Army Thread Friday 16th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackser - someone on here needs your help - are you up for it ?
    Bzzd - he's having a rough time over there on his own story thread !

Comment

.......................runs off and hides behind the :sofa:

I'll have a bit of a think.

Brain's still a bit fried from this morning.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1544504 wrote: .......................runs off and hides behind the :sofa:

I'll have a bit of a think.

Brain's still a bit fried from this morning.
        What happened this morning Jackser ? did I miss summit ?
        Don't worry others are there at the mo
        Just his story was really sad !!

Comment

satz123;1544515 wrote: What happened this morning Jackser ? did I miss summit ?
          Don't worry others are there at the mo
          Just his story was really sad !!
          Sorry should have been a bit clearer. I tend to make light of the phone calls. Just we had about 10 from one service user wanting his alcohol support worker. They're a completely different service to us and as he was getting more and more hammered, he got more and more frustrated and angry.

Honestly my heart goes out to him. 37 years old and his brain is mush. He reckoned his support worker was at the beach with every body.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well that certainly killed the thread.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

evening all, was gonna go running today but thighs still aren't right, one of the runners fancy giving me some tips? think i could do with 'em xD

sorry to hear about the phone call JC, it must have been very hard to deal with, hope you're ok after (I know sometimes customers/clients can be quite affecting)
              I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Just seen Mo Farrah run, Incheroo. He's got a few weeks off now, why not give him a bell.

It was only when I typed that I realised that it had affected me, so I've had a few tears.

There but for the grace of whatever you believe in go I.

He kept saying he hadn't been out of the house in 3 weeks when we knew he'd been in hospital last week for a week. Fecking heartbreaking.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Aww Incheroo, sorry about your art project.
                  Got any idea yet what you're going to do?

I'll be half of the others haven't even thought about it.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I know the feeling JC, don't know if you remember me mentioning the girl who came into my work about self harming, but i felt very very affected by that, it can be hard to not get involved in these things or take the struggles of other people to heart - especially if you can see yourself in them.

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

n art project is... i cannot get into the mindset to do it i'll be honest. I have never started a project sober - ever. I tried explaining my frustration to other half, but haven't been able to just come out with 'I don't know if I can do this without drinking'. I know everybody gets like that early on but alas I haven't the time to get to a point where i can work again naturally, n forcing it is just making me very frustrated.

Comment

InChains;1544553 wrote: I know the feeling JC, don't know if you remember me mentioning the girl who came into my work about self harming, but i felt very very affected by that, it can be hard to not get involved in these things or take the struggles of other people to heart - especially if you can see yourself in them.
                        I do sweetheart.

I never knew how widespread self harming was until I started at this place. It affects a lot of men too.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

InChains;1544555 wrote: n art project is... i cannot get into the mindset to do it i'll be honest. I have never started a project sober - ever. I tried explaining my frustration to other half, but haven't been able to just come out with 'I don't know if I can do this without drinking'. I know everybody gets like that early on but alas I haven't the time to get to a point where i can work again naturally, n forcing it is just making me very frustrated.
                          You can and will do this without drinking or I'll want to know why.

Lists, make lists. Lots and lots of lists.

Or stick ideas in a hat.

Think waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out side your comfort zone.

How's about a luvverly picture of a bunch of roses................you may kill me now.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

my fiance was a self harmer quit badly when young, don't know if it's always been so widespread n just become more public recently but seems like a major issue

Comment

I suppose it must be like child abuse both sexual and physical. Just wasn't talked about in the past.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I can imagine you were giving me a very stern look there JC xD You're right of course, and you know how i do love to make lists

Comment

Working...
                                X