Army Thread Saturday 17th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anon;1544741 wrote: On long runs when people are downing expensive sports drinks and Gels I eat jelly babies and drink water:H
    Oooh...eating...that's an idea! A mental distraction from the running. Definitely gonna try that. Does it have to be jelly babies?

RunningCourage;1544771 wrote:
    Orf to stick me head in a buke of long words that require a second book of many words to decipher wot first buke is on about. Only problem with the second buke (dikshunary) is that it usually leads me on adventures to other places related to words which means it'll be tomorrow before i re-find my way back to the first buke i was studying only to find i've forgotten what the meaning of the long word is so need then need to consult the dikshunary again...and it's like vicious circle.
    I find it much quicker to look up the meaning of words on-line instead of using the dictionary, arsey. Have you tried that? Just type the word you want plus "meaning" or "definition" into Google and away you go. Probably in your line of business the free on-line dictionaries might not quite be up to the job, but what about subscribing to something like the OED? Yep, there's the cost, obviously, but you might save a lot of time if you look up words frequently. Just a thought.

Comment

sweetpea29;1544724 wrote: Good morning MrT and all to come

Glad to hear ye have survived the manful MrT!

Off to workies for me, hoping it wont be too mental today!

Cousin is making progress, hopefully today they're gonna take her off the ventilator, some change from this day last week when we thought we would lose her Poor wee thing still has a long road ahead for physical/mental recovery but at least recovery is an option.

Hope everyone else here keeping well xx
      Piddlepantaloons :
      I am so happy for you and your family .... I have been sending positive (Reiki) vibes all week.
      Jesus she's had a tough time - but it's going to be ok now thank God ( for want of a better word )

Take care -talk later :l:l

Comment

Recluse;1544780 wrote: Oooh...eating...that's an idea! A mental distraction from the running. Definitely gonna try that. Does it have to be jelly babies?

I find it much quicker to look up the meaning of words on-line instead of using the dictionary, arsey. Have you tried that? Just type the word you want plus "meaning" or "definition" into Google and away you go. Probably in your line of business the free on-line dictionaries might not quite be up to the job, but what about subscribing to something like the OED? Yep, there's the cost, obviously, but you might save a lot of time if you look up words frequently. Just a thought.
        Jelly beans - I LURVE hard jelly beans :h

I think I'll sign up to that Recstar - for some of the big words the Molly wan & RC come out with :H:H

Comment

Fuck !!
          Now because Molls didn't do her research and SHARE it - I effin have to go looking at stoves :bigcry:
          FFS - stick pins in my eyes. MrS ALWAYS tries to do things on the cheap - so there will be heated discussion.... (read as murderous rows) !!!

If I disappear it's 'cos I had to move this arse & get dressed !

Comment

satz123;1544783 wrote: Jelly beans - I LURVE hard jelly beans :h

I think I'll sign up to that Recstar - for some of the big words the Molly wan & RC come out with :H:H
            It's the Gaelic words I have most trouble with in the barracks satzuma. Seems like there's a new one to learn every day. And don't get me started on the feckin pronunciations!!! :stomper:

Comment

Just had a wee text from yer Molls wan. She's out lewking at 'SHAGGIN stoves'
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ooh topic of the day?

Why is it when you chop a chilli you immediately need to scratch your eye?
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1544788 wrote: Ooh topic of the day?

Ah...a familiar problem Jackie. Maybe chillies make your eyes water the same way onions do? I always end up using a knuckle to rub my eye for temporary relief. Did a spot of goggling and apparently swishing your eye with milk is the answer if disaster should strike.

Comment

I knew I could rely on you Reccy.

Fortunately I resisted the temptation...............this time.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1544788 wrote: Ooh topic of the day?

yer eye?
                      i get an itchy bottom.

horny too :egad:

byeee...
                      zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooommmmmmmmm :H:H

Comment

:H:H:H snort.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

RunningCourage;1544794 wrote: yer eye?
                          i get an itchy bottom.
                          Do ya scratch it? I'm having second thoughts about coming round to yours for dinner...

Comment

S'all right Reccy plenty of curry here for you.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1544800 wrote: S'all right Reccy plenty of curry here for you.
                              Oh ta Jackie...I'm on me way

Comment

Recluse;1544798 wrote: Do ya scratch it? I'm having second thoughts about coming round to yours for dinner...
                                Scratch n sniff, Recs, scratch n sniff.

Comment

Working...
                                X