HORMONE HELP PLEASE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HORMONE HELP PLEASE...

Well, my Bi-Polar has really kicked in with a vengence this week...lots of stress of course but Menopause to boot. :eeks: I feel just crazy manic - up up up for a few hours, staring into space, dead as a door knob the next few hours. Trying REALLY hard to hide this form my family...

But I am mortified to discover that the other night I caved (after over a month, damn it) and I leveled out..as in I didn't feel that creeping mania I try to get a grip on. That's not good and we all know why...

I am on the Lamitcal for the mania which has been a blessing but with the added menopause hormones, the intense Stress form Matt and marriage... WOW...my head goes to all sorts of dark and lonley places, especially in the evenings...

So with help of my peeps around the globe, what natural vitamin regime, juicing veggies and fruits have you all found helpful??

Obviously I can't use AL to level out even though the relief was intense and I was able to stop once I was leveled...like how long will that last...NOT!

So please, any suggestions, articles you can trickle my way will be so appreciated. I refuse to fall into the AL trap again. We all know where there train leads..:upset:

:h
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

HORMONE HELP PLEASE...

Kradle - I wish I had the answers. I hope that somewhere here does. The menopause was AWFUL!!!! Very good for you for knowing that AL is not the answer.
    Great big hugs to you.....:l:h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

HORMONE HELP PLEASE...

yikes kradle,i dont know either,i know i always feel crazy around period time and thats usually when i cave,dam im scared whats gonna happen when i go through menopause,obviously lots of women on here got sober even through all that,hopefully someone will come along with some advice,hugs to you sweetie
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

HORMONE HELP PLEASE...

Kradle, I'd had night sweats for years....I thought for sure it was meno. But a few days after I stopped drinking they stopped and I've never had another one. My mood is leveled out and I really haven't had any other symptoms other than a hot flash every now and then....once a month maybe? I can live with that. AL messes with us, if you can get that totally out of the equation then you'll know what you're really working with. My moods were all over the place too with AL....it was like a ping pong match of emotions. Once I quit, I'm pretty level all the time now. It was amazing the things I was blaming on other things but most of them were a result of dam AL. At least for me. I wish you luck with your symptoms. xxo, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

HORMONE HELP PLEASE...

Kradle,
          I'm sorry you are having so much difficulty!

How long have you been on the Lamictal? More than a month? If so, it sounds like it's not working very well. Talk to your doc about a dosage adjustment or possibly a change in medication. Ask if it's OK to add a natural OTC supplement with St Johns Wort like Amoryn. I have found it to be a very safe & effective mood stabilizer. PM me if you need more info.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X