Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Saturday 3rd August

Aww bless.

Now is it me or are you feeling a tad better in yourself today, D'Arsey.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1539530 wrote: Aww bless.

Now is it me or are you feeling a tad better in yourself today, D'Arsey.
      Calmer, JC, calmer. Will be very glad once Thursday is over (meeting with the CEO and me line manager where i will have to slap on a professional face and smile lots :stomper - and then the month of August. And then... well, who knows...

Comment

Good morning army

satz123;1539483 wrote: Decided don't like living alone - been doing for past 3 days .....
        Thought I was a loner but appears not
        Oh....where has Mr S gone, satzy? Must've missed that.

Firefox;1539492 wrote: Morning Tipps and Satz. I was awake with the birds this morning as Ollie the oldest cat woke me at 5am to go out so cudn't get back asleep.
        Mmmm...why not get a cat flap foxy?

tiptronic_ct;1539506 wrote: Morning Satzuma, Foxy, JC & D'Arsey

Well... you remove the contact lens from its little holder, rinse, place it on the tip of a finger and transfer to the subject's eyeball. It requires the subject to pull the eyelids open, then release and blink. According to the cub, he can get the 1st one in himself, but then can't focus to do the 2nd.
        On the subject of optics, I got my first pair of specs yesterday. They take a little getting used to (they're varifocals) but it's so good to be able to read again!

JackieClaire;1539522 wrote:
        Believe it or not I take surgical gloves and several poo bags when I'm on poo patrol.
        You're trying to put me off getting a dog now, aren't you!

JackieClaire;1539522 wrote:
        Oooh where's Reccy. We have a 2 flowering gladioli. They are gigantic.
        Was watching the live coverage on the Beeb, Jackie. Very exciting. Have you thought about names yet?

RunningCourage;1539524 wrote:
        Reminds of when i first had (or remembering having) diarrhea - shouted "MUM!!!! Help!!! I'm PEEING OUT ME BUM!"
        :H:H:H

Comment

RunningCourage;1539534 wrote: Calmer, JC, calmer. Will be very glad once Thursday is over (meeting with the CEO and me line manager where i will have to slap on a professional face and smile lots :stomper - and then the month of August. And then... well, who knows...
          Calmer is good, very good.

You know I'd completely forgotten my SIL was made redundant last year. She was absolutely pole-axed. Age 50 and on the scrap heap. She's working again but only taking short term contracts as she doesn't want to go through all the thanks for coming in for 20 years now bog off stuff again.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Recluse;1539535 wrote:

Was watching the live coverage on the Beeb, Jackie. Very exciting. Have you thought about names yet?
            I'm thinking Duwayne and Marcel.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1539537 wrote: Calmer is good, very good.

You know I'd completely forgotten my SIL was made redundant last year. She was absolutely pole-axed. Age 50 and on the scrap heap. She's working again but only taking short term contracts as she doesn't want to go through all the thanks for coming in for 20 years now bog off stuff again.
              Your SIL sounds wise with taking short term contracts..

Business can be like bad manners. I think what really gets to me is not so much the shrewd and at times wiley ways of business - I get, and can support this - but that people in positions of power in the business can fundamentally ignore, forget, or not care about the human aspects. Indeed, in my case, I believe there was one person who was hugely disrespectful of me. Thus my homicidal dreams :H:H

Comment

Morning reccy :hallo:

Orf out for a gander folks.

Comment

I saw Satz, there.
                  Oy did yer get me Crunchies?
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Doc? Where's me Doc? Hellooooooo :waving:

And can I have Lion Bar if JC's getting a crunchie?

Comment

JackieClaire;1539538 wrote: I'm thinking Duwayne and Marcel.
                      Gawd...is that a literary reference JC? If so, I'm afraid it's lost on me. Sounds very American.

RunningCourage;1539540 wrote:
                      Business can be like bad manners. I think what really gets to me is not so much the shrewd and at times wiley ways of business - I get, and can support this - but that people in positions of power in the business can fundamentally ignore, forget, or not care about the human aspects.
                      Yep, I agree, arsey, but it's all too common unfortunately.

Comment

RunningCourage;1539546 wrote: Doc? Where's me Doc? Hellooooooo :waving:

And can I have Lion Bar if JC's getting a crunchie?
                        Yes I'm here - since cock crow - not sure it's only the Reckstar needs glasses :H
                        Choc run was last night RC - :H:H yer snooze yer lose !

Comment

JackieClaire;1539543 wrote: I saw Satz, there.
                          Oy did yer get me Crunchies?
                          Ate them all on me way back

Comment

Recluse;1539548 wrote: Gawd...is that a literary reference JC? If so, I'm afraid it's lost on me. Sounds very American.

As odd as it sounds on the way to my uncle's funeral with the kids we spent the journey down there thinking of names for the new prince or princess. They were 2 of the favourites along with Derek.

satz123;1539551 wrote:
                            Ate them all on me way back
                            I've gorn orff you, just a little bit.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Recluse;1539535 wrote: Good morning army

Oh....where has Mr S gone, satzy? Must've missed that.

On the subject of optics, I got my first pair of specs yesterday. They take a little getting used to (they're varifocals) but it's so good to be able to read again!

You're trying to put me off getting a dog now, aren't you!

:H:H:H
                              Gone to Racing Festival in Galway Reccie - used to have my own little 'festival' here when I had these days to myself ! Now it's sober Satz for company - it's ok- but discovered I am a scaredy cat at night :H

Be careful with the varifocals - they take a bit of getting used to . Like on stairs etc.

Comment

RunningCourage;1539540 wrote: Your SIL sounds wise with taking short term contracts..

Business can be like bad manners. I think what really gets to me is not so much the shrewd and at times wiley ways of business - I get, and can support this - but that people in positions of power in the business can fundamentally ignore, forget, or not care about the human aspects. Indeed, in my case, I believe there was one person who was hugely disrespectful of me. Thus my homicidal dreams :H:H
                                It IS business at the end of the day.
                                There is no sentiment at all.
                                I saw a friend of mine -she was at the start up in a tiny premises - of this big ccompany in Irleand. She was leaving after 20 years - longest serving Irish employee. She sent a mail to the Ireland Site Manager (also Irish)saying she was leaving - he didn't even respond.
                                This was the guy - the man of the people - who spouted always that 'my door is always open if you want to talk / send an email yarra yarra yarra - and we believed him.
                                She was hurt.
                                Went off signed on with an agency and was back as a temp within the year. More money - but none of the bullshit we have to listen to.
                                Pig in shit comes to mind :H

Comment

Working...
                                X