Army Thread Monday 5th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenstyle;1540454 wrote: I had a lot of SE's Sweety. And I'm tall... over 5'9"... so I was getting quite high up in the dosing. All in all... it wasn't for me. I don't like taking medication. I take one tiny wee pill a day and handfulls of vitamins... all those mainstream med pills a day made me worry. Plus the side effects. So.... I stopped.
    We give it out a lot to patients with spasticity and wot not. Never knew it had uses for alcoholism til came here! Does Tips still take it?

Comment

oh what a day for me to walk in on ya'll talking pills... mine are poisoning me
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

InChains;1540463 wrote: oh what a day for me to walk in on ya'll talking pills... mine are poisoning me
        Hey Inchy Long time no see:l

What's happening with you?

Comment

InChains;1540463 wrote: oh what a day for me to walk in on ya'll talking pills... mine are poisoning me
          only ibuprofen, m'dear.

you ok? sound a bit down there...

Comment

my body isn't handling the meds, i need to fix my liver function and immune system or stop taking them n go back to how my skin was before... kinda the last straw

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

mollyka;1540466 wrote: Sounds awful stressful in the job Peaser ---- dunno what you can do tho if you can't work elsewhere --- s'pose with nursing there are lots of 'outside the box' sort of jobs --- agency nursing, pharmaceutical reps - that sort of thing?

I HATE taking medication at all these days --- had to take ibuprofen a couple of days when Joey was acting the bollix - nasty headaches, but didn't like it AT ALL!!!

I WISH!!!!! She's GORGEOUS!!!!!
              Glad you had a great time anyways Molls

I could not for the life of me be a rep!!! Not a hope in hell!

Have an online application to fill in before the 8th (for a community post)-but its been so long since I did one am a bit confused wit it all, thought of interview scares the crap outa me too, but needs must!

Comment

InChains;1540472 wrote: my body isn't handling the meds, i need to fix my liver function and immune system or stop taking them n go back to how my skin was before... kinda the last straw
                Sorry Inchy- only in from work and haven't seen your thread. What pills are ye on?

Comment

sweetpea: azathioprine, low dose for eczma

n molly: I don't know is the simple answer to alcohols involvement, i know my liver functions not what it should be, i don't know if thats just meds or if alcohols not exactly helping me out. n to be honest, i don't want to take the chance of it reverting, i'd rather let the drugs kill me. its something you can't understand unles you've lived with it...

Comment

mollyka;1540478 wrote: Just be yourself Weepea ---- cram up on any info. you need to about the work of the community nurse ---- and then charm them the way you charmed us........ can't lose honey!!!!!
                    Couldn't be a rep myself --- just know loads of nurses do that and seem to do well at it...... horrible job
                    Absolutely Molls- would hate any job to do with sales- just couldn't do it. Sad thing is I actually love my ward and the type of patient but it's just getting too unsafe..
                    Not sure about being able to charm me way into community but will give it a go!!

InChains;1540481 wrote:
                    sweetpea: azathioprine, low dose for eczma

n molly: I don't know is the simple answer to alcohols involvement, i know my liver functions not what it should be, i don't know if thats just meds or if alcohols not exactly helping me out. n to be honest, i don't want to take the chance of it reverting, i'd rather let the drugs kill me. its something you can't understand unles you've lived with it...
                    Inchy- surely your GP is the one prescribing the med and monitoring yer bloods- no? What is he/she saying about it? All I do know is that adding booze to the mix is not gonna help yer liver function. Sorry don't mean that to sound flippant or harsh - you know that anyhows Inchy xx

Comment

doc doesn't exactly know i drink on meds at all... she never asked so alkie brain said don't tell her haha.

sweetpea: gp not involved, only dermatology can give drugs on that level for skin so its dealt with by n absolutely lovely dermatology nurse, who asks consultants who now want my b12 etc testing to see if thats whats causing my results. nobodys questioned me on lifestyle

Comment

InChains;1540484 wrote: doc doesn't exactly know i drink on meds at all... she never asked so alkie brain said don't tell her haha.
                        I'd imagine, if they don't know bout the booze, they'll put yer liver function being off down to the med and may stop prescribing it... Are there warnings with yer med? Like no booze etc?

Comment

night molly

n sweetpea 'consume alcohol in moderation', which i figured is what we're all supposed to do anyway so dunno if its a proper warning

Comment

Nighters and sweetdreams Molls and Inchy xxx

Must away meself now too....

Inchy- hope ye can talk about this honestly with that skins nurse. I reckon ye know yourself the affect booze on top of the med may be having on yer liver and bloods:l Glad they're monitoring you anyways. Take care wee one xx

Comment

will do sweetpea, quitting this week so may resurface soon

Comment

Working...
                              X