Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 12th August

Gooooood morning, folksies

Ended up taking Mrs. T and the cubs out for the day yesterday - we decided to ignore the wintry weather. Back to reality with a bump, though. A busy week lies ahead.

Let's hope we all have an embuggerance-free Monday!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Mr T,

Back to work for you today?

Embuggerance - good word! Will add to my word cache. My embuggerance is stiff and sore neck n shoulders :H

Day off here... well, officially week off... but looking to go in at least one day, maybe two.

Hope yis all don't have a manic monday, but more a mellow one.

Comment

Thought (or quote) for the day.

Found this this morning...
      by Ralph Waldo Emerson

?Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life's cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another you have only an extemporaneous half possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.?

Comment

Thank feck someone else is about
        Thought it was sumffink i said :H

Comment

PP - :l for you and all today.

Inchers - aye, just as Molls said. :l ... although my sleep was fucked last night - up at 3am and dreams, so many fecking dreams... weird... :H:H

Comment

Good morning Tipperooo, D'Arsey, Mollymoo,

Some one gerrus a cup of coffee, will ya?
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning tips, arsey, molly.

Slow start today here too molls. Waiting for the postie....there's usually a load of advertising shite on Mondays for the bin.

Like the quote arsey. And of course I hope the situation at the hospital improves sweetie.

Comment

Morning folks.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

:wavin: Jackie

Comment

Shite - another xpost! - :wavin: tabbers

Comment

The advertising shite duly arrived - half price champagne, ?5 off a bottle of whisky, etc etc Bin.

Comment

Morning Tabbers and Reccybear,

Crikey you get yer post early, Reccy. We're lucky to get ours before 12.

I remember ordering the book The East Way to Stop Drinking and got a mass of money off coupons for some wine merchants. Duh!!!!
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

ive called the doc for help. i drank 11 cans yesterday, a bottle of wine and then started on the vodka!
                          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

girly wirly;1542675 wrote: ive called the doc for help. i drank 11 cans yesterday, a bottle of wine and then started on the vodka!
                            Girly, me darling it's the only way to go for you now. The amount you've been drinking reminds me very much of my own. I needed de-toxing and I reckon you need one too.

They are there to help, be open and honest with him/her. They'll have heard worse.

You know deep down this has to end and you have to end it.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

i feel very very scared as i cant think of anything other than suicide. i wont do it though because of kids. i have water. the doc cant see me until tomorrow. my major debts are scaring me too. im shaking so bad i can barely pick my water glass up, ive managed to stop myself drinking this morning. ive only just accepted this week that im not a heavy drinker. im an alcoholic. been drinking all day everyday for three weeks solid. i cant remember the last time i actually went to bed.
                              The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Working...
                              X