Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FALL FROM GRACE

ODD FACT

I have no problem admitting the terrible past I have. That being said--I decided to quit smoking crack (a while ago) and I quit. No looking back and I would not smoke it now for a million dollars.

But drinking-what the hell? To me at least more addictive than crack. Weird

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Hey Ann,

Just perused the thread briefly but wanted to second all of the great words of advice, wisdom and inspiration that everyone posted. I'm amazed at how many people continue to offer words that are meaningful regardless of where we are in this struggle. This is definitely a community of caring.
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Ann, moving is very emotional. As G said get back on the horse. This is a very loving community i.e. your replies to your posts. Go well.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

keep your chin up, i've fallen more times than k9's panties, the important thing is that the bumps are what we climb on!

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

TRYING TO MOVE ON

Thanks everyone. All is well again, counting days but not announcing since it seems I should not.

The moving is going to occupy a lot of time for the next 2 months or so. Serious down-sizing going on. It's very freeing actually. It just seems silly to drag around so much unnecessary stuff. I mean really-how many candles does a person need? Just an example.

At least there is a bit of insight on the fall. It was in the making for a while. I was just not diligent enough to stop in this time. After all isn't that what it's about? Don't like how you're feeling? Change it. Fortunately part of the process is learning how to change it in a healthy way or work through it. I don't know this by now? *sigh*

Anyhooo--thanks for being here. I will plod ahead and remember the hell of the fall.
            It just gets worse, never better, as we all know. Nothing good can come from picking up a drink. Nothing AT ALL.

Peace and love

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Ann - just wanted to also drop by to give you big hugs. :l:h

I agree with you that giving up the alcohol is so much harder than the drugs for me. I stopped speed cold turkey... period....and would never do it again. Why do I keep letting alcohol back in? I was at a Supervisor's Drug & Alcohol Impairment training yesterday. (Yes - I was being trained on recognizing this in the workplace )They said that quitting speed or crack had very low success results. That was a cakewalk to me compared to the alcohol.

On a lighter note - I laughed at your candle comment. I just had a yard sale - you would not believe the number of candles that I had out to sell. :H
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Hey Nora

It does seem odd that the addiction stats etc may or may not be true, in terms of difficulty in stopping. Just depends on the individual I suppose.

I used to have a yard sale every year, and every year I swore I would not buy more crap. This time I am REALLY going to try.

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

I think your signature says it best.....one day at a time

Ju can doooooo eeeeeet girly!
                  Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

Hello Ann

Just dust yourself off and get back on course....we have all been there....
                    You've been CRITICISING yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try APPROVING of yourself and see what happens......

Comment

FALL FROM GRACE

BACK UP FROM FALL

Forging ahead. I won't go on and on about the bad feelings. I'm just trying to use it once again as a teachable moment. I guess the question is WILL I EVER LEARN?

It's a process , I know. To me it's about simply being comfortable with who I am. Which in turn means being the best person I can be in order to achieve that comfort level.

Still early here-starting another day of excavation, trips to Goodwill, and deciding what to keep. This move is feeling like a new start for several reasons. I won't be settled in until early October I would say, which is a great time of year at any rate.

I wish I could have all of you over when it's all done.

Comment

Working...
                      X