Going AF, may mean going without sleep for awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most recovering alcoholics develop problems with sleep during abstinence.
    AnswersForSleep.com

Sleep and Alcohol
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

All very true.

I've always had sleep issues throughout my life, no problem nodding off though. I do remember every attempt I had at abstenance always started off with insomnia at about day 4 or 5 AF. Was horrible but just had to push through it and eventually my body would get so tired it would sleep.

Not had that this time because my consumption has been pretty limited with lots of AF days so not affecting me in that way. I also think the method I used initially to lose my cravings, and break the grip alcohol had on me made a massive difference because it's not cold turkey as such.
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

One of the reasons why is once your get alcohol out of your system you have a lot more energy available.
      Success is making yourself do the thing you need to do, when you need to do it, whether you like it or not.
      If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

Comment

Hi Mona, I am 54, and a shift worker, so I thought my sleep issues were a result of those two factors. Turns out drinking made it even worse. After two months AF I still have trouble staying asleep sometimes but mostly I wake up feeling like a million dollars! Well worth the first few weeks of adjustments.
        Newbies Nest
        Toolbox
        My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
        X