Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - August 2013

Evening,

tuckered out, cleaned house, did all 6 loads of laundry and then cooked garlic chicken alfredo. Whew! now time to watch lifetime and then bed.
    mama hope Clay gives in and at least tries, we have had to resort to home school for Lane, he began having anxiety.

Love to all,
    JDG
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Evening everyone, still toasty here but clouds rolling in. JDG so happy to see you- 6 loads of laundry and chicken Alfredo...I want to break out into that..I'm a W O M A N...song

Mama if I ever go back out there in the work a day world, I'd love you as a boss. A three hour AA Meeting, Wow...:l

K9 I read this article a few weeks ago titled ' 7 common time wasters' and imagine my happy surprise when i read that Cleaning was #5 !! :yay: so no more time wasting for this girl...

Pauly you and I are at opposite ends of the spectrum: I am super depressed and you are super anxiety..maybe we can mind meld ( too much star trek...) and meet ourselves in the middle. !

Well, home and not drinking...Matt's home too and I'm trying to absorb his fortnight in PA with my husbands brother...I am hearing that it was %^*^%# 'ed up to say the least...why oh why are these crazy, a-holes always in my orbit?

Not up to elaborating. Everything else going better though, sleep well everyone. :bedtime:
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

hey everyone,yeah kradle would be nice to meet in the middle and just be "normal"haha,nah i wouldnt wish anxiety or depression on anybody,weird thing is im hardly ever depressed,only during pms,which is what happened yet again this week,bleh,i hate being a woman sometimes,i was trying wild yam to help balance my hormones,i think it contributed to the anxiety?when i was taking kudzu,i felt weird too,enough with the supps,im going traditional meds,hope everyones well,love you guys..seriously,have a good day
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Kradle! I'm glad to hear that cleaning is considered a "time waster"...that makes it official...no more for this gal either! Did cooking happen to be on that list?

JDG - Wow...all that laundry plus alfredo??? AND time for Lifetime? Was there anything good on? I get seriously hooked on that channel on weekends. There's always a preview for the movie coming up next and I find that I just "have" to watch that one too! LOL

Mama - I am pretty sure that in this "Battle of the Wills" YOU are going to come out as the winner, and I'm sure Clay should know that by now! I hope he comes to terms with it and can just accept (and enjoy) where he's at. My daughter has finally come to terms with the fact that yes, school is back and and she must go! It's hard to accept, I know...I felt the same way when I had to come back to work...I sulked for 2 whole weeks!

Pauly - I'm sorry you go through emotional rollercoaster, especially at PMS time. Eat lots of ice cream this week and pamper yourself!

Nora - TTFP and I love you :h
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

hiya peeps...actually have enough time to check in at work
            I am going to therpay Kradle as part of my DUI "punishment" and I have hours to complete per the State of FLA.....I quit going for a bit cause of pshcho bitch at work that I had to fire. I was too drained at the end of the day. But I am back at it....
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Afternoon all,

yes k-9 there was good movies on lifetime and I too get hooked on that channel and remember almost all the beginnings of the movies but never the ending so I just re watch them.

Good day here grocery shopping and errands now time for rest and relaxation, back to work tomorrow.

good supper last night, tonight a hot dog. LOL
              Love and hugs
              JDG
              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

hi all
                Pauly I'm sorry you're having a rough time.

Hang in there with Clay Mama - I'm sure he'll be fine once he starts and meets people.

Hugs to Nora, K9 Kradle and JDG. :l
                There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Hey all......

I will TTFP tomorrow. I HAVE to. I don't know what's wrong with me!!! Yes - I do, I'm an alcoholic and keep putting it off. I always think that I can just control my drinking.
                  Gee - how's that working out for me?? :H

I laughed & laughed at 'cleaning is a time waster'. Believe me - I don't waste time on that. ROTFL (or the cooking )

Kradle - I'm so sorry. I've been thinking of you a lot lately and had hoped that this was a good break for you. Obviously not. :l

Pauly - I don't know how old you are - but my hormones went CRAZY when I was in pre-menopause. I was a basket case. I hope you can get it all sorted out.

Love & hugs to everyone. I'm going to bed early. I have to get up early to TTFP. :H Seriously though, I'm still exhausted from the weekend.....my legs/knees are hurting so bad. I just need to veg. Tomorrow I will be Wonder Woman.
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good evening everyone...hope all's comfy and AF tonight. Nora, I think you rock on no matter what. You're here; you're strong... :yougo:

Well I am once again eating everything in sight so I'll do your laundry JDG If you cook...I love hot dogs!

