Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - August 2013

Glad to hear FT
    My baby starts his senior year tomorrow...wow!!
    Typical crazy Monday, but all is well
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

hi ft,glad youre out enjoying your time off,mama,school doesnt start here til the 26th,luckily i still have time to get school stuff together,i have a little freshman,ill probly be more nervous than him,take care everyone
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone - :wavin: Doing ok here. Tomorrow is back to the AB. TTFP or TTDP. Whichever mood I'm in. :H I'm going to the gym to get healthy - I certainly don't need to put poison in my body.

Had a horrible nightmare last night. Eeeeekkkkkkk A mad killer was chasing us and killing us one by one. Trying to watch my back, my front and my sideways. Finally woke up and what a relief. I had seen some post on Facebook about which movie character was the scariest. The guy from Halloween or the guy from Friday the 13th. Great thing to have in my head before I fall asleep. :H

Today was a zoo at work. Just a weird day for everyone all around. I finally said 'Have we entered the Twilight Zone??'

Ok - off to vegetate and watch whatever I want on TV. Scott comes home tomorrow.

Love & hugs to everyone.....
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi everyone ! All this talk about our little munchkins...well, big Munchkins!

My in between Munchkin is off to visit his Uncle in PA tomorrow. Sober Soul gave me the idea to send Mathieu to a relative so we could all get a break...Special shout out Thanks to you dear friend!:l
          Happy birthday to your baby boy Mama. Matt was making some lunch this afternoon and says suddenly, "Mom! it's 12:23 exactly. Does that mean anything?' I said now and he saus, "Really?? 12:23??" ANd then it hits me but he breaks in and says, "It's my birthday! What are you getting me? ..." Oiy Vay! ...yes he was born Dec 23rd...

Daddy bring him to the airport; I'm taking the girls to Theater Camp. All the stories of your happy children, Pauly, Glass (how wonderful you have special almost daughter in laws:l) and Mama...I feel like I know Clay...
          Nora, you got me going to the woods and mountain biking with Luna now. I really love it. It is a lot of fun going over the bumps, roots and rocks and such. I NEVER though that would interest me but I am trying to get Luna in shape for intended nuptials!
          I'll keep everyone posted on the upcoming blessed event :h

Love & hugs to everyone. No drinking here. Just ice cream and Star trek!
          :l
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Morning Pookies......rise and shine
            mountain biking.....argh!! Good to see you Kradle. I think time away will do you and Matt well!
            Nora...I forgot Scott was gone. I am glad he is coming home. Bret is my booze police..and a scary one at that.
            Love to all
            Corporate Muckety Mucks in
            today
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Everyone sounds good, and upbeat. Makes me happy.

I'm going to take a break from posting, I think. I feel like a phony when I post because I'm not making it AF. I can't bear to say that one more time, or to ask for help. I will read, read, and read some more, until something kicks in. I'm an alcoholic who can't say no to al--yet. I'm not giving up, however. I'm going to become good friends with the Toolbox.

I will read our precious thread (thanks, Nora), and say hello now and then. Damn, this makes me sad.... Anyway, I'll be in touch once I've racked up some AF days.

Love, love, love to each and everyone of you--Nora, Mama, K-9, pauly, Kradle, GHE, FT, allswell
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Good Morning all and our sweet Juja :l I understand exactly how you fell.. a true sense of bewiliderment t and frustration with our goal still hanging out there. I take leaves of absence sometimes, sometimes unplanned with all the family stuff!
                But you know I don't think you really are 'taking' a break if you are still reading, still keeping up with evertone. I am thinking of it now as simply 'taking the perverbial phone off the hook' which we ALL do in order to regroup, rethink or just plain have some down time.

This can be an exhausting battle at times so please don't be sad. You are doing what your mind and body are needing...
                Stay close:h
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

aw juja,i dont want you to take a break from posting here,but i kinda know how you feel,a few months ago i REALLY could not get any af days in,i actually wanted to get kicked off mwo,so i went on a drunken rampage on one of my threads toward just about everybody,i was just so fed up with everyones success and my failure,feeling like a phony,hating admitting yet another day one,just sick of everything,remember this is a process,we drank for years,unfortunately for me it seems like its taking years to get it together,whatever you decide just remember that we do care about you here,and i love to read your posts,get your tools and some strength,well be here waiting hi to kradle,mama,k9,glass,ft,jdg,and nora,everyone have a good tuesday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks pauly and Kradle. You understand.:h
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi peeps,
                      Juja I understand. Even if you don't post just read. Sometimes I just read to. Remember we all love you and enjoy you posts. Even one less drink that we use to take is progress IMO. This is not a life where you just flip a switch and we are healed, or take a pill and it is gone. This life is a process filled with success and slips, eventually we will find traction and make loads of progress.

