Army Thread Sunday 18th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

evening all, family thing was okay got back n went for a nice long run, now resting up before dinner, gonna have a quick read back t see how you're all doing
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Sweety... I'm glad to hear your cousin's getting better! Has she seen the baby yet?

Mollers... Wazza fast charger? Is it for yer phone?

We're switching our mobile service at the end of the month so looking to get a new phone... think I'm going to go with one of those large screen smart phones (like a small Kindle) if they're not too expensive. I have internet on my current phone (it's an LG 4G thingo) but it's kinda a waste of time as I can't read the shagging screen, the writing's so feckin small. I'm actually starting to think about lazer eye surgery... sick of not being able to read shit! Oh and someone told me yesterday that if we go through Best Buy we can bring our present smart phones in for a trade-in. Noice...

Re eBay... I bought two handbags on there last week... I haven't had the nerve to go back since the fatal shower episode so it was a BIG MOVE! A GIANT step for womankind in fact...

Satz... re the aches... I'm on the opposite side of the "use it or lose it" argument now. I used to firmly believe that but I've found I need to be a lot more careful at the gym the last couple of years. I used to be able to beat myself up good and not really suffer any physical fallout from it... not so anymore I'm afraid. I've come to the conclusion that I have to be kind to my body now... tough love ain't doing it no mo! One careless workout can give me gip for weeks after. Could it be that you're overdoing it at the gym? Maybe try taking it easier for a month and see if things improve?

Inchy... I gather you had a bit of a dust-up with your family. I have got to say, since you moved out of your mum's house, you sound like a different person. You sound a lot more hopeful about your future, to put it simply. It's lovely to see that. I think that you will have a few hiccups to begin with, but you are well on your way to a good life now. I found it very hard for the first 6 months after I left home (I was 16) but once I got in the swing of it, what a feckin relief to never have to be part of the madness that my childhood was. I gave up going to Uni when I left home but I've never regretted it. My father left me a monthly allowance that went up till I was 22 as long as I stayed in school/university... I waved goodbye to that at 16 and fecked off in the middle of the night. I didn't even contact my mother or family for 6 months. It ain't easy to start out with but I think you are going to be right as rain in a couple of months. And the wife's parents sound like two very good human beings. You deserve to be living with good people hun... XXX I hope things went OK at your mum's this arvo. You know... just say to yourself it's going to be hard to start with, that way you won't be getting side swiped by the feelings when they come on...

Jacks... Yer soup. Have you ever done the exact same thing with split green peas instead of lentils? It's "quite delicious"!

Reccy... I made ratatouille last week... with me ORGANIC vegetables! :H

:wavin: @ a'body else. And, yep, Girly... come out wherever you are! Perfection is NOT a requirement for this thread. We're a bunch of fuck ups! But we're pretty nice folk and definitely non-judgmental... :h

In other news... been doing shaggin housework and now I am going to veg. Apart from kewking dinner. Aussie (non feckin GMO) lamb chops on the barbie and hopefully some wild (it was livid) Alaskan King Crab and all... with melted Kerrygold... surf & turf loike. And brocolli with a blue cheese sauce. Whaaaa? Wha diet? )

Comment

InChains;1545305 wrote: evening all, family thing was okay got back n went for a nice long run, now resting up before dinner, gonna have a quick read back t see how you're all doing
        I'm glad it went well. You really are sounding SO much better in yourself. You might not notice it, but I defo do...

Comment

Evening all,
          Fab news about the FB thingy.

Yer dinner sounds just lovely,

Yo Zens.

Got the luvverly Jenz here so doing the MWO hokey cokey.............in and out.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1545310 wrote:
            Got the luvverly Jenz here so doing the MWO hokey cokey.............in and out.
            Let us know when yer right leg's in...

Comment

And off goeth I to goggle the Galaxy S4. I can't WAIT to get rid of my present phone. I think it's made my eyesight even worse again squinting at the fecker...

