Army Thread Wednesday 7th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenstyle;1541127 wrote: His wheely bin went off into town without him... Went to pick up some birds.
    THAT'S RUBBISH :H:H

Comment

satz123;1541130 wrote: THAT'S RUBBISH :H:H
      :H:H:H

Comment

That'll be us on page 5 now.

BLEH ALERT.

Just gonna download some thoughts here. Prolly pretty broing.

Got the second meeting re the restructure at the arts centre and my proposed redundancy. The first meeting was when the metaphorically punched me with telling me there was to be a restructure whereby my post would no longer be.

I have read the job description and I have thought about it. It looks a very good job and in terms of moving the organisation forward and developing the organisation as one that is robust and can fulfill the business plan written 2 years back, then this post makes absolute strategic sense. It is a fat post - there is much to it - and much that i find attractive about it. Indeed in terms of similar posts in similar arts organsiations, i think it is one of the most attractive, inspired that is going.

Becuase it is such a fat post, I do wonder - and will therefore ask tomorrow - how it is supported, particualrly with regards the administration of the projects, classes, events etc that the post would be developing and managing. That apart, i don't have much to ask.

I will then move on to say that i am really quite disappointed in the way this restructure has been handled. ALthough it is all above board and legal and done in accordance with the Trades Union and Labour act (section 188, I believe) which the organisation's redundancy policy is based, I am disappointed that my line manager in particular did not feel the need to share with me, in private and in trust, that there were changes ahead. At the very least this would have been less of a shock. Of course details of any restructure I would not be privy to, but considering the lack of communication by way of meetings these past few months and, frankly, direction [I don;t think i'll say that bit though - not got the nerve]... let me re-write.... Of course details of any restructure I would not be privy to, however i believe it shows a lack of value and perhaps even respect to a loyal member of the team.

[they then might want to respond to that...]

I am not sure whether I want to ask about
        a) why when i tried to develop a stragtegy in Dec last year i felt it was effectively side-lined by my line manager leaving me somewhat at a loss as to where to my focus should be... and thus why was i not supported further to develop such a strategy?
        b) acknowledging that the functioning of the participation programme in-house lost it's way in Jan/Feb due to a combo of factors, including changing personnel with regards the administration of it, and that i then took that over (the administration in March)...well it feels like i have been used as as a stop-gap. polyfilla.... though i can't exactly say that.
        c) yet through all this there has been no mention of an imminent restructure - surely this would have been fair?

Yes, i know it's business. But working in an arts centre with 80 folks, 20 of whom are office, the rest being "floor staff" or freelancers is not the same as working in a large faceless corporate body. I thought - naievely - that despite hard times, there might be a wee bit more of a human process going on.

I can't get emotional. I need to speak clearly. I cannot waffle which i have a tendency to do. Thus trying to write stuff here.

Thanks for letting me post this

Comment

satz123;1541130 wrote: THAT'S RUBBISH :H:H
          The wheely bin called to say he found some right durty birds but they robbed him of his contents and then fecked off. :new:

Comment

love sound of that fish dish Zenners - that sauce would be loverly with some fresh fresh hake I had this eve.
            Details pleeeeeeeeze

Comment

I'm here, only briefly, watching 24 hours in A & E on catch up
              AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

:H:H

Thank you m'lovelies for the weely bins and rubbish jokes :H

Comment

Zenstyle;1541135 wrote: The wheely bin called to say he found some right durty birds but they robbed him of his contents and then fecked off. :new:
                  :H
                  They 'cleaned him out' so to speak ? :H

Comment

RunningCourage;1541134 wrote:
                    Thanks for letting me post this
                    Dinnae be sae daft laddie. Thanks for sharing with us. :l

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of that kind of establishment so I really don't have anything to say I'm afraid. ( I'll re-read it and see if I can find something useful. Where's Reccy when you need him?

Comment

Zenstyle;1541141 wrote: Dinnae be sae daft laddie. Thanks for sharing with us. :l

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of that kind of establishment so I really don't have anything to say I'm afraid. ( I'll re-read it and see if I can find something useful. Where's Reccy when you need him?
                      It's simple really: Good post; not the greatest handling of personnel (irrespective of how they feel i did my job, whether they want me in the new post yada yada) ...

