One Step at a Time - August 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no waspers yet!! I have been cleaning, mopping, and doing laundry. Gonna flop for a bit
    thinking of you Nora
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

hi everyone,what a depressing weekend,went and seen mil in the hospital,she has the broken leg,kidney infection,now pneumonia,she looks so tiny,it was heartbreaking,i just try and remember the way she was years ago,so chubby and loveable and kind,nothing much else going on in my neck of the woods,seems we all just had a kick back weekend,threads been quiet,hope everybody has a good sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello my family. :h:h I thought of you all this weekend.

K9 - I'm surprised we didn't drive by your house during one of our scenic detours. :H

It was an amazing weekend. Just amazing. Lots of laughing and lots of tears. So much love. I had the honor of meeting my cousin's partner, Charlie. Charlie is wonderful and I just love him so much. I know why they were together for 17 years. I wish that I could have seen them together. They would have been such a great couple. I have a new cousin this weekend that is for sure.

We had a beautiful memorial for my cousin. We had a few moments where we just had to laugh - ok then.....Mike is getting the last laugh here. :H Went to throw his ashes and the wind changed. :H

I'm going to try to post a couple pics - hope they work. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow. Love you all. :l
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - so sorry about your MIL. :l:l
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh Nora, thank you so much for posting. How beautiful and special for all of you. :h
              You have such a marvelous family. Having lost my cousin in not such a ...memorable way...it does my heart good to see you sharing such love and even a new connection/cousin!
              :l

Pauly, :l to you.
              It is so hard to watch time take away our loved ones. But her life sounds as though she led it fully.

I have often wondered about people who have led generous, full lives who somehow end their time here somewhat worse for wear...I keep coming back to the words of Khalil Gibran- : Often that which gives us our greatest joy can give us our greatest sorrow...I always thought he was talking about boyfriends but as I get older...well,
              Thinking of you sweet Pauly. :h
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I'm so glad that the service went well Nora. It's wonderful that you've made Charlie part of your family. I'm sure he really appreciates having someone to share memories with.

Sorry about your MIL Pauly. That's very sad.

Any waspers today Mama?
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Well darn, it's Monday :upset:

Nora - I'm so glad your weekend went well, and I'm glad you have a new cousin Charlie! I'll be he has all kinds of fun memories he can share with you. Pismo is a nice little beach town isn't it?

Mama - You seriously put me to shame with all your cooking and cleaning...I laid around all weekend and finally unloaded the dishwasher...that's about it! LOL

Kradle, GHE, Pauly and everyone else..have a fabulous day...be back later!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I'm here.....I had therapy ( well.....a three hour long AA meeting) and didn't get home till nine
                    lots of deep, dark, sobering thoughts shared by the 30 or so people in the room.
                    So many of them are babies.....18, 19, 20....it's sad
                    will check in later
                    my asst is in Atlanta for three days training, so I am crazy busy
                    have not read back, but I love you guys

Comment

Hello peeps

It has been a while I have been so crazy at work. These hours are really wearing me out. I am on my feet ALL day working. I love it but it is so tiring and it is cutting in on my time here and that I don't like.

Things are good here still sober had a slip, no a crash and burn a week ago, but back on the sober train and don't plan on leaving.

Off today and tomorrow so will be around.

Hello to mama, pauly, GHE, k-9, ft, nora, kradle and anyone else I missed
                      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

hey guys,nora im glad the service went well,the pics were nice thanks for sharing,ugh,im in a bad place,i can be strong as shit sometimes,then it all just drizzles away,i dont even like drinkng,i hate the taste,i hate the money spent,hate the way i feel,but i hate reality sometimes too,i was taking my son on a tour of his new high school friday,i had the worst anxiety,my legs were shaking,i dont know if its just worrying about gramma in the hospital,or what ive never had anxiety like this before,sorry to be so selfish,im just venting,scared that ill never be in control of stupid al,man i hate it! you guys have a good day
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly,

I am so sorry that this happened to you. Anxiety is a terrible thing. I have the exact same symptons that you had and it scared the crap out of me so for years I self medicated. Go to your dr or np and tell them they will put you on a regimen of meds to help. First will be an antidepressant and then a benzo for the "acute" attacks.

There is no reason to feel this way there are meds out there that can help. I know we have an addictive personality but if taken the right way the anxiety will disappear.

I took the same meds for years and now since I stopped using AL (which was a deadly combo and almost killed me literally, i took a nap and woke up in ICU 24 hours later) i don't take anything and so far only very mild anxiety at times that i can control.

Hope this helps, sending hugs:l
                          Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Mama - I'm glad you checked in...I was beginning to worry!

Pauly - JDG is right, you should tell your doctor about your anxiety, and again she's right, they will put you on AD's and a benzo, that's what I do, Prozac and Ativan as needed. My daughter has even indicated that she feels "social anxiety" so I plan to take her to the doctor. No need to risk her ever "self medicating"... Plus, once alcohol is completely gone, I am sure you will find that the anxiety goes too...

I have chicken adobo in the crockpot for tonight...Mama has shamed me back into cooking. HAHA. Now...if only she could guilt me into cleaning! LOL

Nora - Did you TTFP?

Everyone take it easy...will check in later!

Love y'all!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I am home and eating microwave food, so K9, you beat me today!!
                              Anxiety sucks and I too take meds..Paxil and Klonopin at night
                              crazy busy as usual, I am pooped
                              sober and gonna watch Netflix
                              and K9, I am of NO help in the cleaning dept.!!
                              Thinking of all of you, esp Pauly and hoping Nora TTFP!

Comment

and to top it off, Clay is still giving us fits about his new school. He is NOT gonna win this battle. He has made a commitment and he will stick to it

Comment

Working...
                                X