FALL FROM GRACE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FALL FROM GRACE

I don't even know what to say now. I had a very bad fall, and I am now trying to deal with the aftermath. Shame. remorse and self-recrimination.

Looking back I can see how the storm was brewing, but hindsight is not so great.

I could elaborate about what is going on in my life right now, but even to me it just sounds like excuses. There is no excuse. A willful suspension of common sense.
    Just utterly ridiculous.

Please send me good thoughts. I need all the help I can get

FALL FROM GRACE

Ann, I am sending you TONS of good thoughts! No matter what has happened you can get right back up and do this. You know you have all us here for support.:l
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Ann, what's done is done. No turning back, please stay strong and look forward. Sending, good positive thoughts as requested. You can change things AC, and this place can help enormously.
      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

AC please don't beat yourself up. What's done is done, hopefully we learn from our past but we control our future. Will today be your new day one?
        Newbies Nest
        Toolbox
        My accountability thread

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Ann,

I've been wondering where you were :l. You were an active poster in my early days on MWO and I enjoyed your enthusiasm about your AF life. I hope you come back and keep it all fresh in your mind by frequent reading and posting.

Whatever happened does not negate all you've accomplished - 2013 can still be your year! To quote a special friend:

Ann Carolina;1433188 wrote:
          I'll start with my pledge-I am going to use every tool in the shed, every thing big and small I can think of to achieve this goal! Once you struggle long enough you learn what works and what does not. For me it is about staying away from drinking social situations, at least for a while. And of course antabuse. You gotta take the damn pill!

To everyone here at MWO-I love you all and SO appreciate the wisdom and kindness I have found here.

Let's share our progress and thoughts this coming year. 2013 here we come and we are beating the ass of the alcohol rascal
          :h NS

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Ann :l
            We are here for you dear friend. Don't dwell on what happened, try to move forward...I know, easier said than done. Feel free to share if you want, we definitely understand. It's good to see you...please stick close!
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Hello Ann,

First of all, one of these:

Yup, it's hug time for Ann.

Lots of good advice there - and what Molls says about armoury I think is really important. And as others have said, please try not to beat yourself up. Yes, have time to reflect on it, consider it, the why's, the lead-in time and what you might do in the future to counter that. Words written are all too often too easy, but please take comfort that so many here have either done, or are going through something quite similar - do reach out and ask, PM folks who may have gone through something similar.

You've helped so many here, and I for one look forward to you posting with regularity again :l

RC

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

THANK YOU

I am so grateful for my friends here at MWO. Day one would be yesterday, had to spend the whole day recovering from the fall.

Onward I will go. Life just sucks sometimes, and there is no easy way around that. I will be working on my issues of self-hatred as much as I can.

Thank you all for being here. I HATE these start-overs! I know better!

I intend to stay close to this place now. I hope you guys don't get tired of my whining.

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Hello Sweet Ann :l

I truly truly belive that each and ever step of this journey, no matter how painful or mind bending, is completely crucial to getting well again...to getting back to where we started and then surging ahead.

This is how I hope you can view your stumble. MWO is the ONLY place to be for us NO MATTER WHAT....:h

Mama Bear said the other day that her true friends were here, on MWO because she could always be honest here. I have thought a lot about that.....The people you have helped and met here are everything

This relapse is just another brick in your AL Free wall...an arrow in your quiver...a bullet in your gun...another notch in your lipstick case.... well, you get the idea

Lots of Herbal tea, now and star trek....really pushes the peacefulness though your body.

LOve you, :l
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Ann I view addiction as an illness of the soul. As in any bad physical illness we will have relapses. What really matters to our wellness is that we not give up the fight. That is exactly what you are doing.
                    I am so glad for you that you have chosen to come back here and keep trying. The world is a better place for you in it. Many on this site are better because of you. Now you can be better because of some of us.
                    Thank you for all you have given and all you will give.:l
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Ann,
                      We all understand how difficult a journey this is. Glad to have you back and hope you will stay close. I know I benefited from your daily reporting of your progress.
                      Free at Last
                      "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                      http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Back on the horse Ann. The only way out is through.

G bloke. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

We are all just one drink away from day one again, Ann. Best wishes and prayers of strength to you. It happens, just look forward, not back. You are a good person. Remember that.

Waggy
                          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Ann,

The farther any of us are away from our last drink brings us closer to our next. A saying from AA.

I am glad you made it back.

I am glad you are here.

Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Welcome back, we will all just keep quitting, every day. It took me five years after I started posting here.

You do have the strength you need inside you, especially with all the support here.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                              X