Come 10.30am ASAP - then i get outta there... and a year ago would have gone for a fine pint of Guinness :H ... uhm... may just go for a walk instead... and then open SKIVERVILLE :goodjob: :H

Comment

satz123;1541136 wrote: love sound of that fish dish Zenners - that sauce would be loverly with some fresh fresh hake I had this eve.
                        Details pleeeeeeeeze
                        One very large organic tomato
                        Half a large organic onion (OK... I'll shut the feck up with the organic now!) :H finely chopped
                        4 large cloves of garlic
                        Little bit of tomato paste
                        Fresh herbs (whatever you fancy really... I'm using cilantro (coriander))
                        8 large black olives chopped
                        8 large green olives chopped (any kind will do)
                        Capers

Boil tomato to loosen skin and remove same burning fingers in the process.
                        Shove the onions in a pan with olive oil and the garlic, some of yer pink Himalayan salt and pepper and saute.
                        Go back to the hot tomato and see if it's still too hot to chop the fecker.
                        Chop the fecker.
                        Throw it in the pan with the onions and leave that lot to cook for ages until it's soft. Add a splash of tomato paste at some point.
                        Add yer olives and capers.
                        Add yer chopped fresh herbs at the last minute.

Yer trying to reduce the tomato sauce so leave the lid off after it's cooked enough (when you add the olives and capers)

Cooking time: Depends on who's on the Army thread to distract the cook.

Comment

satz123;1541139 wrote: :H
                          They 'cleaned him out' so to speak ? :H
                          Haa haa haaaaaa *snooooooort*

Comment

Zenstyle;1541148 wrote: One very large organic tomato
                            Half a large organic onion (OK... I'll shut the feck up with the organic now!) :H finely chopped
                            4 large cloves of garlic
                            Little bit of tomato paste
                            Fresh herbs (whatever you fancy really... I'm using cilantro (coriander))
                            8 large black olives chopped
                            8 large green olives chopped (any kind will do)
                            Capers

Boil tomato to loosen skin and remove same burning fingers in the process.
                            Shove the onions in a pan with olive oil and the garlic, some of yer pink Himalayan salt and pepper and saute.
                            Go back to the hot tomato and see if it's still too hot to chop the fecker.
                            Chop the fecker.
                            Throw it in the pan with the onions and leave that lot to cook for ages until it's soft. Add a splash of tomato paste at some point.
                            Add yer olives and capers.
                            Add yer chopped fresh herbs at the last minute.

Yer trying to reduce the tomato sauce to leave the lid off after it's cooked enough.

Cooking time: Depends on who's on the Army thread to distract the cook.

:H:H Puhleeese write yer own cook book

"Chop the feckers"

(organic)cooking with Zen.
                            Don't stab yer boss/ma/best friend/sister [delete as appropriate], stab a feckin hot tomato and get cookin

Comment

RunningCourage;1541147 wrote: It's simple really: Good post; not the greatest handling of personnel (irrespective of how they feel i did my job, whether they want me in the new post yada yada) ...

Come 10.30am ASAP - then i get outta there... and a year ago would have gone for a fine pint of Guinness :H ... uhm... may just go for a walk instead... and then open SKIVERVILLE :goodjob: :H
                              So... it sounds like it's something you can do without much effort... a shoe-in as it were. Hmmm... it's starting to feel as if they might want you for that position Arsey. Not that I want to raise false hopes... but who better than someone that's familiar with it?

Maybe play it a bit smart tomorrow. Be up front with them but maybe don't offload on them for their lack of dedication to their employees. (Leave THAT for if you don't get the job...)

Comment

RunningCourage;1541151 wrote: :H:H Puhleeese write yer own cook book

"Chop the feckers"

(organic)cooking with Zen.
                                Don't stab yer boss/ma/best friend/sister [delete as appropriate], stab a feckin hot tomato and get cookin
                                :H:H:H

Just call me Zenny Ramsay. "Chop the fucking tomato and add it to the onion NOW. What's taking you so long? There are fucking people waiting to be served out there! Ya moron!"

Comment

Working...
                                X