Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - August 2013

Morning all,

Another day off. This work thing is hard to get used to when you have been off and drunk for a year. Haha but I LOVE it and am getting adjusted.

It is dreary here in the deep south. Clouds and rain, slightly cooler.

Happy to see everyone is doing as well as we can be. It is different for each of us.

Juja shout out to you, as I know you are looking. Keep dropping us a quick note to let us know you are ok. OK?

Mama, pauly, GHE, and anyone else I missed have a great day.

Oh and nora simple instructions, open bottle, open mouth, place pill in mouth and swallow. Repeat daily. Love you
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Oh GHE, the ticks in the "nether regions" must have been awful! I think Jack is tick-free for now...my dad has been doing some work in my backyard and I think he stirred up quite a ruckus, because I've never had any ticks before. Fleas....yes...an infestation...but no ticks. Thankfully no fleas (yet).

Mama - GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE! Where are you? We worry when we don't see your Egyptian mug in here!

Nora - Good job on TTFP! See...that reminds me, I need to take one, I think it's been a few days It's all I can do to get dressed in the morning and get to work...those 7 weeks "off" with a broken foot really messed up my routine. I need to snap out of this, I am doing things I've never done before, like just throwing my clothes on the chair and letting them pile up. That's very unlike me and I need to slowly work my way back to my normal high standards. haha - And don't even get me started on my lack of cooking (or even having food in the house)...Mama puts me to SHAME with all her great meals...after working all day!!

JDG - It must be nice to have actual "weather"...we never get rain or anything. Same old thing day after day, month after month "75 and sunny"...it's actually quite boring!

Pauly, Juja, Kradle, FT and everyone else...have a great Wednesday. Let's see if I can actually work ALL week...last week I left early twice. My goal is to actually hit 40 hours this week...it's been 9 weeks (today) since I broke my footsie!
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Mama must be really sick!!!!! :upset::upset:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mama is not sick.....thanks for the text Nora.
          Mama is working her ass off...that's all
          Corporate peeps in town for two days...we went to dinner last night and I had three glasses of wine...I am ashamed to say it felt nice to wind down
          but I am back at sober town today
          Juja - we are here and we understand, we really do, love. Don't stop posting ok?
          My new asst is working out great....I adore her so far.
          And my boss came today to take me to lunch and I had to no coz we were so slammed. I know she knows we need a part time person, so wish me luck.
          Off to eat some homemade stuffed zucchini....NOT made by me!

love you all to bits!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hi Mama! Glad you're not sick and just busy. The muckity mucks must love you...wining and dining you like that I don't know if I DARE say this, but it does seem like you can have a few glasses of wine and then go right back to abstinence (I've fought many people on the moderation threads about this). Is it hard to not drink tonight? That was always my problem, in my MANY slips I hated the next night (day 1 again) of not drinking and trying to think of ways to pass the time. Anyway, sounds like you're doing good and maybe you have your Sh*t way more together than I do! :l
            Love ya!!! :h

Comment

Mama - was so glad to hear that you were just busy & not sick. :l

K9 - how is the foot? Didn't you say you go to the Dr soon?

Glass - I love reading your posts. :l

Does anyone know if Kradle's son got there finally? I didn't see it posted.

Juja - Lots of love to you. :h

JDG - you're getting into your work routine now? You are sounding good.

I went to the gym tonight after work. I had a good workout. I'm just taking it easy and getting into the groove of things. I have several machines that I use now and am learning to adjust the weight and everything. Casey got me set up on Fitocracy.com so I can keep track of my workouts.

I have a Dr's appointment next week. I need refills on some meds and since it's been a year and half since I've been in there, I'm having problems getting the refills. ull:

Off to read. Love & hugs to everyone. :h
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

doctors don't play anymore....I take Clonopin at night to sleep and for anxiety, and you would think I was trying to buy heroin with what I have to do.
                Coffee, maybe shower...eeewwww!! and off to work
                just kidding about the shpwer...I have to take one to wake up, but I wanted to keep ya'll on your toes...

Comment

Morning very nice weather here, there is a crisp nip in the air and it makes me think fall is coming soon. Sorry K-9.

I am finally getting a routine with work. It has been difficult because most days I close 12-9 but then they throw in the occasional opening 7-4 and it throws me off.

mama glad the new asst is working out. You need some good help
                  GHE, pauly, juja, kradle hope you all have a great day.

More errands then work, and yes a shower prior.
                  Be praying for us my son 15 has started having anxiety attacks at school so we are going to try home schooling again. Last time it was a nightmare, hope he is more mature this time.
                  Love to all,
                  JDG
                  Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

The foot is healed! The foot is healed!
                    I am in normal shoes and walking with no limp....and barely any pain. I feel like a normal person again (if I ever was before, lol). YAY! I'm sure it will be a bit sore and swollen for a few more months, but it is healed finally!!! The doctor told me not to run for 3 more weeks though...I said "UH yeah I will try to refrain"....like I have ever run in my life. LOL

Comment

K9 - YAHOO, YAHOO, YAHOO
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

THANKS NORA!!!! THAT'S HOW I FEEL TOO!!!

So....did you TTFP today? I went home at lunch and took TWO because I realized I haven't taken them in about 5-6 days and my daughter left today with my entire family to go camp....it was a bad situation building...you know the stinkin thinkin "This is my last chance while she's gone before school starts...blah blah blah".....as soon as I took the pills I said (out loud) "There, now I don't have to think about it anymore". My dog Jack was very impressed. LOL

Comment

hey everybody,blah mood today,slow at work,cars overheating,kids fighting with boyfriends,getting son situated for back to school,yada,yada,first thing that flashes in my brain is "need a beer"not though just breathing it through,glad your foots better k9,love to all
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

YAY K9!! And I am glad you TTFP!
                            Nope...didn't want any wine.
                            And it's a good thing....as you all know my beloved father in law is suffering from Parkinsons. At 10 last night Nana called and said she had gone to the store and left him...WTH???? and came home to find him on the floor covered in blood. He fell flat on his face and has a broken nose. Hubs spent the day with the them, and the doctor told her under NO TERMS can he be left alone anymore. We are going to have the family discussion about what to do....I cried this morning as I hate to see him suffer and I know he may not be with us much longer. And I feel so bad for Nana...I cannot imagine watching the man you have loved for over 60 years approach death and keep falling, plus she is losing her freedom.
                            heavy, heavy thoughts tonight...sigh...
                            off to eat and get lost in a movie
                            I love ya'll

Comment

:l:l Mama :h:h

Comment

I miss you too much to stay away!:h

Mama>So sorry about your FIL. It's so damn hard watching them deteriorate. We know it's going to happen, but the grief begins too soon.:l

Niners>Yay! You'll be working out in no time. Congrats on ttdp. I sure wish I could take it.

JDG>I feel for your 15-yr-old. Anxiety is a curse. Throw in school, and all the expectations, and it's 10x worse. Tell him he's not alone, and that someone else is probably feeling the exact same way at the time he's possessed (that's how I define it.).:upset:

pauly> Ugh, you've got your hands full. Glad you didn't reach for AL. You glitter, girl.:H

Nora> You'll be dropping those pounds in no time. So happy for you.

I've got an AF buddy now, and we're giving it a strong go. We will make it through the weekend.

Hi to GHE, Kradle, FT, and all others stopping by.
                                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                                X