We just can not quit, we never know when the miracle is about to happen.

kradle totally understand the kid thing. My son stole all my dads script pain meds (chronic back pain) a few weeks ago. Some to sell and some to take. Very upsetting and disturbing. All we can do is pray for them and lead by example. After I punished him.

love to all pauly, mama, ft, glass and anyone I missed.

time for waffles before work, District manager in today Ugh!
                      Love for my lovelies,
                      JDG
                      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

JackDanielsGirl;1543233 wrote: Hi peeps,
                        Juja I understand. Even if you don't post just read. Sometimes I just read to. Remember we all love you and enjoy you posts. Even one less drink that we use to take is progress IMO. This is not a life where you just flip a switch and we are healed, or take a pill and it is gone. This life is a process filled with success and slips, eventually we will find traction and make loads of progress.

We just can not quit, we never know when the miracle is about to happen.
                        Wise words, JDG. I might write down your last sentence and post it on the bathroom mirror to see everyday. Thank you.
                        Oh, and sorry I missed mentioning you in my post. I knew I was missing someone important.:l

Comment

Juja - Don't stop posting :upset: No need to feel like a fake or a phony, you're doing the best YOU can, and we love you and are here to support you! Who knows, one of us may something so profound one day that everything just clicks into place for you :H (It won't be me, it will probably be Mama)

Yep, school time! Sierra goes back next Monday...11th grade. She goes today for registration and to take school pictures. Back in my day we took pictures once school had already started.

Mama - Don't let those muckity mucks get to ya. Have you seen any interesting potential job leads lately? I am STILL trying to get in with the Police. Should I just accept that they don't want me? LOL

Nora - TTFP. I think we need the harsh version right now. Next week we'll dial it down to TTDP. HA :h

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!

oh p.s.: Jack has ticks! I have never had a dog with ticks before. I've picked out 2 so far and I know there are 2 more lurking. Good thing I am not squimish!!!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Quick note from me - sorry that I don't have time to respond to everyone.

Scott got hom today. He doesn't feel well....one of his off days. So - not having the best evening here. Sigh.....

Anyway - I did TTFP today. And, boy did I try to talk myself out of it. Oh well - it's done now. Whew.

Juja - great big hugs to you.

I'll be back later if I can. Thinking of you all and sending positive thoughts. :h
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hello Steppers

Kradle I hope you?re managing to sort out things at the airport.

When is Clay?s birthday Mama? I know how you feel - one blink and they?re grown up. How is he going with the new school and is his throat better?

Pauly the Alfredo sounds delish. Isn?t it funny how we can feel so guilty about eating cream and butter, (or even drinking cola) but easily throw down huge amounts of something that?s actually poison without thinking twice?

Glad you?re happy and enjoying yourself, FT!

Nora ? I?m glad you?re OK and going back to TTFP. You?re amazing for coping with all you?ve been through lately without completely falling apart. :l

Juja ? I understand how you feel, but don?t feel bad about posting that things aren?t going well. This is a site for problem drinkers after all, although sometimes I think we have such fun just chatting that we forget that. Struggling is what brings us all here and we want to know how you?re going. Failures as well as successes!!! But if you don?t feel like posting at least keep reading so you don?t forget about us. :h

Hi JDG ? sounds like you?re doing well!

K9 I hope the foot is doing OK, and that Jack?s cuddles are helping. I hope the ticks aren?t too much of a problem. The no.2 Glasslet went camping a couple of weeks ago and got several ticks in a very embarrassing area (hint: they like to burrow in where it?s warm and furry). The poor thing was itching like crazy but couldn?t scratch in public! :blush: :H
                              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

hi everybody,glass thats terrible about the ticks,nora,im glad you ttfp,hows the gym going?i havent done a stitch of exercise in 2 weeks,bad,bad,bad,ive just been trying to get caught up on sleep and truly the only time i have for working out is 5 am,i usually have the baby in the afternoon so thats impossible,oh well,i always say "i exercise for sanity,not vanity"so i guess ill be nuts for a bit,but then lack of sleep makes me feel worse haha,where the heck is mama?well hugs to everybodylets go have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                                X