One Step at a Time - August 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftovers tonight...choice of: Chicken Adobo or Raviolis. That's as good as it gets on a Thursday night!!!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Morning peeps,

No congrats needed for 60 days mama, bc I did not make it. Im not overly upset, I used it as a learning experience and have been AF since. IMHO any improvement is better that what I was doing. Drinking to oblivion daily and then repeat. Thank you for thinking of it anyway.

Totally AF for couple of weeks now.

Hope everyone has a great Friday, and a super sober weekend.
      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Hi Kids!

How's everyone doing today? I'm soooo glad it's Friday and we get 3 days off...woo hoo! JDG - I think you're doing great, you're making serious improvements! Gawd knows it took me forever to get to being completely AF. I played around with it for YEARS. Just don't give up, and remember how good it feels being AF and AL will lose it's appeal. I know you can do it!

Where is Nora??? Get in here and report that you TTFP woman! LOL

Mama - Did Clay do okay last night? Sierra is still HATING school and now she wishes she had taken Honors classes (even though last year it was SO overwhelming and time consumig....) I just can't win with her right now...so I just shut my mouth, drive her to school and tell her I love her when she gets out of the car. I REALLY want this phase to be over....I'm tired of walking on eggshells.

I hope everyone checks in today...it's been quiet lately!

Mama - How is Bri's tooth? I've had one root canal and it was horrible.
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey all - sorry that I haven't been around. Just still in the thoughts in my head.
          But, I did get my new glasses yesterday. So, my eyes are SO tired now. Going to have to give it up soon. I went back to the gym today. So, good job there.

K9 - that's not a nosy question. That is what I have been worried about. I'm still struggling major, big time. But, tomorrow we have plans all day. So, I'll be busy. And, I am DETERMINED that September is the start of my AF. Which means that I need TTFP daily. I might be begging for some phone numbers to get me home everyday. We'll see how it goes. But, I am determined. It has been 6 months now since my Dad passed. Time to get back to where I was before. I am being so depressed about my Mom but I can't help her if I'm dead. So, time to take care of me.

I am going up to stay with my Mom for 2 weeks in November. I can't wait. I told her that I already had my tickets today and she was so excited. As much as she loves my brother, I just don't think it's the same as having your daughter be with you. Breaks my heart that I can't do that full time.

Things are going better here and I need to embrace that and move forward. Thank you all for sticking with me during this time. I know that I have sounded like a broken record. I am going to turn over a new leaf starting tomorrow - so watch out!!!! :H

Love & hugs to all. Off to take a cold shower - it must be 90? here in the house. :upset:
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

? It doesn't matter how slowly you go, as long as you don't stop. ?
            ? Confucius

I'm not stopping!!! I am going to do this. :h
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

damn it all...amazing, thoughtful, insightful post and damn computer dies...
              basically...Nora....I am on my way to put my foot up your butt....
              Clay is still being a pain but won his game last night...we continue to pretend all is well, but I am thinking of cancelling his birthday party next week......but I want him to have a memorable 18th...K9, I so feel the eggshell thing....it's wearing me out
              and I need to go grocery shopping and buy a printer.............
              that's about it
              love and hugs to all
              Oh and they want 6k to fix all of Bri's tooth issues....basic bait and switch to get her in there....I think she is just going to have it pulled....and talk about family drama....she and her kid and her crazy family are OVER THE TOP.....she is a sweetheart and does a good job, but........................I have a gentle talk with her and told things needed to settle down and her 8 year old could not barge into the office any time she wants......it's only a two man office and insanely busy and we have to 110% all day....
              rant over
              Nora...call me if you need me.....glad you are going to Mom's
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

back from shopping...spent a small fortune and bought Clay a 50 inch tv for his 18th birthday and got a good deal....he is so spoiled but seems really happy for now
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I'm so glad that Clay loved his present. It is HARD walking on eggshells all the time. I really feel for you all with the teenagers. :H

Had a great lunch with my nephew, his wife, Casey, Scott & me. Casey even paid for our lunch. I went to the gym when we got home. I'm going again tomorrow with Casey. Things are better. Thank you all for the love & support.
                  (Mama - get your foot out of my ass :H )

I'm going to start the September thread right now. Time to move on!!!

Love you all & check in for our September thread. :h
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                  X