, dearie. May tomorrow be better.

GHE--Damn black holes! May the Cymbalta continue to lift you up. You've helped us/me, too, by the way. Thanks for all your loving support as well.:h

Hi Mama. I missed the fight. I need to tune to this channel more frequently.:H DH and I didn't have the best vacation. He found fault with everything I did or said. I told him everything I did displeased him. Things got quiet after that. Funny, I didn't feel sad, worried, or angry, just dead inside.
                              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                              X