Comment

i still have the phone i have to blu tac the charger in, no y key, sometimes no backspace or 9 depending on how it's feeling. I LOVE my crap phone though... even if it does call strangers when it's supposed to be locked xD

n -everybody- work friends, you guys, folks i hardly know keep telling me how much better i sound, skins better, more productive... mad really. sounds like the way you left was a little harder than what i'm doing zen, very lucky to have the wife to take care of me n give me a home

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

I'll find the left leg when I've gorra minute.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

You're lucky Inchy... but you deserve it. You're a good person that's had a rough start. :l

Well, I'm going to go and visit Cheryl before starting on din dins. Couldn't get me crab but making langoustines instead. Never bought them here, only in Europe, so ve vill zee...

I'll be back in a bit. *Right leg out!*

Comment

mollyka;1545342 wrote: Got panicky cos my kindle disconnected from internet and nutting else did - but I'm back now!! Yay! Enjoy the grub zens and yep inchy if it walks like a duck an quacks like a duck it prolly is a duck! Everyone's telling u you're doing well - u just are!!!!! Xx
                      yiv no met one of me work colleagues...

Comment

Are you on the kindle now Molls ?
                        Cool

Comment

Hi folks,

How are ye all?

Inchy - glad to hear yer thing with family went ok. For what its worth I think yer sounding in better twist lately

Zenny can I come to yours for dinner please? Starvin here (

Hiya Molls, Jackie, Reccie, Satz, D'Arsey and anyone Ive missed :wavin:

Just back from seeing me cousin- first Ive seen her since she has awoke. Was awfully hard tbh- she's sooo dispirited and down and physically weak- tis a massive effort to even hold her head up. They cant take away ventilator until she has enough strength in her upper chest/neck- just seeing her it has hit home what a very long road lies ahead, and how fucking useless I feel. She hasn't seen baby yet and wont do for a while due to risk of infection. Know me worrying and stressing is defo not gonna help the situation but its impossible not to....
                          Sorry to vent here guys, just need to voice this helplessness and fear somewhere....

Please resume normal service...

Comment

sweetpea29;1545367 wrote: Hi folks,

How are ye all?

Inchy - glad to hear yer thing with family went ok. For what its worth I think yer sounding in better twist lately

Zenny can I come to yours for dinner please? Starvin here (

Hiya Molls, Jackie, Reccie, Satz, D'Arsey and anyone Ive missed :wavin:

Just back from seeing me cousin- first Ive seen her since she has awoke. Was awfully hard tbh- she's sooo dispirited and down and physically weak- tis a massive effort to even hold her head up. They cant take away ventilator until she has enough strength in her upper chest/neck- just seeing her it has hit home what a very long road lies ahead, and how fucking useless I feel. She hasn't seen baby yet and wont do for a while due to risk of infection. Know me worrying and stressing is defo not gonna help the situation but its impossible not to....
                            Sorry to vent here guys, just need to voice this helplessness and fear somewhere....

Please resume normal service...
                            Vent away chuck. It's yer right and why we're here to give you as much support and cyber hugs as we can. :l I hope her spirits rise in due course - and i have no doubt you all have uber amounts of strength to get through this - despite it being such lot of work coming ahead. And DON'T feel useless. This is one of those times you must believe (and if you dont i and many others sure as hell do) how USEFUL, how BENEFICIAL, how VALUABLE, how INTEGRAL YOU are to her recovery. You are. And don;t you dare think otherwise.

Thinking of you :l:l

Comment

RunningCourage;1545369 wrote: Vent away chuck. It's yer right and why we're here to give you as much support and cyber hugs as we can. :l I hope her spirits rise in due course - and i have no doubt you all have uber amounts of strength to get through this - despite it being such lot of work coming ahead. And DON'T feel useless. This is one of those times you must believe (and if you dont i and many others sure as hell do) how USEFUL, how BENEFICIAL, how VALUABLE, how INTEGRAL YOU are to her recovery. You are. And don;t you dare think otherwise.

Thinking of you :l:l
                              Thanks D'Arsey- your support and cyber hugs mean so very much - really do xx

Think just gotta a shock this eve to see her in such poor form, it is still major progress from last week and suppose I may keep that in mind. Also that I cant fix everything!!

How are you doing lately? Feels like always miss you? What ya studying?

Comment

sending you strength and hugs sweetpea. and what RC said.

Comment

Working...
                                X