I don't remember if if cooking was on the list..I think i read it in the huffing and puffing- ton post. I usually don't admit to this.mone step up fro the enquirer, IMO...

Matt and daddy are off to do manly things ute woods this weekend. I have decided to stay put for labor day- actually have a wedding this Sunday- amazing to have a social engagement! Maybe I'll make a friend...
                    Oh and the girls are singing Bette midlers The Rose. I'm not certain why this leant make me happy anymore...

Got the news yesterday that the kids school district may strike right before the school start. I've never had to go thru this sort of thing. They don't strike at private schools and colleges.
                    I truly dant know what to do with news other than get lots of books at the library and plan some museum visits...maybe a field trip over to Seattle to the Art museum and my favorite Humbos from this Vietnamese booth at the market. But I just want to bury myself still.

Would be nice to be in the Middle Pauly. I actually grew Chinese Yams last summer and harvested them in the winter. I put them in miso soup with green onion and thought it very calming...but kudzu made me crazy too and the GABA was awful. Now I am on the regime of Amino 's, magnesium, bioten, my B Vitamins and I juice..the only thing I am missing in my regime is hearty exercise ...maybe I can join you at the gym Nora...:happy:
                    Still have dark, sad moods throughout the day I'm afraid. Crying a lot . Stuck in my head.

But I'm glad to have all of you. I really think I would go down the tubes if you all weren't here...:l

Sleep well, all.
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Oh Kradle.....hugs sweetie. Depression is a beast. I know. And the worst thing you can do it isolate.....
                      I am at work early, so I am sneaking on here. The lights are off in the office and it is quiet....ahhhh
                      Went to therapy again last night. It is exhausting, but so worth it. I was explaining to Hubs this morning that I am there cause I have to be, but it is becoming a bit like church for me. It really helps me focus on my spirituality. It's silly, as it is all about AL and drugs, but I am getting something completely different. Remember to Pray and Pause when you get overwhelmed. Duh.....it's so simple, but I don't do it. Work in progress.....
                      Clay muttered a few words last night. He came and work me up at 4 and said he couldn't slepp, so I went and snuggled with him and told him he could go in a little late as long as he had no tests.
                      He was deep breathing within minutes, so I staggered back to my own bed.
                      His first game in tomorrow night.
                      Nora.....I am going to drag your butt to some meetings with me.....................ARGH!!!
                      love to all.....will try to check in later
                      I am trying to remember the 5 P's
                      Pray, Pause (deep breaths), Plan, Party Responsibly (sober), and something else.....

Comment

JDG...did we congratulate you on 60 days sober??
                        That is HUGE girlie!!
                        Paully - extra love and Juja...where are you?
                        Hey Glass....guess FT in travelling again?

Comment

yeah juja where are you?missing you,aww mama,you and your son are so close how wonderful,im sure hell get used to the school in a bit,kids dont like change,but he cant see now that its benefiting him,later on he will,alrighty trying to peel myself out of bed and start the day,love you guys,lets make it a good one
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Peeps!
                            Mama...awww you and Clay snuggling, what a cute picture...you are one amazing mommy! Once in a blue moon Sierra will come and lay down next to me in the morning, but her really snuggly days seem to be over...that's why I got Jack! LOL

So Nora, not to be too nosy here (ok I am being VERY nosy) but you seem to go on and off the AB...are you having drinks on the "off" days, and are you having any reactions? I just want you to be careful! My experience of drinking on AB was reminiscent of the Exorcist (head spinning and projectile vomiting) and I don't want that to happen to you! Please be careful...and please, TTFP today! :h :l

Kradle - I feel for you. When I was home with my broken foot I got a first hand taste of depression, it sucks! It's taken me a while to get out of it too!

GHE, Pauly and JDG, hope you all have a great day. It's payday for me but doesn't mean a darn thing...it ALL goes to rent! But at least I have a home...let's concentrate on the positive!

Love you guys!

yeah...where is Juja, and FT for that matter?
                            and Nurdl has been missing for a long time :upset:
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I don't know if you could call it snuggling so much....more like trying to hug a tree
                              he has pulled the "I can't sleep, so I can't go to school" stunt before, so now he knows to wake me up and make me believe him....I have something that could help him sleep, but if I gave it to him at 4am, he would sleep thru the day
                              I called and woke him up at 10 and told him to get into the shower

I have "Paused" and "Prayed" twice so far....a bail bondsman showed up here this morning, so there was some drama, and then Bri (my new asst) was eating candy and her root canal popped out......pause, pray.......pause, pray......pause,pray :-)

Comment

home and frying chicken...nanny, nanny, boo, boo K9!

Comment

Working...
                                X